OT: Django Unchained | The Boneyard

OT: Django Unchained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else see it? Thoughts?

I thought it was excellent. It was one of the most brutal, gut wrenching, and graphically violent films I can recall (Tarantino at his most extreme). It was also a bit too long. However, it did a great job of demonstrating the horrors of slavery and racism in a fairly realistic manner. The production values were outstanding, and the performances were brilliant. Christoph Walts is an amazing actor, and does a wonderful job as the most decent person (for a shoot first bounty hunter) in the film. Jamie Foxx is splendid and a true badass. Leonardo DiCaprio proves he can personify evil with the best of them. He was incredible. Samuel L. Jackson plays a very despicable and complex character, and as usual, does a remarkable job. All in all, a great movie. However, it is not for everyone.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Movie was so great. Sam Jackson had the best role in the entire film. He killed it.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen it yet but know I'll love it, loved Inglorious Basterds and Christopher Waltz is amazing. Saw Sliver Linings Playbook, very good movie.

Reaction Score
Saw it, very entertaining. Jackson and the German played their parts to the T. Horses were not immune in this movie, extremely rare to see that in movies.

Reaction Score
Silver Linings with DeNiro. What is this about , comedy or drama or some of both?

Reaction Score
DeNiro plays the father in Silver linings, his son is Bradley Cooper who comes home to live with his parents after leaving a psychiatric hospital. Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence are the leads, they are both very good. It's an entertaining and funny movie. Chris Tucker is surprisIngly good in a supporting role.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Silver Linings with DeNiro. What is this about , comedy or drama or some of both?
Go see it- great film. Ideally, take a woman. Best date movie in years.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Django was terrific. Everything you would expect from a Tarantino film. If we had Taratino and Jamie Foxx, we wouldn't have needed that stupid Civil War.

Reaction Score
DeNiro plays the father in Silver linings, his son is Bradley Cooper who comes home to live with his parents after leaving a psychiatric hospital. Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence are the leads, they are both very good. It's an entertaining and funny movie. Chris Tucker is surprisIngly good in a supporting role.

Is Jennifer Lawrence naked at any point?

Reaction Score
She doesn't get naked but she wears tight pants throughout which show off her great ass.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
After the horror that was Booty Call, I will never again watch a movie in which Jamie Foxx has a starring role.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I didn't know who Jennifer Lawrence was, so I did a google image search and yes indeed, she has an ass of asses. Then I looked her up in Wikipedia and saw she was born in 1990. Now I've had my first experience of feeling like a dirty old man (but surely won't be the last)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I didn't know who Jennifer Lawrence was, so I did a google image search and yes indeed, she has an ass of asses. Then I looked her up in Wikipedia and saw she was born in 1990. Now I've had my first experience of feeling like a dirty old man (but surely won't be the last)
I figure it's a positive thing when you go from being a pervert to a dirty old man.

Reaction Score
Great movie, Samuel Jackson, killed it, Waltz was at his best, the whole cast was on point, recommend the film, 2 thumbs up

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I am clueless on who is famous these days but if you had missed Jennifer Lawrence the last few years that is impressive. The Hunger Games seemed to be everywhere.

Reaction Score

Joober, I'm nearly 35, and I constantly feel like a dirty old man working in retail.

Reaction Score
Go see it- great film. Ideally, take a woman. Best date movie in years.

Saw Les Misérables, not my flavor, but the romance and love story got to my wife. If you want to get laid after the date, this is the film.

Reaction Score
The movie was longer than advertised, however I feel that it was incredibly well done also. My buddy was saying that the scene where they let the dogs loose was one of the first times he'd ever done the "cover your eyes, but peek through the fingers" bit. Tarantino is a Master Director; the cast was perfect for the roles (I like his loyalty to people ie. Jackson, Waltz, etc. plus they're ridiculously great) and the way his plot lines go from the far end of dramatic to insanity in the blink of an eye.

Reaction Score
Saw Les Misérables, not my flavor, but the romance and love story got to my wife. If you want to get laid after the date, this is the film.

Does you wife want to see it again Kitaman??:oops:................or do I have to try it with mine?

Reaction Score
Naw, she didn't realize it's a complete musical (maybe 4 spoken words). We never saw the Broadway play. She enjoyed it, but not necessarily loved it. Bring a handkerchief or tissues for her. It's a good flick but I don't believe there is any lip syncing, so be prepared, because Russell Crowe is no Pavorotti.

Reaction Score
Naw, she didn't realize it's a complete musical (maybe 4 spoken words). We never saw the Broadway play. She enjoyed it, but not necessarily loved it. Bring a handkerchief or tissues for her. It's a good flick but I don't believe there is any lip syncing, so be prepared, because Russell Crowe is no Pavorotti.

Good news is my wife actually has grown to hate the movies so the worst that can happen is we watch in "ON DEMAND" sometime..........Now my son and I will go to Django Unchained!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom