ot - Garden hose | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ot - Garden hose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The more expensive heavy duty hoses from Home Depot etc. last forever.

Basically, if you have a choice to buy a hose for $20, $30 or $40 just go with the $40 one. Otherwise you'll just be buying another hose next year. If you are a goober like some of the guys above, you could put more thought into it, but its just a *king hose.

Kinda liked it until you mentioned "goobers"......wtf.......I have the expensive hose that has lasted forever.......was it okay for my wife to try the gimmick from TV to plug in the front to water her flowers hound man? 10 waterings - worthless.........still doesn't take a "goober" to try .............now I have to go eat some "peas";)

Reaction Score
Kinda liked it until you mentioned "goobers"......wtf.......I have the expensive hose that has lasted forever.......was it okay for my wife to try the gimmick from TV to plug in the front to water her flowers hound man? 10 waterings - worthless.........still doesn't take a "goober" to try .............now I have to go eat some "peas";)

I kid, I kid. Who am I to talk? I vouched for the validity of an "as seen on TV" Water Jet in this thread.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ray Kasongo to the tune of "Goober Peas":

I loved to use the Twitter expressing all my thoughts
Posting to scouts who'll read me, showing I'm a tease.

When suddenly I go to UConn and hang with All Star bros
But suddenly I'm told to go eat Goober peas...

Reaction Score
I'm back!!!

After all the above oblique comments, still have no consensus:

Is it rubber, or a 'non-kink'????????

Reaction Score
There are frost warnings in CT, so put your hoses away for another season. Any new hose, will only burst at this point.... We can reintroduce this topic next spring.... 1-2-3, all hoses in... Break!

Reaction Score
My brother in law bought one of those krinkle hoses that take up almost no space and expand when filled with water. It sprung a leak almost immediately. He brought it back to Home Depot and they guy laughed, saying everyone was returning them - they're junk.

I use Craftsman rubber hoses. The rubber stays more flexible than plastic, particularly as it ages.
I considered one last summer but the customer reviews were terrible...most experienced the same issue with leaks.

Reaction Score
There are frost warnings in CT, so put your hoses away for another season. Any new hose, will only burst at this point.... We can reintroduce this topic next spring.... 1-2-3, all hoses in... Break!

Screw off (pun intended?). I need the duck* hose NOW to last minute wash the house for the winter.

fyi, the pros advocate rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog