OT: Gas furnace help | The Boneyard

OT: Gas furnace help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After 40 years the old natural gas furnace crapped out tonight. Anybody have any recommendations or advice (other than get a new one). Is there a big difference in brands? Was looking into Trane and Lennox.

Reaction Score
I don't personally have a lot of heating system knowledge, but a friend who is an HVAC expert speaks very highly of Trane products.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't personally have a lot of heating system knowledge, but a friend who is an HVAC expert speaks very highly of Trane products.

That is terrible advice.

He clearly needs to move.

Reaction Score
Oh and no smoking or candles until its fixed. Otherwise your the top story at 11.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I hear some people use their charcoal grill to heat their house. Once they went to charcoal, they never used anything else.

My only suggestion is to do your own research, with any suggestions you get here as a starting point. Pay for quality, not value - for the furnace AND installation.

I also suggest a natural gas backup generator, if you can afford one. I use my gasoline powered generator at least a couple days a year. It's great, but getting the gas and refilling the generator is a pain.

Reaction Score
Thanks all. I think I'll secretly move--alone.

Reaction Score
When I replaced mine, a good 10 yrs ago, I did for age, and also a home addition. I was with a large intl co with substantial energy/industrial side. I checked with those folks for info - if they didn't know, no one did. The undisputed rcmnd was Burnham gas boilers. The others: not so good. That's what I installed, and have been very happy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Thanks all. I think I'll secretly move--alone.

Considering the girl in your avatar I don't see why you would need a furnace to keep warm.

Reaction Score
I just got a Lennox AC and Gas Furnance recently and they seem to be working really well. Significant improvement over my older crap ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom