Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Still early but Ole Miss up 28-19

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
2 point game with 2 minutes to go, but Baylor holds on for the win.

Reaction Score
I'm reading that Odessa Sims scored 39 points on 11 for 32 shooting which is unbelievable. I mean, she's the point guard and she's chucking up 32 shots in a game????? What kind of a team do they have to have her shoot probably half of the teams shots. Isn't there anyone else that can perform for Baylor?

Reaction Score
I'm reading that Odessa Sims scored 39 points on 11 for 32 shooting which is unbelievable. I mean, she's the point guard and she's chucking up 32 shots in a game????? What kind of a team do they have to have her shoot probably half of the teams shots. Isn't there anyone else that can perform for Baylor?
She is the team! Without her, the rest have either limited experience or skill. Kim has to let OS go wild for any chance to win against good competition. The 4 overtime thriller with Kentucky showed that in a loss when OS fouled out. Can't wait for UConn to end their now nations best home win streak of 66 ( will by 70 by then) on January 13...........

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Not only took 32 shots but shot 16 FTs. Two Ole Miss players fouled out. Fouls were 26-17 if0 Baylor.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Speaking of other teams: our good buddies at South Dakota State won again (yesterday)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I watched the Baylor game. I would suggest that Ole Miss is a work in progress - they haven't really played anyone - but clearly has talent. I suspect that Insell will develop into a good coach like his dad. Dad's Middle Tennessee State team knocked off South Florida tonight, and the fellow that does scores on the RU board said they have 4 wins over BCS conference teams.

Baylor is mostly Sims. She is extremely talented, no doubt. I'll even go for best pg in the nation (as the homer announcing team dubbed her), although I certainly have a hard time considering her a "traditional" point guard.

Incidentally, I couldn't resist checking the bona fides of their color commentator and found out that 30 years ago he was forced to quit as the men's coach after he gave $170 to a player for a car payment. The player taped the incident and turned him in. How bizarre.

Reaction Score
I watch this game and the refs allowed Baylor to man-handle the Ole Miss Point guard in the second half. She should have gone to the line a bunch with the way they are supposed to call hand checks and impeding movement this year. I thought she was the best player on the floor; she made her whole team better

Reaction Score
I watched the Baylor game. I would suggest that Ole Miss is a work in progress - they haven't really played anyone - but clearly has talent. I suspect that Insell will develop into a good coach like his dad. Dad's Middle Tennessee State team knocked off South Florida tonight, and the fellow that does scores on the RU board said they have 4 wins over BCS conference teams.

Baylor is mostly Sims. She is extremely talented, no doubt. I'll even go for best pg in the nation (as the homer announcing team dubbed her), although I certainly have a hard time considering her a "traditional" point guard.

Incidentally, I couldn't resist checking the bona fides of their color commentator and found out that 30 years ago he was forced to quit as the men's coach after he gave $170 to a player for a car payment. The player taped the incident and turned him in. How bizarre.

She plays like a scoring guard. The commentators were calling both guards "point guards".

The guy got stabbed in the back. Wonder if the player payed him back?

Reaction Score
I watch this game and the refs allowed Baylor to man-handle the Ole Miss Point guard in the second half. She should have gone to the line a bunch with the way they are supposed to call hand checks and impeding movement this year. I thought she was the best player on the floor; she made her whole team better

She's only 5' 4" too.

Baylor kept a girl glued to the Ol Miss player who was making the threes in the first half after halftime.

Reaction Score

Not really.

The center's a good rebounder but I think she's a freshman.

HGN

Reaction Score
She is the team! Without her, the rest have either limited experience or skill. Kim has to let OS go wild for any chance to win against good competition. The 4 overtime thriller with Kentucky showed that in a loss when OS fouled out. Can't wait for UConn to end their now nations best home win streak of 66 ( will by 70 by then) on January 13...........
Wasn't the O/T game with Kentucky played at Baylor ?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Wasn't the O/T game with Kentucky played at Baylor ?
Texas Stadium, whatever it is called now. Jerry Jones plaything. Site of the men's final four.

HGN

Reaction Score
I also read that Odyssey Sims scored 39.........Including the last 7 pts for Baylor to secure the win. Obviously if you stop , or limit , Sims you win the game. But give Sims credit , she is a one woman gang and she knows it. It just doesn't appear that Baylor has any other reliable weapons to count on in a competitive game. Unlike the Griner years when there was Griner , Sims , and Pope.... Now its only Sims it seems.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Well, as has been said many times after the Baylor vs. Louisville game, you have to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game. Too bad, so sad.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Just exactly how did the 4OT loss to UK prove that Sims "is the team?" Baylor played with UK for 3 and a half OTs WITHOUT Sims, which is almost the equivalent of a full half of basketball. If Sims "is the team" please explain to me how Baylor continued to force additional OTs without Sims on the floor. Even after 7 players fouled out Baylor came very close to forcing a 5th OT.

I agree that Sims shoots too much. I thought that in the Ole Miss game that she took some very bad shots under the goal, challenging the bigger Ole Miss players, instead of pulling up for the jumper or the floater. There were many times that she shot when she should have passed, IMO. But Kim is going to let Odyseey do whatever she wants this year, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will be at that game. Less than two hours from my home in Austin

HGN

Reaction Score
Texas Stadium, whatever it is called now. Jerry Jones plaything. Site of the men's final four.
Ok, thanks..........I was wondering why they were saying that Baylor has a 66 game win streak at home when they just loss to Kentucky. But the game was not played on the Baylor campus.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Davis looks like a really good freshman based on the KY game in the Swin kind of mold - slender slasher with a nice J from 15 in. Problem for Baylor is they rely on Sims so much, but she can be pretty unguardable and usually shoots a higher percentage.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Davis looks like a really good freshman based on the KY game in the Swin kind of mold - slender slasher with a nice J from 15 in. Problem for Baylor is they rely on Sims so much, but she can be pretty unguardable and usually shoots a higher percentage.

Davis had 18 points and 15 rebounds. Niya Johnson had 10 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds. Both had pretty nice games. Prince looks smooth and should get better each game.

Ole Miss has some very athletic players and is much better than I anticipated.

Reaction Score
Tell me more about Davis ETT. Her stats are out of this world, about 22 pts 10 reb per 30 minutes. With a 3.2 A/TO and boatloads of steals. Did I mention her FG% is 72!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Tell me more about Davis ETT. Her stats are out of this world, about 22 pts 10 reb per 30 minutes. With a 3.2 A/TO and boatloads of steals. Did I mention her FG% is 72!

Davis is undersized at the 4 position but just has a nose for the ball and hustles on every play. She is such a smooth athlete and is very good at finishing at the rim and around bigger players. She has an ability to attack the rim at unexpected angles and still finish.

Reaction Score
Thanks ETT. Even taking account of Baylor's weak schedule and propensity for high scoring games, those are AA numbers Davis is posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom