OT- BitCoins | The Boneyard

OT- BitCoins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone use them? Been thinking about about investing in them so Im prepared for when the U.S. dollar collapses and the global economy goes down the drain. ;)

But really, I hear you can make some good money trading/mining bit coins.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I had done some currency speculation in SchruteBucks, and Stanley Nickels, a while back.

I haven't been as successful in currency speculation as, say, George Soros, but, I still believe there is money to be made.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Now can you hold the bitcoins physically? I heard they have ATMs now bc if not then there's no point. I'd buy gold and silver

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Now can you hold the bitcoins physically? I heard they have ATMs now bc if not then there's no point. I'd buy gold and silver

No. There's no actual backing to bitcoin. That's one of the inherent flaws. It's an interesting speculation vehicle, but should not be used as a place to 'park' your savings.

Reaction Score
Can someone summarize Ihatethepants post describing Bitcoin. I'm years out of school and can't read (i.e. understand) all that Shot like I used to.

Reaction Score
It is a virtual currency. Basically every 10 minutes 50 "bitcoins" are thrown into the virtual world. Any computer can solve an algorithim, and whoever is the lucky one to solve that paticular code gets the bitcoins. As you would expect, it is a very competitive race to see who can solve the code (people spend tens of thousands of dollars on super computers who can solve algorithims very fast).

Right now 1 bitcoin is worth about $120 USD

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Its ripe for gaming and as a money laundry for drugs.

After the online Poker debacle with Howard Lederer and Jesus Ferguson you'd think people know better. Software built with peeps for admins and the pro owners. Moving assets off shore to facilitate a Madoff style Ponzi scheme. Then the shoe drops. The Winklevoss Twins? Give me some help here......

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
After the online Poker debacle with Howard Lederer and Jesus Ferguson you'd think people know better. Software built with peeps for admins and the pro owners. Moving assets off shore to facilitate a Madoff style Ponzi scheme. Then the shoe drops. The Winklevoss Twins? Give me some help here......

I'm lost here. I know that bitcoin was a savior for Argentinians when they implemented capital controls down there. That was the only way to get their money out of the Argentine pesos, which was being crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom