OT: De'Andre Johnson Fight Video -Comments? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: De'Andre Johnson Fight Video -Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No I was not kidding. I have a good idea of how much of "rap is full of misogynistic violence"- too much is the short answer.

Do you recognize these lyrics?

Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in a market down in New Orleans
Scarred old slaver knows he's doing alright
Hear him whip the women just around midnight.

Just in case you don't it is first verse of Brown Sugar by the Stones. The generation that grew up on the Stones music did not take the lyrics seriously, and neither does most of current generation take rap lyrics seriously.
These lines are an accurate depiction of historic reality.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks he started the physical altercation by grabbing her right wrist?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
These lines are an accurate depiction of historic reality.
And some rap lyrics are actually based on events lived by the rappers.

To all the teachers that told me
I'd never amount to nothin', to all the people that lived above the
buildings that I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on
me when I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughter.

----------Biggie's Juicy

Manson took Helter Skelter in a completely wrong direction. My point is, the musicians, lyrics, or a certain genre of music cannot be blamed for wrong doing.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks he started the physical altercation by grabbing her right wrist?
I agree with you. Although she had raised her fist in in a threatening manner, no reasonable man, in my opinion, would have felt threatened by this obviously weaker smaller woman.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And some rap lyrics are actually based on events lived by the rappers.

To all the teachers that told me
I'd never amount to nothin', to all the people that lived above the
buildings that I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on
me when I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughter.

----------Biggie's Juicy

Manson took Helter Skelter in a completely wrong direction. My point is, the musicians, lyrics, or a certain genre of music cannot be blamed for wrong doing.
when you're ignorance get the best of you anything is possible.
Does the football guy listen to rap, maybe he likes classic rock.
again this tells a lot about the person that suggest it
Some people have been listening to "rap" for 40 yrs and haven't shot a cop, robbed a bank, raped a woman, sold or USED a drug... but just enjoyed storytelling like what Gordon Lightfoot does

Reaction Score
Truly sad & unfortunate situation. I had not heard about.
Johnson's lawyer is claiming he yell a racial slur and kneed him in the groin before he retaliated. None of his changes my opinion of Johnson's actions.
Changes mine.

Reaction Score
Totally agree with pinotbear's post above, and would be hard pressed to ever justify hitting a woman. BUT, I suspect some words did pass between them and his punch had better have been pulled because she was only slightly staggered and as she regained her balance the first thing she did was fix her hair. (Hi THC)

Reaction Score
Totally agree with pinotbear's post above, and would be hard pressed to ever justify hitting a woman. BUT, I suspect some words did pass between them and his punch had better have been pulled because she was only slightly staggered and as she regained her balance the first thing she did was fix her hair. (Hi THC)
Hilarious!

Reaction Score
This video is all over social media, generating lots of discussion. Since it is sports related, I was wondering what Boneyarders had to say.

Stay out of the freakin' bars and ignore the drunks if you go.

Too bad but you can't win if you hit a woman.

Reaction Score
Stay out of the freakin' bars and ignore the drunks if you go.

Too bad but you can't win if you hit a woman.
You might have to explain to me what you hope to win by hitting a woman because for the life of me, I can't think of anything.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This video is all over social media, generating lots of discussion. Since it is sports related, I was wondering what Boneyarders had to say.

Since others are commenting, let me throw my two cents in.........

Bottom line (as Mike Golic said on his ESPN morning radio show) just walk away.

John was wrong in every way.

1. He should not have been in that bar in the first place (he's under age)

2. HE initiated the contact with the woman. HE bumped into her, then disrespected her by not issuing an apology.

3. He grabs her arms (that's a battery). So naturally she begins to try an fend him off of her. He's fair game at that point.

4. Yes, she throws a punch at him. It's said she tried to knee him in his groin area (while he's still got her in his grasp), and used some racial epithets. Well guess what, most people retaliate when you assault them.

You open yourself up for that when you grab a woman (that you don't know) in a bar (or anywhere else) like that. That doesn't give you a green light to slug her.

5. Being a high profile athlete he should have known better (he does now) than to put himself in that position. He represents the school and the football team. If the guy sitting next to her had done that, it would not have been newsworthy, and we never would have heard about it.

Being at that bar was NOT worth losing his scholarship, getting kicked out of school, and having to endure the embarrassment that it caused. HE is responsible for EVERYTHING that happened.

He didn't know it at the time, but everyone in the bar did not know who he was (or cared), and not everyone was impressed with his limited (or imagined) celebrity.

EVERYTHING that happened in that bar was by his own hand(s). Hopefully he has learned a lesson that he will remember rest of his life.

6. FSU has learned it's lesson, thanks to Jameis Winston. They did not want to ride THAT merry-go-round again. Cut him loose, and you don't have to answer any questions, or make any excuses.......period! That's my take. agree with it or not.

The NFL is taking a zero tolerance stance on domestic violence. Get arrested, get cut. It's that simple. Colleges should follow suite.

7. Real men don't hit women.......period!!!! FSU is better off without him. I hope he gets some jail time, even if it's a minimum sentence. He committed an act of assault & battery.

The piper must be paid. No community service, no written apologies, no plea deals......jail time.

What if that was YOUR daughter that he assaulted. How would YOU feel about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom