Ollie threatening to sue UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ollie threatening to sue UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn released the transcripts as the result of FOIA requests, so I don’t really see what case Ollie has for defamation.

It speaks poorly about the UConn administration that they’ve allowed things to get to this point. But Ollie’s pettiness is not the best look either.

Reaction Score
KO, find some new attorneys that will work for you rather than fatten their own wallets while destroying your chances at finding a new job. Find a law firm that will quietly negotiate a deal with UCONN, and walk away ready for your next opportunity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is anyone really (I mean, REALLY) surprised that KO is all in for all he can get?
Seems this should be no surprise...good will, fan favor, and unwritten rules don't make the mortgage payment...
Not sure how else anyone could have predicted it would play out.

On my earlier $5.5M estimate...thinking now, if anything, it will be higher.

Reaction Score
Eh, whatever. Just posturing by his attorney to force a settlement. Probably because the attorney knows there is not a great chance to win in arbitration.

I don't really care about any of this as long as it doesn't impact the on court product. I highly doubt recruits care about this at all.

Reaction Score
Except that Ollie's lawyer doesn't understand FOIA exemptions.

Is this the same legal representation that allowed KO to sign an employment/PSC that defines "cause" as damn near everything/anything; right down to on-campus littering?

Reaction Score
Because of another threatening lawyer letter? Don’t just threaten it - file it. This was a hail mail pass that comes up short of the goal line.

$$ going down everyday...
What's a "hail mail"?

Reaction Score
Because of another threatening lawyer letter? Don’t just threaten it - file it. This was a hail mary pass that comes up short of the goal line.

$$ going down everyday...

Along these lines my thought is if you have to threaten to sue, you aren't going to sue. Likely just for show to get more money from UConn via settlement. He intentionally went to Medcalf @ ESPN again and bypassed local media outlets to get maximum attention and damage the image of the AD to the utmost degree.

Reaction Score
Front page ESPN.com article about Ollie and his lawyers threatening to sue UConn. Guess they are going the scorched-earth tactic now.

Ollie demands retraction from UConn, may sue

Seriously, LMAO. This was a scorched earth battle from the moment UConn fired KO for cause. KO is responsible for not winning enough, and I don't know whether cause does or doesn't exist, but it was UConn that turned this into war.

Reaction Score
I don't begrudge KO for trying to get the money. He knows as well as we do that his career is shot. He's got nothing to lose.

At the same time, he's burning a lot of goodwill among fans of the school. He has to know what he's getting into.

How many fans of the school are going to give him his next job? Unless your number requires fingers, there is nothing for him to burn.

Reaction Score
No it won't. So I guess that bs statement he wrote a week ago about bleeding blue was just that, bs? This looks worse for Ollie than UConn and the ramifications will be far greater for him than the school.

That's just bull. You can bleed blue for the basketball program you love and still stick up for your rights if you think that as an employee you are being treated wrongly. They are hardly mutually exclusive concepts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seriously, LMAO. This was a scorched earth battle from the moment UConn fired KO for cause. KO is responsible for not winning enough, and I don't know whether cause does or doesn't exist, but it was UConn that turned this into war.
Pretty tough to say that if you weren't in the room when this was first broached with KO. UConn may have have offered a buy out and KO said "nope I want it all."

For what it is worth, it seems to me that all the escalation has on KO's side. I know his attorney has a good employment law rep but it seems like this matter has been misplayed, badly, whether that is due to counsel, the union or KO is debatable.

And if you don't know whether just cause exists, you haven't been paying attention. That's not debatable at this point.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
How would a retraction work here anyway? Obi Wan comes in, waves his hand, and we didn't see it?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is's like a hairy mary but different.
I thought it was a cross between a hail mary and hate mail: a last second desperation pass to the end zone when the OB is mad at his receiver.

MW-EA529_rodger_20151204075559_ZH.jpg

"You better catch this one you ay-hole."​

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Still not sold on the sanctions. Was listening to the Gary Parrish podcast and they seemed to hint that UConn uncovering these violations, working with NCAA on them, and firing Ollie and whole staff would lead to some leniency.
That's what I was trying to say in another thread the other day. This won't hurt any goodwill with recruits, and will only help our goodwill with the NCAA, which is the game that needs to be played.

Reaction Score
But wait his statement lol
I took it as a warning from the very beginning. "Hey guys, thanks, but you're not going to like me anymore"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom