OT: For Dog Lovers | The Boneyard

OT: For Dog Lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My family has had dogs my whole life but I picked up my first dog, boykin spaniel i named Bodhi, a couple months ago. No better feeling than seeing him light up with excitement every day when I get home from work.

Very touching story.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dogs have a magic about them… They take such good care of their humans… They make us better… Had to say goodbye to my boy Scout this past October (that's him in the picture)… Godspeed to Rainbow bridge, my sweet prince...

Reaction Score
Dogs have a magic about them… They take such good care of their humans… They make us better… Had to say goodbye to my boy Scout this past October (that's him in the picture)… Godspeed to Rainbow bridge, my sweet prince...
I lost my sweet 15 year old Millie last May, also pictured in my avatar. I know what you're going through, it's brutal and it takes time, best wishes. Yes, dogs are magical creatures.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We lost Aldo at 10 in late 2012 having raised him from 8 weeks. He passed in my arms at home, about the worst experience I've had. About 3 months later, a neighbor who'd lost his wife and remarried a "cat person" asked us if we would take his late wife's 11-year old Aussie Shepherd, Bruno. He's now been here a year. This dog has a black heart. Pretty much all take, no give. I swear if he had thumbs he'd have burned the house down already. But once in a while he'll go all cute on us, then all is forgiven.

Reaction Score
I guess there are things we can agree on, thanks for sharing, very touchy and I think I need a new box of tissues in my office

There's things a lot more important in life and this makes it all real Jer……I come home to my Amber, walk her, she never stops wagging her tail and smiling……..she's 9 1/2 now, walked her 2 weeks ago in the snow and saw nothing but red coming out every stop in her pee…..I was scared to death yet again……..vet looked her over knowing there's only a few things it can be, we tried some antibiotics and 2 days later and since I've seen nothing but clear streams and I can sleep again……I can't imagine the day I really can't!

Reaction Score

RIP Scout……so sorry to hear about it.

As good as they are to us they should outlive us…….

Reaction Score
great story; an oldie but a goodie even if it may not be entirely authentic. my two dogs (Miles is my avatar...) are the freaking best. they truly love unconditionally and are just such a comfort each and every day. I have no idea what I would do without them and shudder thinking that the day will come when they won't be there to greet me each and every day or do the amazingly goofy yet loving things they do.

Reaction Score
One of the best things you can do when you lose a beloved pet is get another one. I see my previous dogs in each new one I get. It is as if they are all related and it is very comforting. To those that say their pet could never be replaced, that's true. However, a new pet creates its own space in your heart.

With that, I'm gonna take my boy for a ride to pick up my son, he loves the backseat.

U

UCONNfan1

Dude, you suck! ;) I've been around labs most of my life, and could totally relate. Great story. Thanks for sharing!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
For the literate dog lovers here....

I highly recommend:
Merle-s-Door-9780151012701.jpg

Reaction Score
Evidence that Fishy is Satan - he does not like dogs!

Also the reason they didn't allow us to be DogTeam in the BYC and instead opted for Team Fishy…lol…..I mean check out Deep's post…..I didn't know I was playing with Satan and Michael Vick all those rounds! brother swan will have to chime in so I can find out if at least 2 or our foursome gets it!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dogs are great.

They shed all over the house. They drool on stuff. They poop in the yard when you're lucky and in the house when you're not. Either way, you'll eventually step in it. They throw up on the furniture, carpets, wood floors, ceramic floors and even people if they get the chance. The larger ones occasionally drag dead animals back to the house. And they just love you unconditionally until you accidentally touch their favorite toy and then they bite your head. And then you get to pour thousands of dollars into them because we've bred creatures that can catch badgers, foxes, birds, deer or whatever, but forgot to breed in the ability to live more than ten years without every single bodily function failing. They start out peeing all over the house and end peeing all over the house.

We have a fish.

His name is Rocky. He cost $2.49 and has been with us for three years. He has consumed $2 worth of food in that time and has never chewed the couch, peed the floor or tried to eat the baby.

He's better than your dogs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Our dog spent most of the first half snoring on the floor. Loudly. Early in the second half she let me know that earlier this week she consumed rancid skunk because the smell that came out her Ashlynn Shade was simply putrid. By the time I knew what happened the smell was in my nostrils and made its way in to my throat.

But she's been great for almost 14 years, rarely barks and doesn't have any problem staying inside for 12-14 hours at a time. In the morning if it's raining, too cold or too hot she goes out back for a few seconds and says f-it, the climate controlled house is more appealing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I went a lot of years without having a dog and got one 21 months ago. I had forgotten the unconditional love and boundless joy and enthusiasm that a dog brings. I don't know why I waited so long but I'm glad I came to my senses.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We "rescued" a German shepherd/beagle in July. She's been great right up until she ate my wedding ring last Friday night. I spent last Sunday in the yard chopping up 9 poop samples. Nothing. 6am Monday morning she hacked it up.

Grrrrrr

1510542_10151875476149639_944445994_n.jpg

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well, I know what my favorite SB ad this year is. And it's not the sappy Bud one.

Sarah McLachlan puts it over the top.
Save the Doberhuahuas!

Reaction Score
We "rescued" a German shepherd/beagle in July. She's been great right up until she ate my wedding ring last Friday night. I spent last Sunday in the yard chopping up 9 poop samples. Nothing. 6am Monday morning she hacked it up.

Grrrrrr

Wow Dove great story………reminds me of Cheech and Chong or something!?>!?

Reaction Score
Dogs are great.

They shed all over the house. They drool on stuff. They poop in the yard when you're lucky and in the house when you're not. Either way, you'll eventually step in it. They throw up on the furniture, carpets, wood floors, ceramic floors and even people if they get the chance. The larger ones occasionally drag dead animals back to the house. And they just love you unconditionally until you accidentally touch their favorite toy and then they bite your head. And then you get to pour thousands of dollars into them because we've bred creatures that can catch badgers, foxes, birds, deer or whatever, but forgot to breed in the ability to live more than ten years without every single bodily function failing. They start out peeing all over the house and end peeing all over the house.

We have a fish.

His name is Rocky. He cost $2.49 and has been with us for three years. He has consumed $2 worth of food in that time and has never chewed the couch, peed the floor or tried to eat the baby.

He's better than your dogs.
We had to put the wife's poodle in diapers. For about a year. Don't want to go through that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom