ot: breaking bad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ot: breaking bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For people like me who haven't yet seen the show please add SPOILER before you type so that I can avoid reading any further.
RELAX, I did not reveal anything about the plot simply the existence of a character in one episode. That said, I'd warn you that to reduce aerodynamic lift you should be careful to never use power tools around ATMs.

Reaction Score
I think they are equaly good shows. And I was hesitant to watch Breaking Bad as I'm a scinetist and thought the premise was BS. My husband dragged me kicking and screaming to the first season a couple of years ago and I was hooked. Love Mad Men too, and this season has been very different . However I can not stand Meghan. I literally get agitated everytime she's on the screen. I think Don is a bastard but her I just want to punch her in the face.
Wow, my wife likes her and the way she stands up to Don and won't let him get away with avoidance or ignoring problems. Most folks that don't like Megan are pro-Don and dislike her for the anti-Don Juan effects. Overall I think she worked with the 'new Don' this past season although I'm definitely less interested in where her character goes next, only care about her with respect to Don. I definitely enjoyed her interaction and understanding of the divorce/children dynamics and think she does a good job of balancing all of that.

I always found Betty pretty interesting in the past and that JJones was good in that role mostly because it required her to simply be pretty and repressed. Liking that less now that she's less a part of Don's life and still stuck in emotional infancy although that's certainly a relevant dynamic post-divorce.

Reaction Score
Do people really hold Sons of Anarchy in that regard? I know it gets good ratings but imo Justified is a much better show on its own network. The writing and acting trounces SOA's. Boardwalk Empire is also much better imo, and even though its only had one season so far Homeland as well, SOA will never have anything approaching Claire Dane's performance in season 1.

Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men----generally considered the best 3 cable dramas currently in production.

HBO created some great drama series -- Sopranos and The Wire are among the best. They've got 4 now that are very good--Game of Thrones, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire and Treme. They almost justify the price by themselves.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I haven't seen the latest season of Sons yet but I'v been very pleased with this show. I can't wait until Netflix gets the fourth season.

Reaction Score
Wow, my wife likes her and the way she stands up to Don and won't let him get away with avoidance or ignoring problems. Most folks that don't like Megan are pro-Don and dislike her for the anti-Don Juan effects. Overall I think she worked with the 'new Don' this past season although I'm definitely less interested in where her character goes next, only care about her with respect to Don. I definitely enjoyed her interaction and understanding of the divorce/children dynamics and think she does a good job of balancing all of that.

I always found Betty pretty interesting in the past and that JJones was good in that role mostly because it required her to simply be pretty and repressed. Liking that less now that she's less a part of Don's life and still stuck in emotional infancy although that's certainly a relevant dynamic post-divorce.
I can't really explain my Meghan thing, she just annoys the hell out of me. Maybe it's the "kinder, gentler" Don I don't like...I should get therapy. :p

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the latest season of Sons yet but I'v been very pleased with this show. I can't wait until Netflix gets the fourth season.

I'm still a fan of the show even though I don't think they've been able to match the 2nd season, I just don't think it's on that tier 1 level of shows.

Reaction Score
Do people really hold Sons of Anarchy in that regard? I know it gets good ratings but imo Justified is a much better show on its own network. The writing and acting trounces SOA's. Boardwalk Empire is also much better imo, and even though its only had one season so far Homeland as well, SOA will never have anything approaching Claire Dane's performance in season 1.

I'm with you on this one. I watch Sons of Anarchy and generally enjoy it, but it's not in the same league as Breaking Bad & Mad Men. I would add Game of Thrones & Boardwalk Empire to my list of top shows on right now.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'm still a fan of the show even though I don't think they've been able to match the 2nd season, I just don't think it's on that tier 1 level of shows.

I gotta admit the last episode of season 2 was epic. By far my favorite episode of the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Just gets better and better. Best show on TV in my opinion.

Reaction Score
SAMCRO is fine, but they waste a lot of episodes to get to the end and there are a lot of No Fraking Way elements to it. Justified is hands down the best hour show on FX.

I am really looking forward to the new Sorkin show on HBO next week. SportsNight is one of my favorite comedies ever and West Wing one of my favorite dramas. I think working for HBO will be great for him, they care about quality more than ratings.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think they are equaly good shows. And I was hesitant to watch Breaking Bad as I'm a scinetist and thought the premise was BS. My husband dragged me kicking and screaming to the first season a couple of years ago and I was hooked. Love Mad Men too, and this season has been very different . However I can not stand Meghan. I literally get agitated everytime she's on the screen. I think Don is a bastard but her I just want to punch her in the face.

Didn't you love the "zoobie zoobie zoo" song (or whatever it was)?

(Spoiler alert if you aren't up to date, don't read further)......... FWIW, I thought that this year's Mad Men was fantastic, the best season yet. Lots of great stuff.....the fever dream, acid trip, jaguar not starting, Hare Krishna guy, and the great "look" to end the season. That last scene where he goes from the film shoot to the bar was another sort of interesting dream sequence. What will become of Peggy?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I hated the last scene in Mad Men!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I hated the last scene in Mad Men!

I didn't particularly like the feel of it, or like Don in it, but it was very well done. It looked to me that Megan has changed their basic "contract" and I'm not sure how long they will stay together, but that was the point of "the look."

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men----generally considered the best 3 cable dramas currently in production.

HBO created some great drama series -- Sopranos and The Wire are among the best. They've got 4 now that are very good--Game of Thrones, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire and Treme. They almost justify the price by themselves.

I hate Treme with a white hot passion. I think I hate it more than any other show HBO has ever done...until Sunday. I've seen two 'review' episodes of Newsroom and it is such a cluster duck* of awful that it defies description.

Reaction Score
I'm with you on this one. I watch Sons of Anarchy and generally enjoy it, but it's not in the same league as Breaking Bad & Mad Men. I would add Game of Thrones & Boardwalk Empire to my list of top shows on right now.

Those are my top 4 as well. My list is 1. Breaking Bad 2. Mad Men 3. Game of Thrones 4. Boardwalk Empire.

I've never seen Sons of Anarchy and have no interest in it. Before Breaking Bad, I considered The Wire to be the greatest tv drama in history, but I'm putting Breaking Bad above it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am really looking forward to the new Sorkin show on HBO next week. SportsNight is one of my favorite comedies ever and West Wing one of my favorite dramas. I think working for HBO will be great for him, they care about quality more than ratings.

It's terrible.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Really terrible.

Point and laugh at it terrible.

You'll hate it.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I've never seen Sons of Anarchy and have no interest in it. Before Breaking Bad, I considered The Wire to be the greatest tv drama in history, but I'm putting Breaking Bad above it.

That was my reaction to Sons of Anarchy . Peg Bundy and Hellboy carry the show with some superb acting. THe show is about some of the dumbest human beings walking the planet but somehow the train wreck works.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I was very hesitant about Sons until co workers put me on to it. Trust me, its a good show and it will definitely draw you in.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It only gets better. Seasons 3 and 4 are about equal. Gun to my head, I'd say 3 is a little better.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Just finished season 1 and half way through 2.

As of now I still prefer Mad Men and Sons.

And I must say, after reading this thread prior to watching this series, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just finished season 1 and half way through 2.

As of now I still prefer Mad Men and Sons.

And I must say, after reading this thread prior to watching this series, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Seasons 1 and 2 are really good, but they still pale in comparison to 3 and 4.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Season 4 comes to netflix streaming the 15th, same day as the new season.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hell yes. Just started watching on my computer; I bought season 4 on itunes a few weeks after it aired. Will have to save the last three episodes for TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom