OT: Chase Utley | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Chase Utley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Philly is a cesspool, the sports teams are all known for either dirty play (Flyers), jackwagon drunkard law-breaking fans (Eagles), jackwagon players (Phillies, especially the 1993 vintage, if not Utley), and tanking (76ers).

For #$%@5@s sake, you have a jail in the Eagles stadium for 2 iterations - all i need to know!

Yes, you're right, Philly is no Hartford or Bridgeport. :)

Reaction Score
It's time to penalize them for these terrible slides. He's out, automatic double play and if there's runners anywhere else that advanced they go back to their original bases. You lose a run for your idiotic attempt at breaking up the double play and ruin a rally. Makes them more careful and think twice and yes, it IS reviewable.

Reaction Score
It's time to penalize them for these terrible slides. He's out, automatic double play and if there's runners anywhere else that advanced they go back to their original bases. You lose a run for your idiotic attempt at breaking up the double play and ruin a rally. Makes them more careful and think twice and yes, it IS reviewable.

Rewrite the rule. Require that the runner must end up within reach of the bag, otherwise it's an automatic double play.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
nydn.CoverContent

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yes, you're right, Philly is no Hartford or Bridgeport. :)
they don't have a jail at Harbor Yard, the XL, or the Rent. foo philly! (Can't put f'u' due to nannying here)

Reaction Score
Rewrite the rule. Require that the runner must end up within reach of the bag, otherwise it's an automatic double play.

I know in high school and college any slide has to be through the bag, otherwise its inference, and the same may apply if some if not all minor leagues. Just make the rule universal by doing the same in MLB. Plus, throw in if the slide is off to either side of the bag and it is done with intent to make contact with the SS or 2B (a late slide, a high slide, etc. - all of which applied to Utley), then its a double play and the idiot sliding gets a one-way ticket to the showers.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He came as a PH last night and I swore he crushed it. But it landed softly into Grandy's glove. Imagine if he did tie the game up? Wow.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He came as a PH last night and I swore he crushed it. But it landed softly into Grandy's glove. Imagine if he did tie the game up? Wow.

Made the analogy on twitter to Jamelle Horne's 3 at the end of the Arizona game a few years ago. Thought that ball was gone.

Reaction Score

That was discussed this morning on one of the Philly sportstalk radio shows, lot of people thought that ball would have gone out 4 or 5 years ago, but Utley is a shadow of the player that he used to be.

Reaction Score
Philly is a cesspool, the sports teams are all known for either dirty play (Flyers), jackwagon drunkard law-breaking fans (Eagles), jackwagon players (Phillies, especially the 1993 vintage, if not Utley), and tanking (76ers).

For #$%@5@s sake, you have a jail in the Eagles stadium for 2 iterations - all i need to know!

They have good cheesesteaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak