Oregon State | The Boneyard

Oregon State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I have watched them play a few times this year and they remind me so much of the old big east teams with their grittiness. I was thinking that they may upset Baylor then I went looking for their cumulative stats on the year which I found here: http://www.osubeavers.com/fls/30800/WBB/Stats/2015-16/teamcume.htm?DB_OEM_ID=30800 and I learned that they only average 67 points a game on the year. Does this surprise anyone else? I know they play very physical defense but is their defense so good that can get buy averaging that low PPG? If so, that is pretty impressive. I'm gonna try and watch their game vs ND from earlier in the year and see what more I can find out.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I have watched them play a few times this year and they remind me so much of the old big east teams with their grittiness. I was thinking that they may upset Baylor then I went looking for their cumulative stats on the year which I found here: http://www.osubeavers.com/fls/30800/WBB/Stats/2015-16/teamcume.htm?DB_OEM_ID=30800 and I learned that they only average 67 points a game on the year. Does this surprise anyone else? I know they play very physical defense but is their defense so good that can get buy averaging that low PPG? If so, that is pretty impressive. I'm gonna try and watch their game vs ND from earlier in the year and see what more I can find out.
Massey's rates their defense as #1 to our #2 - statistically we appear better, but perhaps his weighting of opponents changes the picture a little.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I agree that Oregon State has a legit shot at upsetting Baylor. Hamblin is big, can rebound and can score some. But their two guards can shoot it "lights out." Their defense is very good and disciplined.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I wasn't able to get the link to the Notre Dame vs Oregon State game on ESPN3. I seem to have trouble getting things that happened prior to the new year. I did watch both teams highlight videos though. Game looked to be pretty evenly matched from what I could surmise from the box scores, game quotes, and highlight videos. If Oregon State comes to play this one could go down to the wire.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I agree that Oregon State has a legit shot at upsetting Baylor. Hamblin is big, can rebound and can score some. But their two guards can shoot it "lights out." Their defense is very good and disciplined.

It's going to be critical for Oregon State to make this a half-court game, control the tempo, and avoid turnovers. Hamblin must have a huge game on the boards and avoid foul trouble. And I really think they'll need some scoring contributions from someone other than their big 3 of Weisner-Wiese-Hamblin.

Reaction Score
I admit I would prefer to play Oregon State but don't think they can beat Baylor. Baylor is a good team with plenty of fire power. Very good point guard to distribute the ball. I think OS is a bit slower and that might be there down fall. Should be a good game to watch and we will see who we get to play. Sorry for getting ahead of myself, we still have Texas ahead of us.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I am still gonna say Oregon State with the upset... going with my gut.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I wasn't able to get the link to the Notre Dame vs Oregon State game on ESPN3. I seem to have trouble getting things that happened prior to the new year. I did watch both teams highlight videos though. Game looked to be pretty evenly matched from what I could surmise from the box scores, game quotes, and highlight videos. If Oregon State comes to play this one could go down to the wire.

Weise didn't play against ND but Gabby Hanson made up for her absence, going for 18. Good offensive and defensive guard, as well -- I was impressed.
Still, I agree -- Hamblin has to stay out of foul trouble -- the W twins have to continue to shoot lights out, aided by Hanson and Deven Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom