OT: Geno | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Blackbird - Sandusky got away with it for a couple decades before it went public. This might be nothing, or the tip of the iceberg. Time will tell.

Regarding this woman, it appears that she's got a really bad case of "ABWS." That's "angry black woman syndrome."

This may end up being an example of why affirmative action is such a dangerous thing. This woman likely was hired in large part because she was a woman and/or she was black. There is a good chance that she didn't have the credentials to get the job, but affirmative action gave her the "hand up" to get her hired. So what happens? She sucks at her job (as she admits in her complaint). What happens when an institution has a policy of affirmative action for hiring but not for promotion? You get underqualified people who get hired and then stagnate in lower level positions because, while it's nice to have them on the payroll for purposes of claiming that you are an affirmative action employer, it's not nice to have them in management positions where they can screw things up.

Years go by. The combination of the entitlement felt by having been given something that wasn't earned followed by the disappointment felt at not getting undeserved promotions lead to ABWS.

Much easier to be angry at the world for "keeping you down" than to have to admit you don't have the talent to get the promotion.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Frank isn't even trying to hide his racism there, is he?

The NBA engages in gender discrimination? Does that include propping up a women's league that is a money chasm specifically in the name of equality?

Reaction Score
I'm glad that Frank is here to explain the realities of race and gender in 2012 America. I would guess that he is the smartest person in his social circle, and that it's a fairly unimpressive group of people, and that's why he's so strident in the nonsense that he posts.

Reaction Score
Blackbird - Sandusky got away with it for a couple decades before it went public. This might be nothing, or the tip of the iceberg. Time will tell.

Regarding this woman, it appears that she's got a really bad case of "ABWS." That's "angry black woman syndrome."

This may end up being an example of why affirmative action is such a dangerous thing. This woman likely was hired in large part because she was a woman and/or she was black. There is a good chance that she didn't have the credentials to get the job, but affirmative action gave her the "hand up" to get her hired. So what happens? She sucks at her job (as she admits in her complaint). What happens when an institution has a policy of affirmative action for hiring but not for promotion? You get underqualified people who get hired and then stagnate in lower level positions because, while it's nice to have them on the payroll for purposes of claiming that you are an affirmative action employer, it's not nice to have them in management positions where they can screw things up.

Years go by. The combination of the entitlement felt by having been given something that wasn't earned followed by the disappointment felt at not getting undeserved promotions lead to ABWS.

Much easier to be angry at the world for "keeping you down" than to have to admit you don't have the talent to get the promotion.

If Sandusky spent nearly 100% of his time around children, a good majority of which having access to the media and being decently well known, my guess is we would have been aware of the situation earlier.

The rest of your post...wow. You lack a basic understanding of privilege.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The NBA engages in gender discrimination? Does that include propping up a women's league that is a money chasm specifically in the name of equality?
Ironically, I believe the NBA is the best pro sport when it comes to including women. As zls said, the NBA has paid the tab for the WNBA for 10 years, it's hired female officials and put women into key positions (Security, etc). There are also female announcers for games. I know the network chooses the announcers but if the NBA had a beef with it, the women would be gone. The extent that the NBA has gone to to incorporate women is a thousand times better than NFL (whose inclusion of women seems limited to Erin Andrews and her cleavage), MLB and the NHL.

Reaction Score
Did you really just argue that the NBA dumping money into an all-women's league refutes my affirmative action comments?
If you don't think that, back when this woman was hired, most major corporations (including the NBA) did not give race and gender preferences to lesser-qualified candidates then there's nothing to be said.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sandusky was accused of abuse as early as 1998 and he had been banned from holding youth camps on the PSU campus in 2002. Part of the scandal is that Penn State knew about the abuse and did nothing or even covered it up.

If Geno were some kind of sleezebag, there would have to be three Athletic Directors and three University Presidents that agreed to cover it up. Maybe it's just me, but Prez Herbst doesn't seem like the type of women to shelter a guy accused of sexual assault nor is Geno's Associate Head Coach Chris Daily. I also think JC would have Geno's butt booted from the school if he got wind of something like that.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
How long before she pulls the race card.....
Too late, she already did. Not in the actual legal complaint mind you, but as hearsay in her NYTimes article.

Reaction Score
Affirmative Action is racist.
Pointing out the flaws in affirmative action is not racist.

Agreed on affirmative action. Like any other well-intended progressive program, when taken too far they become counterproductive due to the unintended consequences. The liberals doth protest too much, me thinks. People who are riddled with guilt and/or self-loathing are often the most vocal. Like homophobes, we have racistphobes. And there are a lot more "phobes" out there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sandusky was accused of abuse as early as 1998 and he had been banned from holding youth camps on the PSU campus in 2002. Part of the scandal is that Penn State knew about the abuse and did nothing or even covered it up.

If Geno were some kind of sleezebag, there would have to be three Athletic Directors and three University Presidents that agreed to cover it up. Maybe it's just me, but Prez Herbst doesn't seem like the type of women to shelter a guy accused of sexual assault nor is Geno's Associate Head Coach Chris Daily. I also think JC would have Geno's butt booted from the school if he got wind of something like that.

Uh, Nan? Why are we equating what is, under the worst case scenario, a rebuffed flirtation, with a serial pedophile?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Uh, Nan? Why are we equating what is, under the worst case scenario, a rebuffed flirtation, with a serial pedophile?
See Frank Ivy's post above. My point is that people knew about Sandusky and they knew over 10 years before his arrest. A campus, no matter how large, is still a small community and everyone knows everyone else's business so folks HAD to know about Sandusky. If Geno were the kind of guy that went around accosting women in any way, people would HAVE to know and a lot of people would have to cover it up.

Reaction Score
They should stop whining and catch up.
What anybody should do is take advantage of the opportunities that are available, and not blame others for their failure to succeed.
So affirmative action has been around for about 40 years. Right?

How has the black community done in that time?

Illegitimacy rate today among blacks is about 7 in 10 births, or about three times what it was before AA.
A recent analysis of black males showed that only 47% graduate high school.
Nationwide, the highest state rate of "reading at 8th grade level" in 8th grade for black males was 15%. Note that these are kids who were born in the late 90s. Meaning that 30 or more years of affirmative action preceded their testing.

There are many other stats, almost all of them bad.

Affirmative Action and the welfare state have failed. Period. The two have conspired to create an entitlement and blame mentality that has resulted in black economic aspirations in this country being driven head first into the toilet.

Your affirmative action has failed. 40 years of applying leeches has accomplished a demolition of the black communities. If you want 360 more years of welfare and affirmative action - both of which stand for the insidious notion that black people can't make it without whitey's help notwithstanding a level playing field - to get to 400 even years, then you're dooming the black communities in this country even more than they are now.

Reaction Score
If Geno were some kind of sleezebag.
I'm not saying he is or he isn't. I frankly don't care. I'm simply saying that it is entirely possible that he has been bold with women in the manner described in the complaint over the years and it has been covered up. Certainly not a sex abuse case, but not heart warming either.

Like I said - I could care less either way, but from an outside perspective, I'm giving it a 75% chance that somebody else comes forward and claims Geno acted boorishly.

Reaction Score
The heart wants what it wants. Still, any unwitnessed advances are always difficult to prove. Note to self: If I ever become rich and famous, never get on an elevator with a single female and no one else.

It's not the heart that is the source of the problems in these situations.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Affirmative Acion was a great program for 20 years from 1967-87. Coming out of the Bush Recession of 1992 the flaws were readily apparent. Companies neeeded to be more nimble and AA was too generic. Women in particular made great strides fron 67-92. Burgeoning Hispanic immigration during high unemployment created disparities that were justly called reverse discrimination.

Clinton's review in 1998 was bold. I could argue that AA needed revision in 1998 to address some specific disparities. The argument then was that the pipeline was full of qualified candidates and an increasing number of management positions would be filled by women and minorities.

We saw one of the ugliest cases here in CT in Ricci v. DeStefano (the firefighters).

Ricci gave up a second job to have time to study for the test. Because he has dyslexia, he paid an acquaintance $1,000 to read his textbooks on to audiotapes. Ricci also made flashcards, took practice tests, worked with a study group, and participated in mock interviews. He placed 6th among 77 people who took the lieutenant's test

The Black dudes didn't study at all. They figured if enough failed they could file a law suit and the test should be based on field testing not books. New Haven voided the test and all Ricci's hard work.

Just ugly.

Reaction Score
Ironically, I believe the NBA is the best pro sport when it comes to including women. As zls said, the NBA has paid the tab for the WNBA for 10 years, it's hired female officials and put women into key positions (Security, etc). There are also female announcers for games. I know the network chooses the announcers but if the NBA had a beef with it, the women would be gone. The extent that the NBA has gone to to incorporate women is a thousand times better than NFL (whose inclusion of women seems limited to Erin Andrews and her cleavage), MLB and the NHL.

Yea, the NBA seems to be better than just about any other sports league with gender equality. It's not good. But it's better than the rest.

Although, the idea that the NBA is "Dumping" money into the WNBA is uninformed, to say the least.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
What anybody should do is take advantage of the opportunities that are available, and not blame others for their failure to succeed.
So affirmative action has been around for about 40 years. Right?

How has the black community done in that time?

Illegitimacy rate today among blacks is about 7 in 10 births, or about three times what it was before AA.
A recent analysis of black males showed that only 47% graduate high school.
Nationwide, the highest state rate of "reading at 8th grade level" in 8th grade for black males was 15%. Note that these are kids who were born in the late 90s. Meaning that 30 or more years of affirmative action preceded their testing.

There are many other stats, almost all of them bad.

Affirmative Action and the welfare state have failed. Period. The two have conspired to create an entitlement and blame mentality that has resulted in black economic aspirations in this country being driven head first into the toilet.

Your affirmative action has failed. 40 years of applying leeches has accomplished a demolition of the black communities. If you want 360 more years of welfare and affirmative action - both of which stand for the insidious notion that black people can't make it without whitey's help notwithstanding a level playing field - to get to 400 even years, then you're dooming the black communities in this country even more than they are now.

Most people dig themselves a hole using a shovel.

FrankIvy prefers using dynamite.

Reaction Score
Agreed.
Its not my fault I've had the benefit of a 400-Year head-start.
They should stop whining and catch up. :rolleyes:

Funny how people will think what Frank Ivy wrote was ignorant but will just gloss over a statement like this which, in my opinion, is way more ignorant. My father had an 8th grade education and grew up on a farm in a country devastated by World War II. They were so poor after the war that, when their well ran dry, he had to dig a new well, by himself, with HAND TOOLS. To ZLS, how about that hole and that shovel! He came to this country with no money and unable to speak the language AT ALL. He lived with his uncle in Bridgeport who worked at a low paying blue collar job. He slept in his cousin's room which was available because his cousin was serving in the Navy. He learned the language and worked in construction and in a machine shop. His son attended MIT and got a graduate degree in engineering. Tell me where the 400 year head start occured in this scenario. By the way, we belong to an ethnic group that STILL has not seen one of its own win the presidency and was, not long ago, relegated to the ghettos as new immigrants. By not long ago, I mean way less than 100 years.

Reaction Score
if Geno discriminates against "women" like she claims then whys Geno coaching a WOMEN'S team in the olympics lol she just wants some money .. poor lady smh

Reaction Score
That's quite the stretch
Of course it's quite a stretch. Probably, it's not true.
But you asked what his meaning was. His meaning was, to me, straightforward, even if unlikely.
It's like somebody saying they saw a ghost in the attic.
I don't ask, "what do you mean by that?" because it's unlikely (impossible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom