OT-Crocodile Mothers | The Boneyard

OT-Crocodile Mothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm excited to say that I've written a novel entitled "Crocodile Mothers Eat Their Young" that will be published and available for purchase from Amazon and in e-book formats in the near future. It is not self-published, to the extent that makes the effort more credible. It's the first of my three novels to be contracted to a publisher.

The title comes from an actual conversation with a foster child of mine. The novel deals with the struggle of two sisters to overcome years of sexual, physical and psychological abuse, while contending with life in foster care and sorting out their relationship with both their biological family and one set of foster parents with whom they have bonded. While fiction, the story draws heavily from my experience as a foster father.

I'm publishing under the pen name - no, not Fishy - Avi Morris, a name with some relevance within my family. I have a partially constructed web-site, www.avimorrisnovels.com, awaiting the go ahead to add excerpts and purchase information. My ugly mug is on there for the world to see. For anyone interested, I'm going to indicate when the novel is available and direct you to the website for purchase info.

Reaction Score
I'm excited to say that I've written a novel entitled "Crocodile Mothers Eat Their Young" that will be published and available for purchase from Amazon and in e-book formats in the near future. It is not self-published, to the extent that makes the effort more credible. It's the first of my three novels to be contracted to a publisher.

The title comes from an actual conversation with a foster child of mine. The novel deals with the struggle of two sisters to overcome years of s e xual, physical and psychological abuse, while contending with life in foster care and sorting out their relationship with both their biological family and one set of foster parents with whom they have bonded. While fiction, the story draws heavily from my experience as a foster father.

I'm publishing under the pen name - no, not Fishy - Avi Morris, a name with some relevance within my family. I have a partially constructed web-site, www.avimorrisnovels.com, awaiting the go ahead to add excerpts and purchase information. My ugly mug is on there for the world to see. For anyone interested, I'm going to indicate when the novel is available and direct you to the website for purchase info.

Awesome! Good for you! Keep us posted. I think many here would like more info, and it is such an important subject. Great to see you have done society a great service by being a foster father. Thank you. Best of luck!

P.S. Nice to see the "ugly mug" of a fellow 'Yarder on here.;)

Reaction Score
Putting faces to names always is funny. Ive met a few yarders over the years and I have to admit "Avi Morris" is the most normal looking one of them.

And a great poster to boot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congrats! I'm sure it was a ton of work writing and revising as well as finding and dealing with a publisher.

I think many people dream of writing a novel. Few begin the process and far fewer make it all the way through. Nice job. I wish you the best with it.

Reaction Score
Congrats. If someone is looking for a topic, there is a best seller waiting to happen by interviewing 100 people from the Boneyard. Using a fictional name and not their BY screen name, to get the real back story on the people who frequent here.....? No one would believe it.

I'm only half kidding on this idea. "It's gold Jerry, gold!"

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Congrats. If someone is looking for a topic, there is a best seller waiting to happen by interviewing 100 people from the Boneyard. Using a fictional name and not their BY screen name, to get the real back story on the people who frequent here.....? No one would believe it.

I'm only half kidding on this idea. "It's gold Jerry, gold!"
I modeled several of the characters in the novel after BYrs, especially the ones I have on ignore.;)

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Good luck from a fellow foster and adoptive parent parent.

Link leads me to a blank page. (unless you are very white & rectangular)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Good luck from a fellow foster and adoptive parent parent.

Link leads me to a blank page. (unless you are very white & rectangular)

Greetings. I hope there are things in the novel that you agree are realistic. One of my goals is to give folks an idea about the lives of kids in foster care - not that I'm knowledgeable across the board - and them having to live with the foster care bureaucracy. We haven't adopted, but we have relationships with some of the kids that have extended well into their adulthood.

I'm not sure about the web page. Based on comments from others, there hasn't been a general problem. Once when I signed in, my photo was blank, but showed up after several seconds. The text hasn't been a problem. I appreciate you telling me because I need to know of issues that might need to be reported to my web host.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I had 3 foster kids. All long term, the last adopted. I cold tell you horror stories about DCF with each kid. One actually received a financial settlement from a big lawsuit. I think/hope they have improved. But I'm glad you are shining a light on these kids.

Reaction Score
Worked at the Children's Center in Hamden for a short spell. Some kids stories are horrific concerning not only foster parenting but their own. Problem is their voices are silent and their paths practically set. Even worse none of them asked for their consequences, they are true victims.

I hope your book educates the readers as these kids need to be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom