OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 22 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein
Rick Pitino has released a statement, per his attorney.

DKr14xVVAAAORj_.jpg
As shown in the attached Gatto made three phone calls to Coach 2 who based on the description in the indictment could be nobody else but Pitino. These 3 calls were made days before the Bowen commit. So the sneaker rep who is financing the deal is making calls to the coach just before the commit. Nothing to see here.

Attachments

• IMG_0762.PNG
    IMG_0762.PNG
    373.4 KB · Views: 126
Reaction Score
For a guy with the power that Pitino has, I am absolutely amazed that he never seems to have any idea of what ANY of his assistants are doing.

Doing his best imitation of Chevy Chase in Fletch - "THANK GOD, the FBI..."

"Save me from these horrible, mean, selfish people (his assistants) who keep going behind my back to sully my good name and the reputation of this fine, upstanding institution for higher learning." This guy is absolutely the biggest piece of s&!$ going.

Yes Rick, it is true... Bruce Bowen just "fell into your lap"... and according to you, it did not cost you a dime!... Except that it did... $100,000 worth. Oh, but of course, you knew ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about that part.

What a complete and utter buffoon... a shameless, sick, ego-maniacal, take-no-responsibility-for-anything loser!!!
Deny ,Deny, Deny
That’s my advice
Unless of course you can provide the goods on Calipari

Reaction Score
As shown in the attached Gatto made three phone calls to Coach 2 who based on the description in the indictment could be nobody else but Pitino. These 3 calls were made days before the Bowen commit. So the sneaker rep who is financing the deal is making calls to the coach just before the commit. Nothing to see here.

It would be interesting to see how many times Gatto called Pitino in previous months.

Reaction Score
Based on the precedent set by the NCAA in the Cam Newton case, as long as the player themselves didn't take the money, they should be good. If all the money was accepted by a parent or representative, and the player "didn't know", then the player is eligible in the eyes of the NCAA. That sounds like I am being sarcastic and ridiculous, but I am not. That is actually the precedent set by the Cam Newton and Auburn fiasco.

The NCAA closed that loophole after that case. You are now accountable for any impermissible benefits your parents receive without your knowledge.

Reaction Score
At some point a family member will go postal. Once a one and done is ruled ineligible, and the FBI has a money trail (and maybe tapped conversations) there's no reason for them to play nice. They're going to sing publicly and privately. We're going to hear, "Yeah, we got $100k! So damn what! How much is the school making? How much is coach making? How much is the sneaker company making? It's a hell of a lot more than $100k! And the NBA tells my kid that he can't make a living for a year so he has to be a slave to a bunch of leaches! We took the money from [Fill in the School], but turned it down from [Name a crap load of other schools]. By the way, we also took it from [Name a school that got the original commitment] and they were pissed when we bailed after getting more!"

Mo Bamba’s brother or step-brother did and was laughed at.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
If Pitino is fired or "steps down" and I do mean if because he has survived two serious(should have been fired) situations at Lville already he will be coaching in the NCAA in two years. If Pearl can get resurrected four times then Pitino has at least one more life in him.

Reaction Score
If Pitino is fired or "steps down" and I do mean if because he has survived two serious(should have been fired) situations at Lville already he will be coaching in the NCAA in two years. If Pearl can get resurrected four times then Pitino has at least one more life in him.

They already received a call from a coach who is interested when they drop the hammer. Perfect fit:

Disgraced former Baylor coach Dave Bliss resigns from Southwestern Christian University

He's much smarter than Rick he would've had the hookers murdered!

Reaction Score
You would have to believe that Nike is probably doing somethin similar.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
The part of this that is very odd to me is with this activity is so widespread, how is it being kept out of the light for so long? What kept some 17 - 18 year old kid from bragging to the wrong person? It seems to me that there must be some pressure coming from some direction that is preventing it from coming out. I understand that there were always insinuations and allegations but federal indictments usually mean are the result of some very heavy duty investigative work. Just how were they able to keep all of this under wraps for so long?

Reaction Score
hahaha louisville and slick rick at it again. Go ACC!
While past performance is not an inducator of future performance, Pitino really should deny any knowledge, involvement, and responsibility.

Reaction Score
The part of this that is very odd to me is with this activity is so widespread, how is it being kept out of the light for so long? What kept some 17 - 18 year old kid from bragging to the wrong person? It seems to me that there must be some pressure coming from some direction that is preventing it from coming out. I understand that there were always insinuations and allegations but federal indictments usually mean are the result of some very heavy duty investigative work. Just how were they able to keep all of this under wraps for so long?

Northbound just posted the issue with Mo Bamba above. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Reaction Score
The ACC has to be so damn proud of the programs they took form the Big East huh? BC can't win anything, they're dreadful. The Cuse is never going to be the same program while being treated like a rented mule in that conference and Louisville, while talented is best at "financing the student athletes and houses of ill repute".

Nice choices Swofford!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc