Olander | The Boneyard

Olander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is the deal, how come he does not play anymore??

Reaction Score
No idea, I'd prefer to see him start over Nolan. Neither would get more than 10-12 mins anyway, but Olander can't be worse.

Reaction Score
He was not too bad when we won in 2011, at least he is another big body and 5 fouls which we need against Sparty.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He's dealing with tendonitis, but I don't know if that's a big enough issue to keep him sidelined.

Reaction Score
He was not too bad when we won in 2011, at least he is another big body and 5 fouls which we need against Sparty.

I seem to remember the ball going to him right away in a few games down the stretch that year. I always thought that was a move by JC to get him some confidence, and it seemed to work.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think we will need his work against MSU. I know Nolan will get 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes. Really don't know if Brimah his experienced enough to stay with the PAIN.

Reaction Score
If we want 0 rebounds, two quick fouls and a missed jump shot, bring him in rot 3 minutes

Reaction Score
No idea, I'd prefer to see him start over Nolan. Neither would get more than 10-12 mins anyway, but Olander can't be worse.

No clue what you're talking about, Nolan has been plenty serviceable in his time during the tourney. Moreso than Olander would be.

Apparently this is Ollie's train of thought, too. I'm going to go with that.

Reaction Score
Not trying to speculate, but could Olander, as a senior, transfer to another school without sitting out a year, or has he used up his eligibility?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Not trying to speculate, but could Olander, as a senior, transfer to another school without sitting out a year, or has he used up his eligibility?
he played all 4 years he was here so he's out of eligibility

Reaction Score

This is his 4th year of eligibility, it's over after this

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

WTF. You say 'not trying to speculate'... and then you go speculate about a transfer?
He has no eligibility.

Terrible post.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
We need to use his fouls and brief minutes as a bridge between Nolan and Brimah.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Global warming and glaciers are not a good mix

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh really, he hasn't scored in the last 2 games and has had 1 rebound. He's nowhere near serviceble or good whatsoever.

No clue what you're talking about, Nolan has been plenty serviceable in his time during the tourney. Moreso than Olander would be.

Apparently this is Ollie's train of thought, too. I'm going to go with that.

Reaction Score
I think part of it is looking to the future on Ollie's part.

Olander isn't going to be here next year. Nolan will. All other things being equal, it's better to give minutes and experience to the guy who's going to be here and who has a chance to improve and help down the line.

Reaction Score
last night, considering how long KO went without a center, he had no shot to play. Mich ST is a whole different story. I agree with others, he sees time tomorrow, but the more time he sees, the worse off we are, because it means Brimah/Giffey/Nolan are in foul trouble.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think he gets some time tomorrow because of his size inside. No matter I want to see UCONN run when possible and get fouls on their big's

Reaction Score
It's possible. They may start Nolan against Payne and then depending on how long they stay with that and possibly rotate TO in on him. I agree that Brimah's minutes could be more limited since he can't play Payne on the perimeter.

I think he gets some time tomorrow because of his size inside. No matter I want to see UCONN run when possible and get fouls on their big's

Reaction Score
If we want 0 rebounds, two quick fouls and a missed jump shot, bring him in rot 3 minutes
Hey please show some respect, you think Kemba won his ring all by himself? He gives us just as much as Nolan does, although Ollie has his reasons. If anyone thinks that Tyler coming in for a few minutes whether to spell one of our bigs, give some fouls, or for just for some experience will cost us a game is delusional.

He's not a great player but his effort and energy can be contagious. You may not be guaranteed points or rebounds but you will get 'ten toes in'. His experience is not to be discarded either. I really hope he gets some minutes before he graduates.

Reaction Score
I bet olander gets minutes tomorrow night, he played very well last year vs msu. similar to how calhoun played giffey out of nowhere vs kentucky in the 2011 tourney.

Reaction Score
yeah that's weird he has not played, I thought he was hurt. Same with Omar Calhoun? Guess they just were out of the mix down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom