Once proud K-State | The Boneyard

Once proud K-State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
gets blown out by UTEP 84 - 39.

The wildcats had 34 turnovers and 35 fouls - three starters and one reserve fouled out.
They were outscored by 32 at the foul line.

Is UTEP that good? - or does K-State need to be coached up on the new rules?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Wow - I saw the score and wondered.

It doesn't look to be the ref's; Lisa Mattingly, Felicia Grinter and Lisa Jones.

I'm no K-State fan, there was an expose some years ago that indicated their HC promotes her religion more than is appropriate at a public school. Not that I think she's the only one.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
UTEP HAS been quite good these last three/four years -- good, being relative, as in relative to their conference and competition. But, yikes...

Reaction Score
Isn't K-State the team whose religiously oppressive coach basically threw out two players last year, including their top player? If I recall correctly, the player was allowed by NCAA to play immediately because of the coach's actions?

Reaction Score
I looked this one up, because I had no recollection of such a problem with this team. Turns out at least one player was dismissed from the team last year for rule violations (I could not find a second), but back about 10 years ago, the same coach, Deb Patterson, got in a whole bunch of trouble for advocating her fundamentalist Christian beliefs, bragging that she was hiring only staff who shared those beliefs, and bringing in a chaplain to say prayers. Ran afoul of a few rules and the First Amendment. I can only assume that she agreed to men her ways, because I couldn't find any further indications of similar problems since then.

Now, at Missouri, it's a different story. Their head coach bragged that she was married with kids and she was proud of the fact that everyone on her staff was married with kids as well. If that doesn't send a message to a gay basketball player, I cannot imagine what would. Maybe sorta like the coach at Iowa State, I think it was, who said that when recruiting, he stressed "family values." Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom