OT- Bruce “Soup” Campbell RIP | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Bruce “Soup” Campbell RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Weaver had Owen Mahorn and Public had DT, Doward Tisdol. Remember Tisdol was very good, never seemed to get the recognition of the other great players of that time in the state. Those schools used to play in the old Capitol District Conference along with Bulckeley, Enfield, East Hartford. New Britain, NFA, Fitch and New London. Saint Bernards ?

I don't think St. Bernards was in the old CDC. I may be wrong. I remember the REAL OLD CDC. Bulkley, East Hartford, Weaver, HPHS, NFA, New London, Fitch, and New Britian. Later in the 70's Enfield did join. In the Southeastern part of the State, NFA, New London, Fitch, St. Bernards, Ledyard and Waterford formed the SAC.

Reaction Score
And in 78-79 UCONN beat Sly and URI to win the ECAC with Carr, Abro, LaVigne, Corny and McKay Etc. I was at that game. I'll never forget that feeling when that final buzzer sounded. We took on the Bowie and Louie show in the NCAA's that year.

That was the game that Al McGuire kept saying Corny was ready for the pros now.
I was also at that game. Got to meet McGuire and enberg I believe

Reaction Score
I was also at that game. Got to meet McGuire and enberg I believe

We got to the NH Colliseum just before gametime and bought eight tix right behind the URI bench ON THE FLOOR-thanks to a nice young lady in the ticket booth! Awesome game and a game that started UConns climb to greatness. Sly did say that if he was picking a college today, it would be UConn. I made sure my friends son and UConn recruit, Glenn Miller, saw that quote!

Reaction Score
Question for Husky South - I saw Dave Hicks play. My question - was Dom Perno on that team?
As YONICK has already posted Dave Hicks and Dom Perno were not on same Cross teams. I am pretty sure Perno played in mid-50's and Hicks played in 60-62 - or so.

Reaction Score
doc50b7e59b6c03c953203872.jpg

73-74 National Championship Team... Soup #21

Reaction Score
Fitch had a really nice team in '72; I was a sophomore; remember seeing them play (and lose) great games with Holy Cross (Tony Hanson) and HPHS (Tolliver).

They had a big guard, 6' 4" named Gerald Henderson. Georgetown came into look at him. He went to prep at Canterbury then to South Carolina State. Heard he did very well in FL real estate. My apologies to the OP, RIP Soup.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yes, no disrespect to the OPs intent; Soup's passing obviously taps into a great stream of memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom