Omar Calhoun, Gatorade Player of the Year, Is Still On Board for UConn | The Boneyard

Omar Calhoun, Gatorade Player of the Year, Is Still On Board for UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He knew there would be minutes for him when he committed months ago. Things have worked out just like he wanted.

Giffey better hit the weights, because I think he is going to be starting at the 4.

Reaction Score
He knew there would be minutes for him when he committed months ago. Things have worked out just like he wanted.

Giffey better hit the weights, because I think he is going to be starting at the 4.

do you mean the 2 and not the 4. he are screwed if giffey is our starting PF

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Yes, he's still on board, as he says every time someone asks him whenever there's another scandal or hint of a scandal.

Hey, this APR in July thing came out today -- better call Omar and make sure he's still on board.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
do you mean the 2 and not the 4. he are screwed if giffey is our starting PF

Who else is our starting PF? Roscoe is playing center. We will be 3 guard on steroids next year.

Reaction Score
Olander would play the 4, I guess..we will be so thin if drummond leaves

Reaction Score
Who else is our starting PF? Roscoe is playing center. We will be 3 guard on steroids next year.

Assuming Drummond leaves, which would be a huge mistake, we would still have olander, bradley, and we might get another big like chris opekpa. we still have wolf too, hopefully we're not thatttt desperate though

Reaction Score
If AD, AO, and JL leave......

1. Boat, Bazz,
2. Bazz, Calhoun, Giffey
3. Scoe, Giffey, Daniels
4. Olander, Scoe
5. Bradley, Olander, Wolf

Provided everyone on the above list is still here, we will still have 1 or 2 open ships (depending on the penalties). We will likely bring another big if we have 1, and a big and the best available if we have 2.

Im not saying we'll be the best team in the country, but i can definitely get excited about the above DC.

Reaction Score
No tourney really hurts recruiiting

If AD, AO, and JL leave......

1. Boat, Bazz,
2. Bazz, Calhoun, Giffey
3. Scoe, Giffey, Daniels
4. Olander, Scoe
5. Bradley, Olander, Wolf

Provided everyone on the above list is still here, we will still have 1 or 2 open ships (depending on the penalties). We will likely bring another big if we have 1, and a big and the best available if we have 2.

Im not saying we'll be the best team in the country, but i can definitely get excited about the above DC.

Reaction Score
Now just get your butt on campus.

As juniors (with rings) Giffey and Tyler will be much better players. I'm not worried about those two, they will contribute. Daniels and Scoe (to a lesser extent) are the two that if we can get major improvements from, we should be just fine. The team is good enough to compete with anyone, even if we do become thin at the bigs.

Reaction Score
I can't wait for Omar to get on campus! Seems like a great kid from a great family

Reaction Score
Omar must bleed husky blue and white.. cant wait to see this kid

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
The two times I saw Omar play in my opinion is that he is not going to be a major factor guys. I know just two times, but you can tell when see someone who is special even on very bad days.

He is not special

Reaction Score
The two times I saw Omar play in my opinion is that he is not going to be a major factor guys. I know just two times, but you can tell when see someone who is special even on very bad days.

He is not special

I guess they should have named him Gatorade Lite POY yes? By the way....what team do you scout/coach for?

Reaction Score

He is not special

Sure, but you're very "special"...

caw

Reaction Score
Were screwed if Giffey is our starting 2 also.

Better than starting 4, unless UConn goes to a four and out system. I'm still trying to figure out who will be the five at UConn is Drummond leaves.

caw

Reaction Score

He is not special

I don't know if I agree with your last statement. I think you would have to clarify what you mean by special.

He isn't a freak athlete like say John Wall or even in the same realm as Kris Dunn.

Calhoun does do a few things quite well though. He is strong on the ball with a good handle. He is strong. He has a good shot. He kind of reminds me of what I saw of Brandon Triche in high school. So maybe not "special" but he is certainly good enough (potentially) to be a starter for an elite eight team by the time he is a junior. He might be better and he might be worse but that's the closest I can think of in terms of comparisons. I think Omar has a better shot at the same age.

Reaction Score
Everyone on the team needs to hit the weights. We were way too soft this year. Marquette really stood out when standing next to our team.

Reaction Score
Better than starting 4, unless UConn goes to a four and out system. I'm still trying to figure out who will be the five at UConn is Drummond leaves.

Ill agree with that, but I dont see him as a 2 or a 4. But definitely closer to a 2 than 4. But I guess our starting backcourt will be bazz and boat with Omar off the bench? Maybe Giffey at the 3 or Roscoe. Who knows honestly. I really really really hope we get Obekpa.

Reaction Score

He is not special
I have the same concerns. Hes not that big for a 2, and he just has average athleticism. He seems to be a good shooter, but he has fallen in the recruiting rankings. Not that that those rankings really mean much (hes still higher than Lamb was) but it could mean something. Im sure he will be a good player at some point, but im not sure he is going to be an impact guy next year, which we may need. I dont see him being as good as Boat was, although I think Boat is amazing. Well see. I hope hes really good.

Reaction Score
If drummond leaves and our starting frontline consists of TO,RS & any combination of DD/NG we are going to be in trouble from the start. they start with Bradley/Obekpo/wolfe first off the bench and its going to be a loooong season. especially if we`re ineligible for the tourney. with AD,AO and JL leaving those three scolies need to be filled by some big time immediate impact talent or we`re screwed! none of these guys are good in the post offensively and i doubt if obekpo comes here your going to want a freshmen as your #1 option in the post.
We would need a recruiting class of NOEL/OBEKPO/PARKER/BENNETT. obviously not all of them but two of the four in some combination and get a wing player with the third schollie.

Reaction Score
I guess they should have named him Gatorade Lite POY yes? By the way....what team do you scout/coach for?

Didn't you see the source of the post you are replying to?

Reaction Score
As for the bigs situation, I thought we won a Championship last year with a Center that wasn't that good?

Are people really that worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom