Olanders fouls and minutes were needed tonight | The Boneyard

Olanders fouls and minutes were needed tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and fumbled a pass inside from Bazz, possibly the worst 5 minute or so stretch of basketball from one player I've ever seen, but they won so it can be forgiven

Haha indeed. I was screaming for Giffey after that stint. He really never stood a chance out there.

On the other hand Calhoun looked freaking pumped at the end of the game. Good to see his team spirit still so high.

Reaction Score
Strongly disagree. He came in and Florida went on like a 7-0 run, including 3 baskets right over/around him, and a missed hook shot on offense.

His play let Florida right back into the game. Fortunately, Ollie went back to the small lineup in the nick of time.

Reaction Score
Strongly disagree. He came in and Florida went on like a 7-0 run, including 3 baskets right over/around him, and a missed hook shot on offense.

His play let Florida right back into the game. Fortunately, Ollie went back to the small lineup in the nick of time.

I think you just got double trolled.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Nothing but love for Tyler…….from a kid who had a place in the minutes handed out to a kid who actually is used for only foul trouble. But also he is the leading cheerleader right now, vocal on the sidelines and he also one of the kids who stayed. Nothing bad to say about Tyler……….it should only be thank you!

Hope he gets another ring, he also quietly deserves it!!!

Reaction Score
I mean Olander messed up two offensive possessions for -4 then gave up 7 so yeah.

Reaction Score
They weren't good minutes. But seeing as Brimah hasn't lasted more than 5 minutes before picking up 2 fouls in the first half the past two games, I fully expect his fouls and minutes to be needed tomorrow.

Reaction Score
F this thread.
Kid played minutes on our 2011 championship team.
Kid has been to practice for 4 years and has, presumably, helped other guys get better.
Kid gives it 100% every time he is in the game, no exceptions.
And, in my opinion, the kid feels no pressure. If he has an open 10-15 footer on Monday, he'll take it and I'm comfortable with him doing it.
And finally, unlike any clowns bashing him, he's got one ring in the bank and he's looking to make a deposit on Monday, late, in the night deposit box.

He's a Husky, he's put in his time, he's played to his capacity, he gives it constant effort, and we're on the tail end of an amazing run - stop the bashing - bad for the MOJO and bad for the soul. I was thinking as I woke up this morning - "thank God there's no negative Calhoun thread." Instead we get this garbage pit.

Reaction Score
F this thread.
Kid played minutes on our 2011 championship team.
Kid has been to practice for 4 years and has, presumably, helped other guys get better.
Kid gives it 100% every time he is in the game, no exceptions.
And, in my opinion, the kid feels no pressure. If he has an open 10-15 footer on Monday, he'll take it and I'm comfortable with him doing it.
And finally, unlike any clowns bashing him, he's got one ring in the bank and he's looking to make a deposit on Monday, late, in the night deposit box.

He's a Husky, he's put in his time, he's played to his capacity, he gives it constant effort, and we're on the tail end of an amazing run - stop the bashing - bad for the MOJO and bad for the soul. I was thinking as I woke up this morning - "thank God there's no negative Calhoun thread." Instead we get this garbage pit.

not to mention he's a hometown kid literally he could have went somewhere else and even transferred to get more playing time but chose to stick it out and hasn't complained once.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know this thread is a mess, but I do have one major complaint about Olander's play yesterday. We get that he can't cover Young one on one, but he got the ball in position to do something and even got half a step on Young, and then he takes a lefty fadeaway hook? WTF? Go right into Young in that spot and make the refs make a call. Either Olander gets a decent shot off, gets to the line, or gets called for a charge. I could live with any of the three outcomes. A lefty hook from Olander is a wasted possession.

Reaction Score
I know this thread is a mess, but I do have one major complaint about Olander's play yesterday. We get that he can't cover Young one on one, but he got the ball in position to do something and even got half a step on Young, and then he takes a lefty fadeaway hook? WTF? Go right into Young in that spot and make the refs make a call. Either Olander gets a decent shot off, gets to the line, or gets called for a charge. I could live with any of the three outcomes. A lefty hook from Olander is a wasted possession.

God you guys are really pitiful. Young was a senior trying to will his team to a W, not sure if anyone even noticed but he scored in an array of ways, left hooks even and on EVRYONE not just Tyler. And Tyler is a LEFTY so why is a lefty hook so bad? It was solid and he had a good look, if he made it people would be talking about how great he was……….his minutes were fine. Do we want to count everyone's minutes in the first 11 minutes as negative for the Huskies and they killed us??

Stupid posts here, we won this kid did his best, the guy made shots and he had his hand in his face……NEXT

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
He was used very well at the end of the first by KO. PN and AB in foul trouble, Florida keeping it close with us as the half was closing, and UF in the bonus, KO had TO foul Young twice in a row to end UF's possessions and force Young to shoot 1 and 1s, both of which he missed the front end.

Reaction Score
TO could win two titles..pretty rare at uconn. He will
Be one of our most decorated big man in history. Not bad for a D2 talent.

Reaction Score
Olander came in at a point in the game where we had 7 fouls on AB and Nolan. He was needed to just to take time off the clock. He didn't play well. But he filled his role, well enough. He got five minutes banged around a little bit. We needed him and it helped.

I don't understand the hate being directed at the kid.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Olander, seemed to Contribute, when they won in 2011.

He seems so much worse, now.
When he comes into the game.
I instantly start yelling at my tv.

Honestly, I would rather Facey get, all of Olander's Minutes.

Reaction Score
Watching Randle muscle, shove and beat his way into the paint against Wisconsin while only picking up one foul, UConn is going to need his body and 5 fouls tomorrow night because the Zebras are not going to help.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Olander's five fouls may play a big role against Kentucky. We'll need a banger down low. A couple of baskets from him would be a huge plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom