OT - Another one gone... Purdue Coach Danny Hope. | The Boneyard

OT - Another one gone... Purdue Coach Danny Hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tis the season...

GoldandBlack.com has learned that #Purdue coach Danny Hope has been fired.
3:52pm - 25 Nov 12

After 4 years 21-27 (12-19 B1G). 6-6 (3-5) this year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Purdue is so boring I had forgotten who their coach was.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Tis the season...

GoldandBlack.com has learned that #Purdue coach Danny Hope has been fired.
3:52pm - 25 Nov 12

After 4 years 21-27 (12-19 B1G). 6-6 (3-5) this year.
I'm hoping that it is the season, for UConn at least.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
do not show this to most on this board.........

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Has there been any coach fired this year after less than 3 seasons? And Hill doesn't count at Arkansas..

Bottom line...PP is here next year...all focus should be on whether there is enough discontent to make a change at OC. If I had to guess...there won't be a change there either. Logic being..."starting over in a new system at this point would reset the program again...it is best to continue on with our current path unless you want to start over again".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't notice how many schools waited until their regular season was over before making a move... why didn't Purdue, NCSU and Auburn wait so long!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Don't notice how many schools waited until their regular season was over before making a move... why didn't Purdue, NCSU and Auburn wait so long!

ncst said a couple weeks ago this was it. the auburn ad or pres forget which basically talked to the media about suporting the team and i will fix the mess. purdue was outa nowhere. so out of 3 bcs schools, 1 fired the guy in season and let him finish, 1 went to the media and 1 was quiet. so 2/3 of the schools went the path that i have been bitching about which is fire or talk. the one who didn't was purwho ...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How long was Dooley there?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ncst said a couple weeks ago this was it. the auburn ad or pres forget which basically talked to the media about suporting the team and i will fix the mess. purdue was outa nowhere. so out of 3 bcs schools, 1 fired the guy in season and let him finish, 1 went to the media and 1 was quiet. so 2/3 of the schools went the path that i have been bitching about which is fire or talk. the one who didn't was purwho ...

You do realize that you are talking about schools that made changes. UConn wasn't going to say anything because P wasn't getting fired at any point in the season. What don't you get about that?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You do realize that you are talking about schools that made changes. UConn wasn't going to say anything because P wasn't getting fired at any point in the season. What don't you get about that?

what i dont get about that is have u watched our offense this year? gdl needs to go, if p says its both or none then both need to go. thats may stance for sure let alone just cleaning house if warde feels its whats up.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
... don't forget Tennessee.

how could i? maybe i forget some becuase so many do it but we dont becuase we are small time. i want cool unis, i want charcoal grills and in cut up shirts in the front row. i want big time football. see how many fans are going nuts on CR lately? lets tell all of them to just go home and not give a as we are small time and have small penises. we sure make decisions liek that. sorry the rant is not a u medic...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
what i dont get about that is have u watched our offense this year? gdl needs to go, if p says its both or none then both need to go. thats may stance for sure let alone just cleaning house if warde feels its whats up.

I don't disagree with your stance. It isn't their stance. I don't know if they are going to force P to make a change. I don't think they will.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't disagree with your stance. It isn't their stance. I don't know if they are going to force P to make a change. I don't think they will.

i think i may rant real hard soon, between trying to watch this basketball game, the dog keeps licking the corner of my laptop and i just hate gdl. watch out!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i think i may rant real hard soon, between trying to watch this basketball game, the dog keeps licking the corner of my laptop and i just hate gdl. watch out!

I enjoy them and GDL is terrible, don't think you'll get much opposition.

Reaction Score
do not show this to most on this board.........

Not sure what this means. Just because many of us believe Coach P will not be fired doesn't mean we think he deserves another year. We are just being realistic. He is in his second year. Looks like Purdue's coach was let go after year 4.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Okay, but again, you are acting like people here don't want Coach P gone. We are simply stating that there is zero shot with his buyout and economic climate in this state for UCONN to send him on his way.

his buyout was completely possible to cover. i mapped it out. if warde hired KO at the start of the season for a 3 or 4 year deal, he could have got KO for 750k a year to 1 mil rising over the lenght with a 500k buyout after year 2. that would be extremely good value for a coach at this level. all that savings over the years easily covers any buyout for p and d and also the hire of a new coach and staff. thats how a ad should have thought and put 2 and 2 togetehr to help build and change this school. warde it all up and thats why i want blood. no vision, just jelly donuts and trips to a island with smiles. get some work done so that uconn can become something, susan is sing d's trying to get a invite somehwere warde, where are u?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's not the buyout. They weren't going to fire him after two seasons. I don't know why but that should be pretty clear by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom