ot: Deflate-gate... Not. So. Fast.... | The Boneyard

ot: Deflate-gate... Not. So. Fast....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The N.F.L. commissioned a study, known as the Wells report, that concluded that it was “more probable than not” that Patriots personnel deliberately violated the rules and that Tom Brady, the Patriots quarterback, was aware of it. Following the release of the Wells report last month, the N.F.L. penalized the Patriots organization and suspended Mr. Brady for four games.

Our study, written with our colleague Joseph Sullivan, examines the evidence and methodology of the Wells report and concludes that it is deeply flawed. (We have no financial stake in the outcome of Deflategate.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/14/o...ight-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oh, golly gosh, please no! As an obese, tired old actor said in a really horrible genre movie as he slipped away: "The horror" etc, etc.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
yup!
A basically made up controversy by a bunch of incompetent bumbling fools otherwise know as the NFL league office!

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
yup!
A basically made up controversy by a bunch of incompetent bumbling fools otherwise know as the NFL league office!

The report by Hasset and Veuger simply confirms much of what I previously have believed and what I tried to make clear in the previous BY thread about "Deflategate", so I'm not going to continue flogging a dead horse other than to make 2 points.
1. Goodell needs to go. It's clear he's incompetent and a complete embarrassment to the NFL.
2. ESPN needs to be taken to the woodshed by the NFL owners and in no uncertain terms be told that ESPN's unethical reporting needs to end. I only stumbled on the article by accident by Mike Reiss by accident because it's nearly impossible to find any mention of it on ESPN's website. I guarantee that if the AEI report had validated the Well's report, ESPN would have made it the headline of the day.
3. All penalties in this case need to be vacated, including the suspension, team fine and loss of draft choices.
4. While they're at it, the NFL needs to do likewise for the "Spygate" scandal as well, which, like "Deflategate", was a made up controversy.

Reaction Score
SportsCenter this morning had a report by Sal Paolantonio saying that Brady and higher-ups in the organization are expecting the suspension to be negated once the appeal is heard.

Reaction Score
SportsCenter this morning had a report by Sal Paolantonio saying that Brady and higher-ups in the organization are expecting the suspension to be negated once the appeal is heard.
Ya the gist was that Brady isn't angling for his suspension getting reduced form 4 games to 2 or anything like that. He's going for the whole magilla - wants to be completely exonerated. Approach is to show the Wells report is garbage, plus the prescribed max penalty for "deflation" is $25,000, not the $1.8 million that a 4-game suspension would cost him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom