One of the most important parts of next season | The Boneyard

One of the most important parts of next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is for Bridah and Nolan to come back with more power size(weight) and skills along with Lubin. We got away with being small last year in terms of physical stature because we used quickness and superb guard play. But were going 2 need more from the guys upfront and the guys putting on muscular size and strength to enhance their games in pivotal. There will be top teams with enormous players and we will need to counter that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't know specifics, but the downtime after Brimah's surgery gives me a bit of concern. Puts even more of an impetus on Nolan to bulk up.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
is for Bridah and Nolan to come back with more power size(weight) and skills along with Lubin. We got awayith being small last year in terms of physical stature because we used quickness nd superb guard play. But were going 2 need more from the guys up
front and the guys putting on muscular size and strength to enhance their games in pivotal. There will be top teams with enormous players and we will need to counter that.
plus Facey.

Reaction Score
I see Facey more like a Rodney Hood type player.

Not sure we want to throw the Hood expectations out there. I would guess Hood is a better shooter/scorer but I would like to see Face be a better rebounder, shot blocker and baseline guy.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see some mix of Facey at the 4 with Brimah at the 5. I think he can really clean up the defensive glass at PF and stretch out for some 10-12 foot jumpers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In the thread about strength and conditioning it says Phil is up to 237 lbs. He played last year around 215. He has a frame that can carry 235 lbs.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I think our paint presence will improve and lead to an increase in blocked shots. The post guys will be stronger and more experienced. Also , we won't have our lead guard( guards) leading the team in rebounds.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Of course, we just won a NC with that being the case, so . . . .

This is true , but when we win our next NC a PF/ C will lead that category .

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think our paint presence will improve and lead to an increase in blocked shots. The post guys will be stronger and more experienced. Also , we won't have our lead guard( guards) leading the team in rebounds.
I'd prefer they focus on rebounding first. Having a strong weak side rebounder is essential for a shot blocker. It's risk/reward. By going for the block you sacrifice positioning. Hasheem had Adrien and OK a for had several guys watch his back.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Not sure we want to throw the Hood expectations out there. I would guess Hood is a better shooter/scorer but I would like to see Face be a better rebounder, shot blocker and baseline guy.
I hope so too, but I feel like its going to be difficult to put on weight to be a down-low guy. I think he'll float into a DD-type mold.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'd prefer they focus on rebounding first. Having a strong weak side rebounder is essential for a shot blocker. It's risk/reward. By going for the block you sacrifice positioning. Hasheem had Adrien and OK a for had several guys watch his back.
With Facey seeming like a great rebounder him and Brimah should coexist on the floor very well. Both on the defensive end and offensive end also since Facey has more of a midrange game while Amida will be on the block.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Which is why I'd like Amidah to always go for the block and the other guys be ready to get the weak side board. I love having that intimidator in the paint. Forces so many misses even without contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom