OT - Brey's post-game quote | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Brey's post-game quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO ND doesn't have much of a chance without a Villanova-esque performance. They have to mix it up; I think they should try something really radical like a triangle and 2 on D. Jackson and Grant are both great perimeter defenders. Have them chase the UK shooters, ie Harrisons and Booker, across all of Cleveland. Then, pack the paint and get physical. Even then, if Lyles and Towns are hitting the 15 footers, you still don't have a chance. If UK goes small with a Harrison or Booker at the 3, play them straight up man and pray to every deity under the sun. There's really no formula on offense; ball screen for the open 3s and pray you go bonkers. I'd be surprised if they can score a dozen points in the paint. Simply not enough size to run half court offense thru the paint. I really want to see an ND win, but the Final Four is gonna be UK's true test.

Reaction Score
I have watched a lot of Kentucky all year long. Last night WVU was overmatched everywhere and talked before the game so all the youngsters got focused and it was easy for Calisleazy to get them focused. The guards and 3 are not dominant on Kentucky over ND. Clearly its the 4/5 or the 2-5s that kill you. Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Arizona, Duke are all on the road to the final that will give them a tough match. I am not sold on ND but this is a really good ND squad. Wisconsin who I dont like will give them a tough match. If Az can actually have all their players bring their A game at the same time they could give them a tough match. I think Duke/Kentucky final would be great because I think Okafor is better than Towns and there have been few reasons for Okafor to want to play his best. Playing against his competition for the number one pick in the draft will be as real as it gets. They also played a tougher schedule then Kentucky. In the end, I just want Kentucky to lose and I dont care how it happens.

Reaction Score
Would this be a bigger upset than the Lake Placid 1980 US Hockey Team win?

No. The Soviet hockey team of that era was arguably the best team in the world. They were taking on and beating NHL teams, regular and all-star.

I think it was Ken Dryden, the former Canadiens goalie and color commentator on the game, who equated that win to a bunch of college all-stars beating the Pittsburgh Steelers (who had just won their 2nd straight Super Bowl and 4th in 6 years).

An ND win would not equate to that. Kentucky is good, but they are not the best team in the world.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't get on board with this "root for Duke over Kentucky" thing. It's madness. So an all-star team of draft picks get together to kick it in Lexington for a year and steamroll college basketball. Big deal. Everyone knows the story with that program and their recruiting success. It's a reality in this moment but in a year or two or three he's going to take his act down the road and Kentucky will be back to just another SEC program. I would much prefer this absurd team he has win than have Duke win number 5. No thanks.

Reaction Score
I can't get on board with this "root for Duke over Kentucky" thing. It's madness. So an all-star team of draft picks get together to kick it in Lexington for a year and steamroll college basketball. Big deal. Everyone knows the story with that program and their recruiting success. It's a reality in this moment but in a year or two or three he's going to take his act down the road and Kentucky will be back to just another SEC program. I would much prefer this absurd team he has win than have Duke win number 5. No thanks.

This is my take as well. It'll be annoying if either of them win but if Kentucky wins it doesn't really change much for us. They are still going to get any recruit they want. Duke winning means a lot more for their program with #5 and widens the gap with Calhoun.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is something JC would say and I expect KO would also
Christ, any coach worth anything would say it
However, with their depth and length, Kensucky would need to get into severe foul trouble, shoot less that 30% from over 5 feet from the hole and ND shoots 70% or greater from the outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom