OT: Death Storm Arising | The Boneyard

OT: Death Storm Arising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know I never lose when Death Storms arrive......I get to snow blow the driveway while my son plays XBox 2012 NBA......:confused:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I remember there was a killer blizzard in 04-05 or something against Pittsburgh......we lost.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I went to a St. John's game in a blizzard down at MSG - thought we were gonna be stranded when some of the trains home were cancelled.

UConn scored 99 and won easily, but failed to top 100 pts when Boo Willingham bricked two free throws in the final seconds.

Reaction Score
I hit the snow around Hartford on the 26th coming over from Buffalo. It was stunning to see all these Nutmeggers in cars that can't handle the snow. I saw people spinning in a circle from a standstill right around Cromwell. Bizarre.

Reaction Score
People everywhere can't drive in snow......and some even in the rain find ways to panic!! Agreed upstater.......

Reaction Score
People everywhere can't drive in snow......and some even in the rain find ways to panic!! Agreed upstater.......

It's somewhat true in upstate NY when people in AWD SUVs speed on the highway and find themselves off the road pretty quickly, but other than that, the vast majority have cars that can drive in the snow. Otherwise, they'd never get anywhere.

Reaction Score
Yep.....I have perfect faith in my ability to drive in the snow...it's the cars around me I'm worried about... :cool:

Reaction Score
It's somewhat true in upstate NY when people in AWD SUVs speed on the highway and find themselves off the road pretty quickly, but other than that, the vast majority have cars that can drive in the snow. Otherwise, they'd never get anywhere.

It's the tires. People in CT won't put on snow tires because some winters are snowy and some aren't. The problem is that 30% of cars these days are running on performance/summer tires rather than a decent all season radial. Performance tires don't work in the slightest bit of snow....at all. If these people just gave up the racing tires on their BMWs and Mazdas and put a snow rated radial on, they'd have few issues other than in very, very poor conditions. People running around CT with those tires in winter should be ticketed and the car impounded.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Are we going to call it a death storm every time it snows?

Reaction Score
There was the blizzard game against Nova in Gampel (around 95-96). Then Gov. Rowland cancelled the game and UCONN played it the next day beating Nova.

I remember Ray and Rudy Johnson throwing down some dunks while Steve"Chipmunk" Lappas burned timeout after timeout trying to slow us down.

Reaction Score
If i remember correctly there was also a blizzard game against UNC at Gampel where UCONN horsefucked them right out of the building. I think it was the same day as the famous tuck game pats/raiders. I just remember driving home after that game in a lot of snow on my way north.

Reaction Score
I remember that snowtastic Cincy game back in 08 where we throttled them. Cheered very loud that day.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Too many people think all wheel drive includes all wheel stop. AWD does make it a lot easier to drive in snow. Stopping, not so much.

Reaction Score
There was the blizzard game against Nova in Gampel (around 95-96). Then Gov. Rowland cancelled the game and UCONN played it the next day beating Nova.

I remember Ray and Rudy Johnson throwing down some dunks while Steve"Chipmunk" Lappas burned timeout after timeout trying to slow us down.

I remember this well. We were up huge at the half and that Ray dunk was immense. We ended up holding on for a 8-10 point win as we were thoroughly outplayed in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom