OT: - One Week To Halloween | The Boneyard

OT: One Week To Halloween

Reaction Score
You get to choose one. What’s your favorite?

IMG_2612.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ooh, a Milky Way. I'll have that please.

For what ever reason over the years I've gotten fewer and fewer trick or treaters stop by. A small surge of the really young ones (which are the cutest anyway) and a smattering of older ones. I used to see a good number of kids who were about aged out for doing Halloween and not really in costume come by later in the evening but not in a good long while.

As a kid Halloween was huge - what's not to like about free candy and wandering the neighborhoods with my buddies? Then I aged out and was just a candy giver. Until my son came along and Halloween was resurrected, with him getting the goodies and me hanging with his friend's parents, often with a hot alcoholic beverage in hand to stave off the chill.

Reaction Score
I think somewhere on the bottom of that bowl is a Chunky! What a chunk of chocolate!! Remember Arnold Stang?
I loved Chunky's. It's hard to remember that Chunky's has been around for close to 100 years. I loved to eat that little square chocolate nugget with all the tasty nuts and raisins when I was 10 and still do. I am 90.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't remember him for the Chunky commercials but he was great in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"!
He was also in Arnold Schwarzenegger's Hercules in New York, which is probably the worst movie ever made.

Reaction Score
I loved Chunky's. It's hard to remember that Chunky's has been around for close to 100 years. I loved to eat that little square chocolate nugget with all the tasty nuts and raisins when I was 10 and still do. I am 90.
If you buy a Chunky today, it no longer contains Brazil nuts or Cashews, only peanuts and of course the size changed to a much smaller size.

Reaction Score
If you buy a Chunky today, it no longer contains Brazil nuts or Cashews, only peanuts and of course the size changed to a much smaller size.
I was a huge Chunky fan as a kid and although it had nothing to do with my fondness for a Chunky I do remember Arnold pitching them. Times change, as did Chunkys, and at least as far as Chunkys go, not for the better.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Snickers for me, thanks. The wife and daughter would go for Reese's cups. Those are all I buy at Hallowe'en. We never have any idea how many kids will show up -- could be none, could be ten groups.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom