OT: Florida State's victory in epic NC game. | The Boneyard

OT: Florida State's victory in epic NC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Sports journalists may have exhausted their supply of superlatives recently and it is understandable if their creative juices dried up after writing about how Indianapolis overcame a 28-point deficit to win, then San Diego pulling a win as time ran out.

But the BCS National Championship game last night was a real doozy. Freshman QB tossing the game-winning pass with only 13 clicks remaining. Wow!

It's hard to find just the right words to capture this drama, so I won't try. But I refer you to the quote below about the Heart of a Champion. Seems to fit that event.

The source of the quote is unlikely: Rudy Tomjanovich, former NBA player and coach. I latched on to it and made it my BY signature in honor of Diana Taurasi, when she performed miracles routinely for UConn. If ever a player had the Heart of a Champion, it was her.

But just for today, let's let Florida State QB Jameies Winston claim it.

Come March/April, we hope/expect that it will revert back to our UConn Huskies.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They played football last night?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Auburn dominated early, but FSU is very talented and explosive. The fake punt and KO return for the TD got them into position. It was one of those games where the team who had the ball and enough time for a drive at the end was going to win. If FSU had scored faster, I think Auburn would have stolen the game at the end.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I watched some of it on ESPN News station. They had a couple ex-players and 3-4 coaches (NCAA) discussing the game as it went along. Pretty interesting.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Auburn dominated early, but FSU is very talented and explosive. The fake punt and KO return for the TD got them into position. It was one of those games where the team who had the ball and enough time for a drive at the end was going to win. If FSU had scored faster, I think Auburn would have stolen the game at the end.
Actually, one could argue that Auburn scored too fast at the end... They left 1:12 on the clock, more than enough time for FSU as it turned out. Great game with lots of ebbs and flows.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Actually, one could argue that Auburn scored too fast at the end... They left 1:12 on the clock, more than enough time for FSU as it turned out. Great game with lots of ebbs and flows.
Agreed.

Two TDs in the last minute plus for the NC. Clutch offense. And maybe shoddy defense.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Great CFB game. An Auburn victory would have meant five straight NCs for the state of Alabama and eight for the SEC. Vomit. Very happy with even OU's win over Bama in the Sugar Bowl.

Ironically, last night's game was reminiscent of the last game where an SEC team didn't win, namely Texas's victory over USC in January 2006.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The Florida State team was the only unbeaten team this year. The SEC BCS title streak ends at seven.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Agreed.

Two TDs in the last minute plus for the NC. Clutch offense. And maybe shoddy defense.
You think? A four yard pass turned into 40 yards because of shoddy tackling. But, a just missed 23 yard field goal attempt by Auburn turned out to be the difference.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Florida State team was the only unbeaten team this year. The SEC BCS title streak ends at seven.

CaptObviousCat.jpg

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I sincerely meant that I was surprised there was a game last night. I hate the way this is all stretches out forever. By the time the Championship Game is played I never remember to watch. Sorry BCS.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I sincerely meant that I was surprised there was a game last night. I hate the way this is all stretches out forever. By the time the Championship Game is played I never remember to watch. Sorry BCS.

I sincerely believe that all seasons for major sports are too darn long. But to help you be aware, be advised that tonight:
NCAA wcbb: UConn vs. Houston
NCAA men's bb: several games, including #3 OSU vs. #5 MSU
NBA: eleven games
NHL: ten games​

NFL playoff games continue this weekend.

All you need is a few cable subscriptions (e.g., DirecTV, Dish, SNY, Cable, etc.), a dozen TVs, a few clickers, and a big supply of batteries.

Enjoy your sports viewing!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
All you need is a few cable subscriptions (e.g., DirecTV, Dish, SNY, Cable, etc.), a dozen TVs, a few clickers, and a big supply of batteries.

But you forgot... Several cases of your favorite adult beverage! And chips!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I sincerely believe that all seasons for major sports are too darn long. But to help you be aware, be advised that tonight:
NCAA wcbb: UConn vs. Houston
NCAA men's bb: several games, including #3 OSU vs. #5 MSU
NBA: eleven games
NHL: ten games​

NFL playoff games continue this weekend.

Enjoy your sports viewing!
You forgot all the Olympic qualifying.

And, and, EPL, La Liga, SerieA, Bundesliga all play this weekend. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members