OT - Can we throw Witchita St an AAC invite.... | The Boneyard

OT - Can we throw Witchita St an AAC invite....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't care what kind of football team they have, we need their B-Ball team with loss of L'Ville.

The MVC is awful this year but they could go undefeated until the NCAA.

Reaction Score
In the event we get screwed by becoming a permanent part of the AAC, I wouldn't be opposed to adding schools such as Wichita State, Saint Louis, and VCU to strengthen basketball and have 12 for football and 14 for basketball.

Reaction Score
Little bit off topic but after watching them a few times I'm really not sold on them at all. They remind me of a less talented version of the 2003-2004 St. Joe's team that ran the regular season table. We'll see come tourney time, and there's obviously a chance they lose before then (to their credit they're taking everyone's best shot), but I just don't see them making a deep run in March. More appropriately ranked from 15-20 in my opinion but I can't fault them for winning so far.

Would I mind having them in the AAC this year though? No, no I would not.

Reaction Score
What happens when bigger name programs come calling for their coach.

Reaction Score
Why not as a basketball only.
It's not like the AAC isn't Just a holding place without long range objectives..
Viewing it in the context of the old Big East is a false dichotomy .
These are marriages until something better comes along.

I like VCU because they are more Eastern.we have enough long trips plus Richmond is close enough to the DC market to anger Georgetown.
A UConn VCU game in DC would be interesting.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Little bit off topic but after watching them a few times I'm really not sold on them at all. They remind me of a less talented version of the 2003-2004 St. Joe's team that ran the regular season table. We'll see come tourney time, and there's obviously a chance they lose before then (to their credit they're taking everyone's best shot), but I just don't see them making a deep run in March. More appropriately ranked from 15-20 in my opinion but I can't fault them for winning so far.

Would I mind having them in the AAC this year though? No, no I would not.
All these years later and people still want to undersell that St. Joe's team. They won about every game and came a buzzer beater from the Final Four. Two NBA guards in the back court. They were really good.
I'm happy for Wichita because I feel like their Final Four didn't get the credit it deserved. Pre-Butler it would've been a bigger thing, but it sort of felt like a mid-major going that far was no big deal all the sudden.

Reaction Score
We should invite FAU. They are the only G5 football program that secured a ESPN Top 300 recruit, some running back.

Reaction Score
Wichita state is such a wimp school. People think they're that good but they're in one of the worst conferences I've ever seen. All they care about is getting the automatic bid to the tourney so they can make their "magical run". Please bring 'em to the AAC so they go 15-15 and realize what tougher conference competition is...

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Wichita state is such a wimp school. People think they're that good but they're in one of the worst conferences I've ever seen. All they care about is getting the automatic bid to the tourney so they can make their "magical run". Please bring 'em to the AAC so they go 15-15 and realize what tougher conference competition is...
Four sentences, each one more nonsensical than the last.

Reaction Score
Heard their coach on the Jim Rome Show a couple of weeks ago. Said they were in talks w/UConn for a home & home series.

eh...he's like a recruit throwing big names around to pump up his status.

Reaction Score
And service academies, let's add service academies. All of 'em.

UConn vs the Merchant Marine Academy on a container ship passing through the Panama Canal would be very interesting.
I get that Wichita coming to AAC is a reactionary idea but we need to replace Louisville. The football side of the AAC is actually looking half decent & the new additions enhance football, not basketball.

We are looking at a B-ball conf of UConn, Memphis and Cincy and not much else. SMU drops back when L Brown leaves, Temple is a mess with history, Fla schools are ? & Tulane, Tulsa, E Carolina add nothing B-ball wise. Not a pretty picture if the AAC is UConn's home for the forseeable future. OOC will need to be killer and void of cupcakes as we'll have plenty of those in AAC and the conference rpi will be in the double digits

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They would do OK in the AAC. And the rest of their Olympic Sports are strong.

Might want to consider adding them to offset Navy's football only membership.

Reaction Score
why don't we just go ahead and add Tulane then.... oh wait.....

Reaction Score
why don't we just go ahead and add Tulane then.... oh wait.....

Your point being?
tulane2.jpg

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I wouldn't even consider it until Navy is in the conference playing games...

Reaction Score
I can not believe there are people still clamoring to add BBall only schools

Reaction Score
I can not believe there are people still clamoring to add BBall only schools
It can be a School that plays F-Ball but needs to good in B-Ball. Have you seen what the AAC B-ball conf looks like next year....the additions in football are negatives in B-Ball. The Big10 is 3-4 years away, if ever...can we try and have a decent B-Ball conf in the mean time....not 3 good, 3 maybes and 6 never will be's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It can be a School that fields a F-Ball team but needs to good in B-Ball. Have you seen what the AAC B-ball conf looks like next year....the additions in football are negatives in B-Ball. The Big10 is at least 3-4 years away, if ever...can we try and have a decent B-Ball conf in the mean time....not 3 good, 3 maybes and 6 never will be's. Wichita St not going to happen but worth discussing a School that can add something to hoops.
They do not have a football team, not even a club one. They looked into reviving it, but decided against it. They are a Bball only school and adding a bball only school will never happen.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
They do not have a football team, not even a club one. They looked into reviving it, but decided against it. They are a Bball only school and adding a bball only school will never happen.

Yeah, it would be a proactive move resulting in a stronger conference...that would be too much like right for this conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom