Ortiz breaks Harold Baines record of hits..... | The Boneyard

Ortiz breaks Harold Baines record of hits.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And he said this was how he has done it........

"I'm the kind of guy that just takes what they give me," he said.......

Probably regarding what he rubs on his knees in order to have gotten that swing back......LOL......;)

Reaction Score
If he had said ..."I'm the kind of guy that just takes what Miguel Tejada give me," --- now THAT would be a confession...

Reaction Score
You guys are too tough on Big Papi. Everything about his game has improved as he has aged. His walks to strikeouts, his speed on the base paths, his ability to hit lefthanders. Call me naive, but I'm believing that he has just dedicated himself to getting in better shape. In any event, who would you rather have, him or Arod?

Reaction Score
60s fan---you will not come across a more diehard fan of the Red Sox than me. Maybe as big a fan but not bigger.

And Ortiz is the only Sox in my life who comes close to matching my love of Yaz.....Ortiz is a leader, a GREAT hitter and one of greatest Sox ever and among the most clutch players I have ever seen on any team in any sport in my life.....and think he may be Cooperstown worthy when all is said and done. I know he gets my (admittedly biased) vote. We don't sign him and very likely that '1918' is still a valid chant.

All that said...I wish it were not so but I think he is as close to "no doubt he did it" without knowing for sure he did it that exists in the game...

Reaction Score
60s fan---you will not come across a more diehard fan of the Red Sox than me. Maybe as big a fan but not bigger.

And Ortiz is the only Sox in my life who comes close to matching my love of Yaz.....Ortiz is a leader, a GREAT hitter and one of greatest Sox ever and among the most clutch players I have ever seen on any team in any sport in my life.....and think he may be Cooperstown worthy when all is said and done. I know he gets my (admittedly biased) vote. We don't sign him and very likely that '1918' is still a valid chant.

All that said...I wish it were not so but I think he is as close to "no doubt he did it" without knowing for sure he did it that exists in the game...
We live in a great nation and one of its principles is that you are innocent until proven guilty. I believe in that. I think it would be far worse for an innocent Papi to be condemned than a guilty Papi to go free. I'm taking the higher road. Until someone can prove that he is a user, I'm a huge fan.

Reaction Score
We live in a great nation and one of its principles is that you are innocent until proven guilty. I believe in that. I think it would be far worse for an innocent Papi to be condemned than a guilty Papi to go free. I'm taking the higher road. Until someone can prove that he is a user, I'm a huge fan.

That standard applies to whether or not to lose your freedom, i.e. go to jail.

Not for anything else.

I am a huge fan of Ortiz regardless...

Reaction Score
He failed the 2003 test and when his name leaked, he confirmed his name was on the list. I don't know what else you guys need.

Reaction Score
I like Papi actually....good guy, has fun with the game....he's a user though and a no doubter!! No biggie though it is what it is!

And hell yeah would love him in pinstripes over ARod.......

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He failed the 2003 test and when his name leaked, he confirmed his name was on the list. I don't know what else you guys need.

Inconclusive doesn't mean fail. And so what? He's raking now.

Reaction Score
Inconclusive doesn't mean fail. And so what? He's raking now.

Sox glasses fit at all Waq.......he's guilty......couldn't even hit a 90MPH fastball until he started rubbing on his knees again.......but he does it better than anyone else and it works for him so good for you guys.......I'm sure there's guys on the Yanks doing it and batting .220 :confused:

Reaction Score
Sox glasses fit at all Waq.......he's guilty......couldn't even hit a 90MPH fastball until he started rubbing on his knees again.......but he does it better than anyone else and it works for him so good for you guys.......I'm sure there's guys on the Yanks doing it and batting .220 :confused:
Gosh, Mau, that was 10 years ago before the League got serious about testing. Isn't there some "reasonable doubt" about whether he continued to use? Until someone convinces me otherwise, I am believing that he is as clean as you.

Reaction Score
Gosh, Mau, that was 10 years ago before the League got serious about testing. Isn't there some "reasonable doubt" about whether he continued to use? Until someone convinces me otherwise, I am believing that he is as clean as you.

Okay and so is Chris Davis.......let's not be so naive 60's........;)

Reaction Score
Rub this

Was listening to the FAN yesterday and there was a discussion on why Ortiz gets a pass for using steroids. They mentioned he was named on the list of people using.

Reaction Score
Big talk about HOF too........these guys today said yes others aren't sure. I'm pretty sure baseball was made for guys who use a glove and can hit or pitch..........he's a great DH and if they want to put a room for DH's in then I say yes but there has to be an asterisk.........

And he's a cheater like McGuire and others they won't let in!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Was listening to the FAN yesterday and there was a discussion on why Ortiz gets a pass for using steroids. They mentioned he was named on the list of people using.

Oh, if he was on a list. What list is that?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And he's a cheater like McGuire and others they won't let in!

I still don't get how anyone who voted for Gaylord Perry can decide that an accused juicer doesn't rate.

Reaction Score
I still don't get how anyone who voted for Gaylord Perry can decide that an accused juicer doesn't rate.

Gaylord was a cheater, agreed. But heck they all get to lick their hands while on the mound too......always something. But the juicer's are by far the worst but it's part of the game now isn't it? There's 6 or 7 of them in a given game now......

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Gaylord was a cheater, agreed. But heck they all get to lick their hands while on the mound too......always something. But the juicer's are by far the worst but it's part of the game now isn't it? There's 6 or 7 of them in a given game now......

I have no problem with juicers. I don't see where it's morally wrong. What's the difference between juice and a cortizone shot?

Reaction Score
I have no problem with juicers. I don't see where it's morally wrong. What's the difference between juice and a cortizone shot?

You don't have a problem with it? But I'm sure you were one of the Sox fans screaming bloody murder and asking for rings back when it was known Pettite and Rocket were using......but it's fine now that we all know every championship team we both rooted for were loaded with cheaters? That's funny............

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You don't have a problem with it? But I'm sure you were one of the Sox fans screaming bloody murder and asking for rings back when it was known Pettite and Rocket were using......but it's fine now that we all know every championship team we both rooted for were loaded with cheaters? That's funny............

Nah, I hate the Yanks. But I've been consistant about hating the witch hunt. I was rooting for Rog to beat that bogus perjury rap.

Reaction Score
Nah, I hate the Yanks. But I've been consistant about hating the witch hunt. I was rooting for Rog to beat that bogus perjury rap.

Well I agree with you there.....none of these guys should be "convicted" of anything outside of baseball for sure, that's ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom