OT - Doris Burke is so much better doing NBA games | The Boneyard

OT - Doris Burke is so much better doing NBA games

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She's great! Sticks to the game, doesn't say anything overly drawn out or dramatic...granted, she's doing sideline, but still. I actually enjoy her.

Is anyone else watching this game? The Spurs are so incredible to watch. As a Dallas girl, they should be my sworn enemy, but I can't hate. They play real basketball.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like her calling all games... except when she talks about "frames" but she is refreshing calling the NBA

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She hasn't used the word "comported" once, even though I really feel that Kahwi Leonard has comported himself very well against Lebron. :D

Reaction Score
She's great! Sticks to the game, doesn't say anything overly drawn out or dramatic...granted, she's doing sideline, but still. I actually enjoy her.

Is anyone else watching this game? The Spurs are so incredible to watch. As a Dallas girl, they should be my sworn enemy, but I can't hate. They play real basketball.

As opposed to what, fake basketball?

Reaction Score
As opposed to typical NBA, isolation, shoot-a-fadeaway-jumper-rather-than-make-the-extra-pass basketball.

It is easy to understand how one might look at the game as you describe it, but if you ever have the opportunity to watch an NBA game from courtside, you will come away with a totally different opinion of the NBA game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
BG's China coach said there's no such thing as an "extra pass"... its just another pass (within the shot clock)

VAU I totally agree, NBA is awesome... of course they complain to the refs, pound their chest etc. but the "game" is the best of the best.

there's a difference between U12, HS, College and Pros so we tend to like what we like. I prefer girls HS basketball over most womens college BBall and all of the WBNA... strange, but we like what we like and folks need to stop knocking the other

Reaction Score
It is easy to understand how one might look at the game as you describe it, but if you ever have the opportunity to watch an NBA game from courtside, you will come away with a totally different opinion of the NBA game.
Costs too much for me to ever do that.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I watch a huge amount of NBA basketball, actually. I'm lucky to live in Dallas, where we have the second best coach in the league (behind Pop). There's a difference between the way the Spurs play and everyone else. Dallas is the only team so far that gave them a tough time in the playoffs. And it's very obvious that the Spurs ball movement>Lebron holding the ball until the shot clock runs down and then settling for a jump shot.

Reaction Score
Costs too much for me to ever do that.

Understandable. I did not pay for my last NBA courtside seats 24 years ago(did not pay for the other two courtside experiences at Knicks games 20 years prior in 1970) - Detroit at San Antonio; Great game. The Pistons were the defending champs; Dennis Rodman, who would go on to win the Defensive Player of the Year Award that year, got lit up by Terry Cummings to the tune of 40 points. My biggest takeaway was how incredibly hard these guys defended, how much they communicate, and how difficult it was, offensively, to get off a good shot within 24 seconds.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watch a huge amount of NBA basketball, actually. I'm lucky to live in Dallas, where we have the second best coach in the league (behind Pop). There's a difference between the way the Spurs play and everyone else. Dallas is the only team so far that gave them a tough time in the playoffs. And it's very obvious that the Spurs ball movement>Lebron holding the ball until the shot clock runs down and then settling for a jump shot.

I like your owner. He obviously enjoys the games. There again, there is contrasting styles of ownership. There is no right way ot wrong way necessarily. As long as it works.

Miami is the two time defending champion. How is it possible to now criticize their style of play?

Reaction Score
Understandable. I did not pay for my last NBA courtside seats 24 years ago(did not pay for the other two courtside experiences at Knicks games 20 years prior in 1970) - Detroit at San Antonio; Great game. The Pistons were the defending champs; Dennis Rodman, who would go on to win the Defensive Player of the Year Award that year, got lit up by Terry Cummings to the tune of 40 points. My biggest takeaway was how incredibly hard these guys defended, how much they communicate, and how difficult it was, offensively, to get off a good shot within 24 seconds.
I hear ya. I had a second row seat to a Bullets-Laker preseason game in Baltimore in the '80s. Got to see Magic and Jabbar in their prime. A ball came out of bounds and I got to throw it back to Magic!

But it probably only cost around ten bucks at that time.

Reaction Score
Courtside seats are awesome. But can be dangerous - Steve Nash stepped on my foot one time. Same game I had a beer on the court under my folding chair and the ball rolled under my chair and knocked it over. They had to do a TV timeout to mop up the beer from the court.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She is much better on NBA broadcasts. When she does women's games she uses every cliche in the book and tells the same tired stories over and over. I've never heard her say "Go on, LeBron."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I like your owner. He obviously enjoys the games. There again, there is contrasting styles of ownership. There is no right way ot wrong way necessarily. As long as it works.

Miami is the two time defending champion. How is it possible to now criticize their style of play?

If not for one HUGE shot, SA would be the defending champions. Let's face it, they blew it last year. But I don't blame Miami's style, I blame their effort.

San Antonio reminds me of the UCONN women. They simply play a style of TEAM basketball that no other NBA team plays. Pop coaches much like Geno.

Reaction Score
If not for one HUGE shot, SA would be the defending champions. Let's face it, they blew it last year. But I don't blame Miami's style, I blame their effort.

San Antonio reminds me of the UCONN women. They simply play a style of TEAM basketball that no other NBA team plays. Pop coaches much like Geno.

exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc