OT - Blakeney decommits from Louisville | The Boneyard

OT - Blakeney decommits from Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I would say this hurts us because now Louisville is a more appealing option than it was before.

Agreed. Louisville was also part of Briscoe's top 7 as well before they got Donovan Mitchell. If UConn could back in, I don't see any reason that Louisville can't.

Reaction Score
I would say this hurts us because now Louisville is a more appealing option than it was before.
I think the original point was that Kentucky was also recruiting Briscoe and getting Blakeney would take them out, but you're right, now Louisville is back in so at best I see it as no change in the chances, and possibly puts us in a worse spot if Kentucky wasn't really after Briscoe that hard.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
So does this mean the check didn't clear from the Louisville booster club?

Reaction Score
Or he ventured outside the 5 block radius surrounding their arena...

I really have no idea how the city of Louisville gets good pub. I've been there multiple times. I find it very depressing. I do like the Seelbach hotel quite a bit, and I even spend all my time there just to avoid the rest of the city. Good jazz.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Louisville was also part of Briscoe's top 7 as well before they got Donovan Mitchell. If UConn could back in, I don't see any reason that Louisville can't.
If these shoe companies really matter, then I could see where Louisville wouldn't want to get involved with another top Nike kid, at least for this year.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Louisville is turning their attention to PJ Dozier now in the wake of Blakeney's de-commitment

I just find it funny how all these de-commits feel obligated to state that they are "still strongly considering" the school which they just flip flopped on, and they always claim that they made their decision "too fast"...seems like the universal de-commitment script if you ask me

Reaction Score
All i gotta say is, thank god we aren't UA or Adidas.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
This is what I find funny:

"Say there's a kid in the neighborhood who's a great flute player, and people helped drive the kid to flute lessons and gave him money to help him buy a flute…There's an infrastructure, a support system that helps make it happen. Say the flute player wants to go to one college, but the people who invested time and effort and money to help this person prefer somewhere else. What's the difference between that and basketball recruiting?"

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
If these shoe companies really matter, then I could see where Louisville wouldn't want to get involved with another top Nike kid, at least for this year.
So, what would happen if a kid decided -- like a kicker in football -- to wear two different style/brand shoes, a different one on each foot? Would they have to play part-time for two different schools?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This is what I find funny:

"Say there's a kid in the neighborhood who's a great flute player, and people helped drive the kid to flute lessons and gave him money to help him buy a flute…There's an infrastructure, a support system that helps make it happen. Say the flute player wants to go to one college, but the people who invested time and effort and money to help this person prefer somewhere else. What's the difference between that and basketball recruiting?"

I can see it now "I have decided to continue my dream of playing the flute at the University of Connecticut". I bleed Husky flute blue.

No, I don't think I would read the flute blog...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I can see it now "I have decided to continue my dream of playing the flute at the University of Connecticut". I bleed Husky flute blue.

That sounds painful.

Reaction Score
I don't think it helps at all with Brisco. Just a feeling and I want him really bad.

Reaction Score
I don't think it helps at all with Brisco. Just a feeling and I want him really bad.

Couldn't this help us with Newman though? If Blakeney ends up at UK (with Jaylen Brown possibly as well) then its unlikely Newman goes there. UK is probably our biggest competition for him.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not saying Nike didn't have something to do with it, but can I make wild speculation about Prince Ali in the reverse. I know let's start a rumor Nike was pissed that Adidas stole Ali from one of its prize schools to send to UCLA, so it orchestrated this whole thing to make UL and Adidas look weak with a higher rated Florida kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom