OT - DID YOU SEE THAT AUBURN FG RETURN?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - DID YOU SEE THAT AUBURN FG RETURN??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sorry Kibitz, but no, there was not enough leg in that kick for a 57 yard FG, maybe even a 52 yard kick. See the replay and the returner is catching the ball in front of the goal posts maybe 4 ft off the ground, and the ball would have had to be many feet up from there to reach the cross bar. The kicker's limit was about 50, and a hail bama toss would have been more prudent. Still, if I was Bama, I would have told one of those big slow guys to go over toward his right sideline after the kick and just stand there ready to put a big belly on any returner for a nudge out of bounds, because I'm very good at being a Sunday morning quarterback.
thanks Dobb

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I readily concede the point about the kick being short. Dumb me, forgetting that goal posts in college are ten yards behind the goal line. So, yes, it was short and I was mistaken.

Still, the Auburn hero was credited with a 109 yard return, so he caught it only one yard from the end line. Sufficiently miraculous.
Actually, the announcers said he would only be attributed with a 100 yard return because that is the limit on such returns in the records. I was surprised.

Reaction Score
Greatest Iron Bowl I've ever seen.

I can't bring myself to care about who wins the Big XII Defector Bowl. Sorry, Sara. :(
There is no doubt that if Alabama and Auburn played ten times, that would have been the only loss Alabama had and it took all kinds of blown field goals and stupid plays, especially the game ending play, for Auburn to win. It's a shame because I always want to see the best team win rather than a team winning by a combination of them playing their best game while the other team continually shoots themselves in the foot and gives away the game. Ohio State at the beginning of the year played some of the worst football that you could imagine, just barely beating crappy opponents and though they've finally started playing good ball, they were overtly lucky to beat a mediocre Michigan team when the Wolverines failed to convert a two point conversion attempt. In my mind, Florida State and Alabama are easily the best two teams in the country and should be playing for the national title and if it doesn't happen, then it sucks. I'm hopeful that Michigan State rocks Ohio State, crushing them. I'm not one who feels that losses at the end of the year should be any more significant than losses at the beginning of the year. There are multiple teams that have lost but in my mind, Alabama beat themselves and it took a fluke coverage on a play that maybe shouldn't have even happened because it appeared time had elapsed before Alabama's field goal attempt. Anyway, thanks for allowing me to rant. I do get carried away sometimes.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There is no doubt that if Alabama and Auburn played ten times, that would have been the only loss Alabama had and it took all kinds of blown field goals and stupid plays, especially the game ending play, for Auburn to win. It's a shame because I always want to see the best team win rather than a team winning by a combination of them playing their best game while the other team continually shoots themselves in the foot and gives away the game. Ohio State at the beginning of the year played some of the worst football that you could imagine, just barely beating crappy opponents and though they've finally started playing good ball, they were overtly lucky to beat a mediocre Michigan team when the Wolverines failed to convert a two point conversion attempt. In my mind, Florida State and Alabama are easily the best two teams in the country and should be playing for the national title and if it doesn't happen, then it sucks. I'm hopeful that Michigan State rocks Ohio State, crushing them. I'm not one who feels that losses at the end of the year should be any more significant than losses at the beginning of the year. There are multiple teams that have lost but in my mind, Alabama beat themselves and it took a fluke coverage on a play that maybe shouldn't have even happened because it appeared time had elapsed before Alabama's field goal attempt. Anyway, thanks for allowing me to rant. I do get carried away sometimes.
soooooo the Baylor Lady Bears are the 2013 WCBB National Campions in your eyes... :p

Reaction Score
Last night's UConn men's BB buzzer beater win over Florida was fabulous, and one I care infinitely more about. But, the Auburn win was amazing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I readily concede the point about the kick being short. Dumb me, forgetting that goal posts in college are ten yards behind the goal line. So, yes, it was short and I was mistaken.
Showing your age Kibitz. NFL goal posts are 10 yds behind the goal line also, and have been since 1974. ;)

Reaction Score
Auburn sideline reaction to the play as it unfolds. I like the assistant coach coaching Davis to go that way.....:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom