Osiecki gone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Osiecki gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
No your not. You said he quit on the team. I am assuming you are still in high school.

I didn't say quit on the team, but I did say he quit. Not sure why its upsetting you that I said quit.

Is it more politically correct to say resign? Retire didn't seem right.

What's the nice word to use when someone quits?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I didn't say quit on the team, but I did say he quit. Not sure why its upsetting you that I said quit.

Is it more politically correct to say resign? Retire didn't seem right.

What's the nice word to use when someone quits?
Because a college kid who busts his ass in practice day in and day out isn't a quitter because he wants to find a place to start.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Because a college kid who busts his ass in practice day in and day out isn't a quitter because he wants to find a place to start.

I'm confused. I didn't him a quitter. I didn't call him a murderer or pedofile or anything else you might imagine.

But I guess if you quit the team, that would make a quitter.

Again, what is the nice word to use when someone quits the team?

Unjoins? uncommitts? was Fordham his dream school and he and he dreamed?

Was he a unjoiner? Too negative? A dream schooler?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm confused. I didn't him a quitter. I didn't call him a murderer or pedofile or anything else you might imagine.

But I guess if you quit the team, that would make a quitter.

Again, what is the nice word to use when someone quits the team?

Unjoins? uncommitts?

Was he a unjoiner?
Transfer. Was that so hard now? Apparently it was since you have a hard enough time typing actual sentences.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Transfer. Was that so hard now? Apparently it was since you have a hard enough time typing actual sentences.

Don't you have to quit before you transfer?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
sdhusky, you aren't worth the 30 seconds additional time I'm giving you. But if you've ever left a job for a new opportunity, ever transferred schools, ever sought a better opportunity, then you are every bit the "quitter" that Nebrich was. At least own up to that much.

pj

Reaction Score
Don't you have to quit before you transfer?

How about "leave"? Journalists usually say "he left the team" -- "he will leave the team". "Quit" is a loaded word.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
How about "leave"? Journalists usually say "he left the team" -- "he will leave the team". "Quit" is a loaded word.

I'll buy that pj.

If someone leaves after the season, I'll make sure I use the word leave.

A month before the season? I'll stick with quit.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'll buy that pj.

If someone leaves after the season, I'll make sure I use the word leave.

A month before the season? I'll stick with quit.
Did it occur to you that maybe they told him he was 4th on the depth chart behind 2 guys that are the same year as him so he chose to transfer right away so as to maximize his playing time? Why would he waste this year sitting behind 3 guys and getting minimum reps with the scout team? Add to that the possibility that PP holds Cochran above him and it just didn't make sense for him to stick around. The reality of the situation is that Whitmer will likely start for 3 years giving Nebrich the chance to battle for the starting job as a RS Sr. Why on earth would he stay.

Being told you aren't good enough and quitting are not the same thing.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Did it occur to you that maybe they told him he was 4th on the depth chart behind 2 guys that are the same year as him so he chose to transfer right away so as to maximize his playing time? Why would he waste this year sitting behind 3 guys and getting minimum reps with the scout team? Add to that the possibility that PP holds Cochran above him and it just didn't make sense for him to stick around. The reality of the situation is that Whitmer will likely start for 3 years giving Nebrich the chance to battle for the starting job as a RS Sr. Why on earth would he stay.

Logic won't work against someone determined to be an , mets.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The way I see it the kid quit the team but didn't quit "ON" it.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Did it occur to you that maybe they told him he was 4th on the depth chart ...

Ok. He's not good enough to make it at this level and was overmatched.

Better?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

Better?
So while everyone says he was just squeezed out by the competition, you feel the need to make it seem like there is some shame in what he did.

Reaction Score
Back to original topic, I was very encouraged by Osiecki's performance in the spring game. I was sure he would surpass Frank on the depth chart this year. Somehow I can't shake the image of Frank getting trucked by Fordham's Brett Biestek in last seasons opener. Add to the fact that Osiecki looked like he would be much more of a threat than Frank after the catch, and I thought for sure we would we see a new starter. Hope he comes back.

Reaction Score
Back to original topic, I was very encouraged by Osiecki's performance in the spring game. I was sure he would surpass Frank on the depth chart this year. Somehow I can't shake the image of Frank getting trucked by Fordham's Brett Biestek in last seasons opener. Add to the fact that Osiecki looked like he would be much more of a threat than Frank after the catch, and I thought for sure we would we see a new starter. Hope he comes back.
I thought he played very well in the spring game as well. I don't think he was over-matched at all. Playing football at this level is a major commitment and some kids just need a time to re-assess. If he felt he needed a break, better he do it now than in the middle of the season. To criticize his motives without any basis in fact is just wrong.

I'll wish him well and hope he comes back, and leave it at that.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I thought he played very well in the spring game as well. I don't think he was over-matched at all. Playing football at this level is a major commitment and some kids just need a time to re-assess. If he felt he needed a break, better he do it now than in the middle of the season. To criticize his motives without any basis in fact is just wrong.

I'll wish him well and hope he comes back, and leave it at that.
Agreed. I was very encouraged by what I saw from him in the spring game. I think he could be a very solid contributor both at FB and ST. That worked out pretty well for Anthony Sherman.

Reaction Score
From what I can gather, I get the impression that Coach P is running a serious boot camp this year. I get the impression that these kids are being pushed to envelope, day in and day out, and I also think that from top to bottom vertically in the roster, the competition on teh field is much more physical and intense than in prior years. I've been crucified on that before, so I probably will here again too, but whatever.

The point is that when you go through something like this, what I believe these coaches are doing, if I'm correct, there always, ALWAYS comes a point in time where the individual gets a mental breakdown moment where they wonder if they should just do something else.

It's college football camp, were talking about and not BUD/S hell week, or something, but the way you build a warrior, is to first break them down and train them to think when they're physically, mentally and emotionally wiped out.

I wish the kid the best, and I hope he decides to come back.

Reaction Score

Better?

Was Zach F. a quitter at ND? Was he overmatched when he lead Uconn in to beat his former coach and the guy who beat him out at ND?

Cassell stayed at USC to sit the bench behind Leinert; would he have been a quitter to transfer? Made the NFL as a starter and the coaches choice Leinert is trying to latch on.

So Zach changed schools and it worked out for him in college (be a starter) while Cassell did not and he remained a backup his whole college career.

Kids make a lot of decisions, staying as a backup in a system that doesn't feature your strong points could be considered quitting on yourself while going out to unchartered territory at another school could be considered having belief in yourself.

Reaction Score
From what I can gather, I get the impression that Coach P is running a serious boot camp this year. I get the impression that these kids are being pushed to envelope, day in and day out, and I also think that from top to bottom vertically in the roster, the competition on teh field is much more physical and intense than in prior years. I've been crucified on that before, so I probably will here again too, but whatever.

The point is that when you go through something like this, what I believe these coaches are doing, if I'm correct, there always, ALWAYS comes a point in time where the individual gets a mental breakdown moment where they wonder if they should just do something else.

It's college football camp, were talking about and not BUD/S hell week, or something, but the way you build a warrior, is to first break them down and train them to think when they're physically, mentally and emotionally wiped out.

I wish the kid the best, and I hope he decides to come back.
Based on the yesterday's open practice I have to agree. The intensity just seemed up by everybody - coaches, players assistants.

Reaction Score
Having the intensity up like that at practice should, in turn, make gameday a bit easier... and, btw, this kid ain't gone yet ( according to what I read last night ). Let him take his coach approved mental break and come back stronger than ever.... 15 more days til gameday gentlemen.

Reaction Score
One of the neat things about something like Twitter, is that fans can interact with people. A few words of encouragment, from some unexpected source, really helps get young guys through something like a pretty intense training camp. All of youters, get on it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom