Ollie needs to learn an inbound play | The Boneyard

Ollie needs to learn an inbound play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unless we throw the ball into the back court we can't inbound from under our basket. Cost us huge today.

Reaction Score
Lack of movement really hurts on inbound plays but in general i thought we've done ok during the game. In any case it was clear that boatright was open RJ just under threw the ball by quite a bit.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Lack of movement really hurts on inbound plays but in general i thought we've done ok during the game. In any case it was clear that boatright was open RJ just under threw the ball by quite a bit.

This!

The correct play was the long throw to Boatright, since he is your main ball handler and he went long to receive it. RJ either didn't see him or didn't get it to him. The fact that Palatine didn't recognize this and is blaming Ollie means that Palatine didn't recognize the right play either. But that is ALSO not Ollie's fault...

Reaction Score
This!

The correct play was the long throw to Boatright, since he is your main ball handler and he went long to receive it.

Good call-Boatright was able to penetrate at will. Throw it 3/4 court, let him take the ball up comfortably and attack the hoop with 8 seconds left. Down 1, playing for the last shot with a guard they haven't stopped penetrating all day who was on fire from the FT line-I put our chance of winning the game in that scenario at 75%.

Reaction Score
Unless we throw the ball into the back court we can't inbound from under our basket. Cost us huge today.
Design a play and send to him because I doubt that Ollie can create an inbound play without your help.

Reaction Score
you bashing Ollie after a loss, how shocking.
It's not bashing. It's a simple observation. We have had a problem inbounding the ball under our own basket all year.

Reaction Score
This!

The correct play was the long throw to Boatright, since he is your main ball handler and he went long to receive it. RJ either didn't see him or didn't get it to him. The fact that Palatine didn't recognize this and is blaming Ollie means that Palatine didn't recognize the right play either. But that is ALSO not Ollie's fault...
This is the same play we run over and over. And we have had trouble with it all year. It finally caught up with us.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Has nothing to do with Ollie, with an in-bound play, or anything else like that. It has everything to do with Evans. He is an incredible liability out there. How do you make a two handled pass to the elbow with a couple of defenders out there? Just a long baseball pass to Boat would have gotten the ball in. He can't score. He can't hit free throws, he has limited handle, he throws the ball away and dribbles into corners. After playing college ball of as long s he has, it's hard to believe he is as bad as he is.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is the same play we run over and over. And we have had trouble with it all year. It finally caught up with us.

I'll say it again. It means you don't recognize what the right play was on that inbounds. Or you aren't willing to acknowledge it. In either case, your shortcomings aren't Ollie's fault....

Reaction Score
uconns inbounds 'play' has always been throw it all the way to the backcourt, except for the rare awesome oops to rudy or sticks

Reaction Score
RJ pass was very weak. He was throwing it to PN . He was not throwing it long into the backcourt. Just a horrible pass. I would rather see the small forward take the ball out. Need more height.

Reaction Score
It was a bad play on Evans part. He should not have been in that position. If Giffey didn't get hurt in the first half, he WOULDN'T have been inbounding the ball there. Not like Ollie had many choices left, being so shorthanded in this game.

Reaction Score
uconns inbounds 'play' has always been throw it all the way to the backcourt, except for the rare awesome oops to rudy or sticks

I totally disagree. I have often commented that Calhoun had some awesome inbounds plays over the years. It really was one of his best coaching tips, getting the quick dunk off the inbounds pass.

Reaction Score
Ollie is in his first year of coaching. He gets passes for all games this year, as far as I'm concerned. It comes with the title of 'rookie'. Hell he was in the discussion of BE Coach of the year even today.

Fault finding seems easy after a loss but had we won would this thread have started?

I saw so many positives today that negate any negatives or complaints for that matter. We lost at an away game, and Ollie gets blamed for a player throwing a bad pass. I guess if people look for the bad they will find it or make it up.

Reaction Score
The only blame for Ollie on the inbounds is using Evans. Not Ollie's fault he made a terrible pass.

If your flustered call TO. No reason to make that pass, send boat all the way back and throw it deep into the back court if you have to.

Reaction Score
It's not bashing. It's a simple observation. We have had a problem inbounding the ball under our own basket all year.

We have had trouble inbounding the ball all year and i doubt that's on KO, they have a great staff and know JC's plays and so many others. People need to be more physical, forceful and fast and we need better passers inbounding the ball. RJ is not a good passer as it is I was scared to death seeing the ball in his hands!!

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
Please bashing is not allowed on the Boneyard! The players and coaches are beyond criticism. You must understand
C'mon they're trying really, really hard!
This is the generation of "good try" and "laying it all out on the floor" when you lose and getting medals for coming in 8th place.
This is what we have come to.

Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan... everytime I see RJ Evans in the game, I think 2 things.... Turnover or blown layup or missed point blank shot. He made a 2 footer, but his pass was horrible. It was closer to 2 Cincy players than a UConn player. If he didn't have an open man, call a time out (since they still had 1 left). He's a 5th year Grad Student, but plays more like a nervous freshman...

Kudos to Nolan for playing his best game of the season!

Reaction Score
Has nothing to do with Ollie, with an in-bound play, or anything else like that. It has everything to do with Evans. He is an incredible liability out there. How do you make a two handled pass to the elbow with a couple of defenders out there? Just a long baseball pass to Boat would have gotten the ball in. He can't score. He can't hit free throws, he has limited handle, he throws the ball away and dribbles into corners. After playing college ball of as long s he has, it's hard to believe he is as bad as he is.

Amen....

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

this is simply not true

time and time and time and time again, especially in big spots Jimmy has run plays that lead to wide open shots

Ollie doesn't have the horses to execute these plays, our scorers are too short. Although DD is going to be a great wing next year, things will change

Reaction Score
this is simply not true

time and time and time and time again, especially in big spots Jimmy has run plays that lead to wide open shots

Ollie doesn't have the horses to execute these plays, our scorers are too short. Although DD is going to be a great wing next year, things will change

I remember numerous times the announcers commending JC and his staff for setting up a bunny off the in bounds plays......not as much this year for sure!!

Reaction Score
OK im on record to replace Coach with Palatine. Imagine the great coaching minds he can choose from on this site for his assistants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom