Omar Calhoun? | The Boneyard

Omar Calhoun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So he played 1 minute in the tourney? That being against St. Joes. Where does he fit into our plans going forward?

Reaction Score
He loved Uconn since he was a kid coming up in NYC. But its going to be tough for him to get minutes with Hamilton, Purvis and Cassell Jr. coming in next year. He might want to transfer if he has plans on the NBA.

Reaction Score
People should not give up on this kid. He was too good as a freshman to have lost it completely. Whatever happened with his surgery, there was a big change in his play on the court. Even his savviness and headiness was gone. But these were actually his strengths coming out of high school. People called him a basketball player, full stop. A rebounder, a defender, high court IQ, a scorer.

Reaction Score
If Omar can overcome whatever hindered him this year (2 hip operations?) he can become very productive in replacing Giffey and/or Kromah. Particularily in a role playing position.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
He loved Uconn since he was a kid coming up in NYC. But its going to be tough for him to get minutes with Hamilton, Purvis and Cassell Jr. coming in next year. He might want to transfer if he has plans on the NBA.

This is just terrible. This kid committed his youth to UConn, and has been nothing but a positive part of this team through his ups and downs. Even ignoring how good he was last year, he should have all of our support for the rest of his career based on the way he handled himself this year. And I trust that between his hard work and KO's support, he will find himself in a position to succeed.

Leave transfer talk like this to programs like Kentucky - we stick by our guys here.

Reaction Score
He too good and competitive (NYC) to not be extra motivated having to watch the game from the bench. He certainly doesn't want to repeat that next year and he won't.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Or he could work hard and make it tough for the other guys to get minutes.
Yes. Redemption via motivation and Ollie is just the guy to administer it

Reaction Score
He could very well start next year. He has the talent but needs to get a few things together.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think there will be one transfer, but I don't think it will be Calhoun. Calhoun played at 75% all year, and he is not a good enough athlete to pull that off. Either he gets healthy and returns to form, or he doesn't, in which case transferring is not going to help him.

Reaction Score
Omar is a wing. The two biggest reasons why he fell out of the rotation were Giffey and Kromah...and both of those guys are gone.

He may not start if Hamilton is the real deal from day 1, but he will definitely have a role.

Reaction Score
Next year Omar will be what Daniels was this year

Reaction Score
Omar has been a big part of this program and helped us win a lot of games especially last year. He never pouted when he lost his minutes and cheered harder than anyone for his teammates. I really hope he stays and I think he will.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
William Paxton
@wspaxton

Omar Calhoun: "I'm going to train, work hard and come back a monster." #UConn

Got KO written all over him. Respect this kid so much. Not easy going through what he did this year. Kept shooting. Kept cheering/supporting. He's going to find success at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Maybe he can help bring in Chris Obekpa if DD leaves. Another defensive beast in the paint to go with BRIMAH!!!!, Nolan, and "Rubin" would be a great pairing with a DEEP BACKCOURT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom