Olander | The Boneyard

Olander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid has regressed big time. Just looks lost out there, major liability. Start Wolf, maybe that will light a fire, sure as hell won't hurt the team.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Come on, no need to start a thread just to knock a kid. A lot of players were bad tonight.

Reaction Score
can't score the basketball at all, and his reputation as a shooter is strictly practice lore at this point. Wide open, contested, doesn't matter, he never knocks them down. That pass up of a wide open baseline jumper to that whirling nonsense showed just how little confidence he has in himself to hit that shot.

Reaction Score
he's playing in a new role. I have a feeling KO is asking him to look for his shot, its gotta come from down low sometimes (or at least a big guy) and he has to feel out what works, and ... what doesn't.

Reaction Score
Not making ok, but why is he shooting 3's? Our 3 headed centers had 2 rebounds in total.

Reaction Score
Kid has some skills, don't get me wrong, but his lack of confidence paralyzed him out there all tournament. Gotta trust his shot. Knock a couple down, and it opens up the drive/spin move he loves. Without him this will be a loooong season.

Reaction Score
Not making ok, but why is he shooting 3's? Our 3 headed centers had 2 rebounds in total.

I have no problem with him shooting threes. What are we saving open shots for? Gotta create something, spread the defense out.

Reaction Score
i say start Boat, Bazz, DD, TO, Wolf...we need some size out there and TO can't handle playing center all game...he just end up fouling out...

Reaction Score
i say start Boat, Bazz, DD, TO, Wolf...we need some size out there and TO can't handle playing center all game...he just end up fouling out...

Dunno, tough to try to fit into a mold we can't support. I think the approach will be to play the best we have and live with the results. When the guards are on we'll win some games. If we try to fit into something we can't execute, we're stuck loosing a lot regardless of whether or not we play well.

Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but out frontcourt has actually been worse than I imagined it would be.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by having teams with great size for the last 15 years, but wow.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Olander should be a 2nd string 4. It's not really his fault that he's been thrust into a role he can't fill as a starting center.

Reaction Score
We did lose what likely would have been our top 4 front court players. I guess my optimism in the returnees might have been a bit misguided.

Reaction Score
I said this the other night. Jeff Adrien would be the perfect medicine for this team. Intense big man with muscle instead of a stick figure like Wolf or DD.

Reaction Score
Tyler wasn't good and hasn't been. It's not all on him though....I will say this I expected him to play "smarter" at least if not better and right now neither are in his favor.......he has work to do!!

Reaction Score

I agree he has been constantly griping about calls being demonstrative. It also seems like its going to be more of the same old standstill offense where they don't look to get other people involved.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Tyler wasn't good and hasn't been. It's not all on him though....I will say this I expected him to play "smarter" at least if not better and right now neither are in his favor.......he has work to do!!
That's his problem. Once he gets into a funk he gets out of sync. With TO it's as much a mental thing as it is a physical thing. People probably were getting on him about Uconn getting out rebounded in the VT game. And thats all she wrote He came into this tournament and you could see from the get go his body language was a shadow of what it was the first two games. He played like a deer in the headlights these three games.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I said this the other night. Jeff Adrien would be the perfect medicine for this team. Intense big man with muscle instead of a stick figure like Wolf or DD.
Jeff Adrien with these guards and this is a legitimate top 25 team.

Reaction Score

He's gotta stop using his hands on D, just man your spot and stop reaching in. If a guy scores over you or around so be it but he'll waste good defensive possessions by using his hands or going for blocks when he would be better off just putting his hands up.

Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien with these guards and this is a legitimate top 25 team.

True, but in fairness, Jeff Adrien 1-on-5 is a Top 25 team.

jeff_adrien.jpg

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
It also seems like its going to be more of the same old standstill offense where they don't look to get other people involved.

This is the issue that concerns me the most. With a guard-oriented team and a former point guard as head coach, I thought we'd be a lot more imaginative on offense. Instead it's the same cr*p we've been seeing for 4 years.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Johnny Selvie. Are we recruiting JUCOs?

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
True, but in fairness, Jeff Adrien 1-on-5 is a Top 25 team.

jeff_adrien.jpg
Absolutely. Combine him with Shabazz and its a top ten team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom