OT: A silver lining | The Boneyard

OT: A silver lining

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
As many of you know, I lost my brother this past month. As devastating as that has been, we just learned this morning that his wife is pregnant, just about a month along. It breaks my heart that my nephew or niece will grow up not knowing their father, but knowing that there's a part of him that will continue to be in this world is an immense comfort for myself and my entire family.

Reaction Score
As many of you know, I lost my brother this past month. As devastating as that has been, we just learned this morning that his wife is pregnant, just about a month along. It breaks my heart that my nephew or niece will grow up not knowing their father, but knowing that there's a part of him that will continue to be in this world is an immense comfort for myself and my entire family.
I lost my brother almost 3 years ago. He was 48 years hold and died as we were playing golf. By far the worst day of my life. He has a daughter , now in her early 20's, who reminds me of him every time I see her. She is a blessing to me and our whole family. I am truly sorry about the loss of your brother. I hope the birth of his child gives you as much comfort as my niece gives me and my family.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You are a special person. May this child always give you and your family blessings.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing this good news, Joober! Congratulations on this new addition to your family. Hopefully, the new memories you will make with this child will ease the pain of your loss...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Joob let me offer my condolences again on your loss, but I am so happy that this happened for your sister-in-law and your whole family. I will keep you all, and especially your new addition, in my prayers.

Reaction Score
Joober I'm so sorry for your loss but this is a blessing, you will be reminded of your brother every time you are with your niece/nephew, my guess is you will be very involved in his/her life.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Thanks for the support everyone, and to ucjoet, you have my deepest condolences.

Reaction Score

My sisters husband passed away when my sister was 8 months pregnant. My nephew is almost 2 years old now and there's nothing better than seeing a little bit of his father in him. You'll be amazed at how much comfort that child will bring you. His/her father may not be there to see your niece or nephew grow up, but having an amazing family around him/her will provide all the love needed.

Reaction Score

joober, I was unaware, and was hoping for the best. I am so terribly sorry. Maybe, this news of a new addition to the family is the best. My brother-in-law unexpectedly died 5 years ago at the age of 41 and, at the time, left behind a 6 and 3 year old. They are the most wonderful representations of him! Every once in awhile, they will say or do something that will remind me of him. One even shares his laugh! It's these things that remind us that, while we die, something will always be passed on. And these things give us the greatest comfort.

My heart goes out to you, your family, and everyone who was touched by your brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom