olander: night and day | The Boneyard

olander: night and day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
30 minutes, one rebound. Also Ville got a ton of layups. Not TO fault but the middle was open.

Reaction Score
30 minutes, one rebound. Also Ville got a ton of layups. Not TO fault but the middle was open.

Just not in the right place today. Siva and smith just ran past him

U

UCONNfan1

Makes one think that the ND game was the exception rather than the rule.

Reaction Score
It was the difference in the game. I understand Louisville has far more athletic big men, but still....one rebound? 3 between both centers? Clearly they were intimidated. And were really both quite bad and inactive on defense.

Still, not disappointed. That is an excellent team, and a pain in the ass to play. I think by the end of the year, UConn would be able to give them 40 minutes of competitive play.

Reaction Score
Even that one rebound deserves an asterisk - he got Dieng's missed foul shot with a minute to go, so Dieng wasn't around to take it.

I'd have accepted Tyler shooting 1-10 tonight coming off that ND game, as long as he played aggressive and battled - take some shots and make the other team guard you, take a little bit of pressure off our guards.

He's been here three years and faced Drummond, Chuck and Alex every day in practice. He shouldn't be scared of anyone. In a game like this, he has to provide us some sort of a presence - some combination of offense, defense, and rebounding. If he can't give us all three, we at least need one.

Reaction Score
Their is something wrong with the kid. I have met him multiple times and he's not all there.

Reaction Score
Wolf and Olander played 40 minutes......and only committed 2 fouls between them while the Louisville bigs and guards took the ball relentlessly to the hole.

Can't happen.

Reaction Score
he was brutal on the defensive end. leaving his feet, no rebounding, and simply not a presence down low. I don't mean to kill the guy because he is who he is athletically and he is simply just not on the same level as UL's frontcourt.

Also, he and Wolf did a poor job hedging on ball screens.

Lastly, offensively i think a HUGE factor for Olander is his confidence. I wish he would take his 10-15 footers with confidence rather than thinking about it and then shooting once we all in the crowd had to yell at him to shoot.

Reaction Score
there was a few times on the baseline he should have drove to the basket and taken the foul

Reaction Score
While they should have played better the guards should have kept Siva and Smith in front of them better and made them shoot the ball from 15 feet and out.........Smith had a lay up drill I agree but how many times are Tyler and EW going to see that kind of blur?? No one played well, bad night...happens!!

Reaction Score
While they should have played better the guards should have kept Siva and Smith in front of them better and made them shoot the ball from 15 feet and out.........Smith had a lay up drill I agree but how many times are Tyler and EW going to see that kind of blur?? No one played well, bad night...happens!!

The guards were playing 1 on 2 all night. Ballhandler+screener with no hedge help. It was ridiculous.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I understand TO is undersized but he needs to at least attempt to defend the hoop. At the end of the ND game he was a defensive beast, altering and blocking shots. I was stunned; never seen him do that before.
Then against Lville he just turned and watched smith or whoever lay it in. Im not advocating his benching, but our D is noticeably better with Wolf in there. Not really sure why Wolf didnt play at all in the second half, but is it any coincidence Lville shot 65% or whatever it was in the 2nd half???

Reaction Score
Correct, those were the tip times
I guess we could have more baseball-esque stats for him to paint a better picture.

Stuff like quality starts, indoors/outdoors, grass/turf. Hell, we'll even keep track of how many free throws he makes after he misses the first one.

Reaction Score
Providing a significant 'bump' on the first drive sets the tone.

Reaction Score
based on per 40 minutes: Enosch is the better player... he could've had a double double at ND by mistake too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom