Olanders fouls and minutes were needed tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Olanders fouls and minutes were needed tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this thread is a mess, but I do have one major complaint about Olander's play yesterday. We get that he can't cover Young one on one, but he got the ball in position to do something and even got half a step on Young, and then he takes a lefty fadeaway hook? WTF? Go right into Young in that spot and make the refs make a call. Either Olander gets a decent shot off, gets to the line, or gets called for a charge. I could live with any of the three outcomes. A lefty hook from Olander is a wasted possession.
OK, but you realize he is left-handed?

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Olander, seemed to Contribute, when they won in 2011.

He seems so much worse, now.
When he comes into the game.
I instantly start yelling at my tv.

Honestly, I would rather Facey get, all of Olander's Minutes.
This post is hard to, read.
Is that a new poetry, form?

I'm in a comma coma.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
To his credit, he DID win the inaugural Senhor Testiculo award, thus starting a snowball that would eventually turn in to a Mojo Avalanche that we have ridden straight in to the Championship game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
OK, but you realize he is left-handed?

Did not, but it doesn't matter. 8-10 foot hook shots from the side are terrible shots for all but the best players.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Olander came in at a point in the game where we had 7 fouls on AB and Nolan. He was needed to just to take time off the clock. He didn't play well. But he filled his role, well enough. He got five minutes banged around a little bit. We needed him and it helped.

I don't understand the hate being directed at the kid.

I didn't have a big problem with this play until Young used him on back to back spin moves. Olander at least made Young work on the first spin, but the second one was way too easy and that got Olander the hook.

Reaction Score
They scored like 7 points on 3 shots against him but we won so yea.
Yes they did but Tyler played very good position defense, they just made the shots.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Palantine has a need to post a single off 'n wall thought or question after each game.

It's damned near a mental illness, but we're going on about a decade of it and he hasn't been institutionalized, so I assume he either compartmentalizes well or he's only slightly nuts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yes they did but Tyler played very good position defense, they just made the shots.

Ah, no, he didn't.

Young undressed him twice and then he fouled Prather for a three-point play.

Reaction Score
Young's second make off TO was a brick off the glass. Very tough shot.

The bigger issue is that it all makes a difference. Daniels was brilliant. That is pretty obvious. But for guy like TO to come in bang around a little and help the Huskies hold serve is what makes a team a team.

That may be off the wall thinking. It's also true. And on this night, it helped.

Reaction Score
Palantine has a need to post a single off 'n wall thought or question after each game.

It's damned near a mental illness, but we're going on about a decade of it and he hasn't been institutionalized, so I assume he either compartmentalizes well or he's only slightly nuts.
In my expert medical opinion he does seem to have a form of Tourette's. the rare Olander Tourette Syndrome: an uncontrollable constant posting of praise for someone who really hasn't done much to deserve it. Palatine's symptoms have gotten so severe he can not stop repeating Tyler's rap song over and over. The only cure is an Oldander stat line of 4 points and 2 rebounds

Reaction Score
Strongly disagree. He came in and Florida went on like a 7-0 run, including 3 baskets right over/around him, and a missed hook shot on offense.

His play let Florida right back into the game. Fortunately, Ollie went back to the small lineup in the nick of time.
It was tough few minutes for Tyler. He hasn't been playing much lately, but Ollie didn't have many options. It made sense to put him out there with Nolan and Brimah in foul trouble, but plan B, going small turned out to be the better option and lessor of two evils.

We just beat the top seed and we're 40 minutes away from NC #4. Why do people feel they need to throw one of our own under the bus. Olander was trying his best.

KO might need to call on him again tomorrow. KO might need to have a quicker hook if TO can't give us a few solid minutes. Let's hope he does like he did in the NC game 4 years ago.

Reaction Score
Ah, no, he didn't.

Young undressed him twice and then he fouled Prather for a three-point play.

Not so much Fishman……Young undressed him a little once although Tyler did a nice job and had a hand in his face……. he made a throw the other time and we're all still waiting for him to foul Prather, he stayed straight up on that one and there should have been no call for sure!! He wasn't great but he was solid……..

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We had to put him in for foul trouble, It's like people her expect him to play good.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Strongly disagree. He came in and Florida went on like a 7-0 run, including 3 baskets right over/around him, and a missed hook shot on offense.

His play let Florida right back into the game. Fortunately, Ollie went back to the small lineup in the nick of time.

The only people on the court who let UF back in the game were the ones wearing the whistles. Patrick Young is good enough not to be allowed to wrestle, push and walk with the ball.

Reaction Score
Oh my god and you talk about me. This guy comes in and they go on a run, he fumbles passes and is eaten alive under the boards. Ya, just what we needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom