OT: AO at the half | The Boneyard

OT: AO at the half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
ESPN3, for whatever that is worth to you.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
ESPN3, for whatever that is worth to you.
Means I would have to get up off the couch and interrupt football viewing. Ain't happening

Reaction Score
well, he's rebounding. the 3-9 shooting performance indicates nothing has changed on the offensive end for him

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Okay.

Just close your eyes and picture Alex standing around last year looking relatively useless...and then picture that with Missouri uniform.

Then mutter to yourself, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".

Done? There endeth the Alex Oriakhi experience.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Okay.

Just close your eyes and picture Alex standing around last year looking relatively useless...and then picture that with Missouri uniform.

Then mutter to yourself, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".

Done? There endeth the Alex Oriakhi experience.
That's an insult to Jane!!!!

Reaction Score
is it wrong that I hope he fails? He helped deliver us a title, I get that and am forever thankful for it, but he was such an unlikable player on so many levels.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
is it wrong that I hope he fails? He helped deliver us a title, I get that and am forever thankful for it, but he was such an unlikable player on so many levels.
Yes it is wrong and two wrong don't make a right. I'm wrong with you. Actually I don't hate the kid or his dad. They are who they are. But after all the grief UConn went through last year, and the crapola they were given this year, as well as the crapola with the BE, it would be nice to see him be the same at Mizzou as he was at UConn last season.

Reaction Score
Yes it is wrong and two wrong don't make a right. I'm wrong with you. Actually I don't hate the kid or his dad. They are who they are. But after all the grief UConn went through last year, and the crapola they were given this year, as well as the crapola with the BE, it would be nice to see him be the same at Mizzou as he was at UConn last season.

I think that's where it's at actually... I will be downright pissed if AO somehow becomes a a double double guy and becomes a nba draft pick. I know from watching him play for three years that he is really not a great player. The lack of hands, the inability to finish, the countless weak lefty tosses at the hoop. I know it and saw it and screamed about it for three years. But if all of a sudden he becomes post season 2011 AO and sacks up, I'll be really angry.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think that's where it's at actually... I will be downright pissed if AO somehow becomes a a double double guy and becomes a nba draft pick. I know from watching him play for three years that he is really not a great player. The lack of hands, the inability to finish, the countless weak lefty tosses at the hoop. I know it and saw it and screamed about it for three years. But if all of a sudden he becomes post season 2011 AO and sacks up, I'll be really angry.
You saw the same weaknesses most of saw. And on defense he was a liability if his player went out to the perimeter. I would be shocked more than angry if he can fix these things. The only thing he was good at was rebounding on defense. But teams who made him move away from the interior reduced his only positive.

Reaction Score

So you're rooting for Roscoe to fail, right?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
So you're rooting for Roscoe to fail, right?
Nope. Roscoe left in a dignified manner. He didn't make his departure about the bb programs failings. Big difference between the way the two player acted while at UConn last season and the way they acted when they left the program.

Reaction Score
Nope. Roscoe left in a dignified manner. He didn't make his departure about the bb programs failings. Big difference between the way the two player acted while at UConn last season and the way they acted when they left the program.

First off, I don't see how there was any difference. Secondly, you're comparing a senior with one year left to a junior. I'm not around the program a lot, so I'm not going to speculate on how they "acted".

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
When it comes to Roscoe, the only person I'm really mad at is whoever it was that taught him how to read a clock.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
First off, I don't see how there was any difference. Secondly, you're comparing a senior with one year left to a junior. I'm not around the program a lot, so I'm not going to speculate on how they "acted".
Did you ever hear roscoe, his sister or father ripping Uconn in the media or social media? Now, ask yourself the same about AO's family. In the first case the answer is No, no & no. In the latter the answer is yes, yes, yes. That's the difference v

Reaction Score
Did you ever hear roscoe, his sister or father ripping Uconn in the media or social media? Now, ask yourself the same about AO's family. In the first case the answer is No, no & no. In the latter the answer is yes, yes, yes. That's the difference v

Alex said on twitter that his lack of playing time was "bs". If you think that's ripping the school then I have no idea what to tell you.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Alex said on twitter that his lack of playing time was "bs". If you think that's ripping the school then I have no idea what to tell you.
At minimum it's offensive to a hall of fame coach. His father and sister went dramatically further.

Reaction Score
At minimum it's offensive to a hall of fame coach. His father and sister went dramatically further.

Yeah, Calhoun seemed really disgusted with what he wrote. So disgusted that he played him for 26 minutes the next day.

Reaction Score

Fishy's "Tarzan-Jane" comment and fleudslipcon's response were bloody hilarious! :D And I'm with you about the Oriakhi family. At least Roscoe didn't run his mouth that I'm aware of. Alex may(?) be due some gratitude for helping get the NC. But whatever he did was totally outweighed by everything from the "bs" comment to his abandoning the program. When you look at the very long list of players who bled Husky blue(and still do), it makes Alex look like a very small 6-9 guy. Kevin Ollie said it best last night when, among other things, he talked about team and the name on the front of the jersey. Alex,Jamal and Roscoe never got that. Shame on them. They are missing more than they will ever know.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT VERMONT!!!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Yeah, Calhoun seemed really disgusted with what he wrote. So disgusted that he played him for 26 minutes the next day.
If you don't think there was a rift between Calhoun and AO and AO and a number of his teammates I don't know what to tell you. If you don't think there is a difference in the way Roscoe left the program and the way AO did i don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
If you don't think there was a big rift between Calhoun and AO and AO and a number of his teammates I don't know what to tell you. If you don't think there is a difference in the way Roscoe left the program and the way AO did i don't know what to tell you.

The problem I have is that there are a lot of people making a ton of assumptions. If you can find me a quote from any player or any coach saying that Oriakhi was disruptive or a beat writer saying that he created a big rift, then I'll give credence to what you're saying.

I remember Borges saying that it was Napier/Boatright that created the chemistry issues last year, not Oriakhi.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The problem I have is that there are a lot of people making a ton of assumptions. If you can find me a quote from any player or any coach saying that Oriakhi was disruptive or a beat writer saying that he created a big rift, then I'll give credence to what you're saying.

I remember Borges saying that it was Napier/Boatright that created the chemistry issues last year, not Oriakhi.
And magically they are still on the team while AO fled and his family ripped the program and Calhoun. Interesting hypothesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom