on to Maryland | The Boneyard

on to Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maryland held Temple to 52 yards on 39 carries. am i the only one at all worried about that line? even though Temple had an early hole to dig out of they stayed committed to the run and weren't able to accomplish anything. i could see Deleone trying the same thing, which has me a little worried going into next week. one of the players said they were basically selling out to stop the run, even on third and long. you'd hope we can pass enough to take advantage of that, but after last week I'm worried that Deleone won't realize it until about 7 minutes in the game like last week. obviously our defense should be fine, but we'll still probably need to score at least 14 points to win.

Reaction Score
Given our inability to run the ball I think we'll have to rely on the pass. Given our tendency to pass the ball to the other team, yes, I'm worried.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Given our inability to run the ball I think we'll have to rely on the pass. Given our tendency to pass the ball to the other team, yes, I'm worried.
If CW can settle down, go through his progression, and the O game plan is reasonable, then the pass will open up the run and the game won't be close. If not, see last week.

Reaction Score
If CW can settle down, go through his progression, and the O game plan is reasonable, then the pass will open up the run and the game won't be close. If not, see last week.

You have to be able to get lined up, and snap the ball, and get the play going first. Yes - we're really at that stage.

Reaction Score
You have to be able to get lined up, and snap the ball, and get the play going first. Yes - we're really at that stage.
I thought during the umass game we did that exceptionally smooth. We zoomed in and out and set up the wildcat smoothly and quickly. I was wondering where the procedure penalties we grown accustomed to last year went? Well let's hope we have seen the last of them

Reaction Score
I thought during the umass game we did that exceptionally smooth. We zoomed in and out and set up the wildcat smoothly and quickly. I was wondering where the procedure penalties we grown accustomed to last year went? Well let's hope we have seen the last of them

That's a great observation. Coming out of UMass, I also thought I didn't know if we'd be good offensively, but it looked like we were at least ahead of where we were last year in having the right players in the huddle immediately and then lined up properly. And then, Saturday, we clearly regressed.

There was one big play in the 4th quarter, in our last possession I think, where, coming out of a time out that followed a sack, we went into the huddle with ten men and Ruben Frank had to come sprinting on. AT the end of the third quarter, we didn't run one last play because we had had 12 men in the huddle and the staff realized if the ball was snapped we were being penalized.

Reaction Score
All good points but how quickly we forget what a FHCRE pass defense looks like:

- DBs 10 yards off of receivers
- Blitzes about as frequent as blue moons
- Extra receivers (TEs, Fullbacks, Slots) running free underneath

As incompetent as the O looked on Saturday, credit to the NC State secondary and optimism that we can get back to the UMass level of effectiveness against Under Armour U.

Reaction Score
There was one big play in the 4th quarter, in our last possession I think, where, coming out of a time out that followed a sack, we went into the huddle with ten men and Ruben Frank had to come sprinting on. AT the end of the third quarter, we didn't run one last play because we had had 12 men in the huddle and the staff realized if the ball was snapped we were being penalized.

THAT was why we called the timeout?!?!?! None of us could figure it out. We could have used that timeout later on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom