OT: College football | The Boneyard

OT: College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
We're fooling around with various topics while we twiddle away pre-pre-season.
So how about who you'd like to see in the national championship game.
Personally, I'm real tired of Alabama.
Will a team emerge out of the ACC? Florida State just put a huge hurting on Maryland.
Or Clemson, who already beat Georgia?
Do you vote for Urban Meyer, whose squad may go 2 years undefeated?
Will a worthy team emerge from the Big 12?
Stanford or Oregon?

My preference is for Oregon at the big dance, an exciting bunch that we back east don't much see.
A match-up with Clemson would be a big change from recent years.

So what's your hope...or realistic prediction?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Clemson vs Oregon/Stanford or Louisville....

or

Florida State vs Oregon/Stanford or Louisville.

Thats my hope...

I think it will end up being Alabama vs either Ohio State or Florida State.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I have a pretty good idea of one team that won't be playing much in the post-season, let alone for any big championship.:rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I guess I wouldnt mind a Miami vs Oregon/Stanford/Louisville championship game either

I have a pretty good idea of one team that won't be playing much in the post-season, let alone for any big championship.:rolleyes:

I got a pretty good idea of another team who won't as well :(

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Oregon could do it this time. They have a puncher's chance, and Bama have up some offense against both Va Tech (yards more than points) and Texas A&M.

Otherwise, Ohio Sfate has an SEC kind of coach, and hell, maybe Oklahoma will find their way back to a title shot. Vomit.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Personally, I'm so sick of this SEC is the best conference b-sh#t. Apart from their top 2 or 3 teams, the rest are mediocre.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I also want some other team to win it other than Alabama. I will say as for the SEC #6 ranked Georgia had to go into OT to beat Tennessee.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I also want some other team to win it other than Alabama. I will say as for the SEC #6 ranked Georgia had to go into OT to beat Tennessee.

Was watching on TV, fairly neutral in rooting. My cousin and his family are Georgia fans, so I'm sure they are happy (as he says, his heart is at (Georgia) Tech, his alma mater, but Georgia got all of his money, 2 sons, daughter in law and grandson).

Rutgers also went to OT to beat SMU, missed the ending we were watching on tape and the tape ran out just before the end.

Some of the other games we have been watching are exciting, I can't say who I want in the National Championship Game. I don't really like Oregon, am done with SEC teams (except South Carolina, I like Spurier), don't like but am afraid of Ohio State.

I think as long as RU and UofA make bowl games, I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
I expect Alabama and Oregon to run the table and play in the championship game.

Like most folks, I'm tired of Alabama. Ohio State has only one ranked team left on
it's schedule (a not that great Michigan team), so they won't garner enough points
in the BCS.

Maybe the winner of Clemson v. FSU will go if they win out.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
college football is exciting... the Ducks look good but I think they have a few injuries as does the Bulldogs after today's game.

I like 'bama and LSU, I wish someone would knock "Mr Autograph" on his a**

Reaction Score
Go to UConn football games. We need large crowds all the time. Compared to the rest of the AAC, only we appeal to the ACC AND the B1G.

Reaction Score
Go to UConn football games. We need large crowds all the time. Compared to the rest of the AAC, only we appeal to the ACC AND the B1G.

What makes you think UConn appeals to the B1G? UConn is not a member of the AAU and
it's football program is pretty dreadful.

I think we have to get used to the idea that UConn is stuck in the AAC for the forseeable future.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
TV sets appeal to the B1G. CT has tremendous market set numbers.

Reaction Score
TV sets appeal to the B1G. CT has tremendous market set numbers.

Ice - you continue to try to convince yourself that the B1G will come calling one day.

Of course I would be thrilled if they did, but I think there is no chance of that happening.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, I am less sure of that now than before but the reason they would is money and only money and that means TV sets. CT has those by the basket full.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I began this 3 weeks ago, and fortunes have changed a bit. We HAVE found out that Auburn & LSU may have a chance against the Tide.
That Louisville is out now.
That Florida State has surprised, with the next match-up is undefeated Miami.
Texas Tech & Mizz finally lost.

Will Ohio State sneak in?

I'd still like Oregon, but the BCS has them 3rd. Best thing is that Alabama LOSES.

What say ye?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Oregon's SOS over the remainder of the season will trump FSU. OSU only sneaks in if the others lose a game.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Oregon's SOS over the remainder of the season will trump FSU. OSU only sneaks in if the others lose a game.

For no explainable reason, I'm thinking Fl St is the one more likely to beat the Tide.

Reaction Score
I th
For no explainable reason, I'm thinking Fl St is the one more likely to beat the Tide.
I also believe FSU has the best chance of defeating Alabama. Both Jimbo Fisher and Jeremy Pruitt (the Defensive Coordinator) coached under Nick Saban, so they know how he thinks. The Seminoles are really talented this year and Jameis Winston just has something about him that is truly special. I think he is the best freshman to play college football since Herschel Walker. I can't wait to see how the season plays out.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I guess I wouldnt mind a Miami vs Oregon/Stanford/Louisville championship game either

I got a pretty good idea of another team who won't as well :(

From what I read the Dukies are having an extraordinary season.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
When this thread was rolling, NOBODY conceived of Baylor. Before the OK game, they had worked their way up to #6. Now with Oregon done in by Stanford (like last year), I would not be surprised if they jump to #2. If they win out, their SOS should carry them above Fl St & Ohio St.

Agreed?

Reaction Score
When this thread was rolling, NOBODY conceived of Baylor. Before the OK game, they had worked their way up to #6. Now with Oregon done in by Stanford (like last year), I would not be surprised if they jump to #2. If they win out, their SOS should carry them above Fl St & Ohio St.

Agreed?
Disagree. I believe Alabama and FSU will stay 1 & 2 if they win out. If Bama loses, FSU will be 1 and it should be interesting to see who will be #2. I don't think any school can move to the top spot without the Tide losing a game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
From what I read the Dukies are having an extraordinary season.

Now 7-2 ..... first winning season since 1994

Agreed?

I think Baylor will lose to either OK State or Texas... perhaps both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom