OSU edges ND | The Boneyard

OSU edges ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I only tuned in for the last 4 seconds, but the ESPN app was showing Hidalgo on the sideline after the 1st quarter having a nose ring removed. Not sure how much time she missed, but that should have never happened. It’s not like it’s a new rule.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
BD4D695D-A245-4B77-8CB5-9AF797C0B7C4.jpeg

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
osu was horrific with giveaways, but played good defense (although citron and westbeld were tough) and shot pretty well. hidalgo was a no-show.

Reaction Score
osu was horrific with giveaways, but played good defense (although citron and westbeld were tough) and shot pretty well. hidalgo was a no-show.
Oregon State was much better than I expected. ND played well with only six athletes ready. Hidalgo had a bad day ( first all year I imagine ). But give credit to defense as well.

Reaction Score
Oregon State had a much better shooting percentage at both field goals and 3 pointers. They out-rebounded ND, 43-24.
They took 25 few shots than ND and still won the game. OSU played Hidalgo way better defensively than UConn. They let he get in deep and made her shoot over the two tall players. ND is like most teams and they didn't match up or at least have an advantage on the match ups.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
OSU was simply dreadful handling the ball...guards and bigs....but when they got a shot they shot well.
Hidalgo missed about 4 minutes with the nose ring...maybe a couple more during the game. Had an overall
poor game.

Reaction Score
Oregon State was much better than I expected. ND played well with only six athletes ready. Hidalgo had a bad day ( first all year I imagine ). But give credit to defense as well.
Oregon State was a much better team that their record projected. They were fighting for the lead in the Pac 12 and then Beers missed a number of games with a broken nose. The level of play in the Pac 12 certainly did not allow for any easy games and Oregon St Pac 12 schedule this season did them no favors. They alternate year by year the league team they play once or twice.

Reaction Score
ND only 5 to's and Ore St had 26 to's, but Ore st won the rebound war 43-24 to get the win over ND.
Notre Dame had 13 steals to OSU's one steal... a major contributor to the Turnover differential
of 26 for OSU and 5 for Notre Dame. BYW Hildalgo was 4 for 17! ( points early and late ). Hannah also took
a major STUFF job from Beers. Beers was #1 in the nation in Field Goal percentage during the regular
season ( per report of game announcer ).

Reaction Score
OSU was simply dreadful handling the ball...guards and bigs....but when they got a shot they shot well.
Hidalgo missed about 4 minutes with the nose ring...maybe a couple more during the game. Had an overall
poor game.
So... how could N.D. not possibly have missed the NOSE RING issue!

Reaction Score
Oregon State was a much better team that their record projected. They were fighting for the lead in the Pac 12 and then Beers missed a number of games with a broken nose. The level of play in the Pac 12 certainly did not allow for any easy games and Oregon St Pac 12 schedule this season did them no favors. They alternate year by year the league team they play once or twice.
I was extremely impressed with Oregon State.........if they had managed to cut down on sloppy turnovers, they would have won going away.........a very likable team and coach who finally has surpassed his bald Oregon competition........I'll be curious to see how they hold up against South Carolina.........cut down on those turnovers and who knows........

Reaction Score
There was a stretch for OSU where it was debatable if they would even get the ball past center court! Hard to believe they won with such weak ball handling and with such a turnover differential. Scott Rueck is one of the realy good coaches though! Definitely OK with the result but I did feel a bit sorry for Hidalgo who had a game similar to the Dee game against ND as a freshman. She (Hidalgo) is really a great player and has a very bright future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom