On a related note, NBC turns small profit on Olympics. | The Boneyard

On a related note, NBC turns small profit on Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Which it turns out to be huge because they were projected to lose $200 million. Although not a hit in the twitterverse, everywhere else, NBC killed it. There cross platform telecasts were well received and performed about as expected.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought the cross platform telecasts worked great. It sounds like folks had little trouble finding NBCSN. Too bad they really screwed the pooch with jamming that dopey sit-com into the the closing ceremonies. They still have work to do.

Reaction Score
Other than a few minor issues, their mobile streaming was really good. But if Ryan Seacrest comes within a 100 mile radius of the Rent....:mad:

Reaction Score
Other than a few minor issues, their mobile streaming was really good. But if Ryan Seacrest comes within a 100 mile radius of the Rent....:mad:

I liked the mobile streaming options. I guess some people had real issues with it working in an acceptable manner, though.

Reaction Score
I liked the mobile streaming options. I guess some people had real issues with it working in an acceptable manner, though.
I liked the concept but found it less than satisfying in terms of the actual performance. I also found that the commercials they jammed in there seemed to come at the wrong times, and for some reason also seemed to mess up the transmission of the events. I suspect it was some technical thing between getting back to London from the US, though I don't know.
Seemed whenever there was a commercial in a live feed, we went off line for a minute or two between the end of the ad and returning to live action. It was fairly frustrating at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom