OL Stephen Brown gone... | The Boneyard

OL Stephen Brown gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He could probably start at a smaller school in CT ( UNH, SCSU, CCSU, Sacred Heart )

Reaction Score
Since the move to I-A, we have seen a number of walk-ons who might be able to help us if called on, but aren't likely to get the chance, move on. Brown is in that category. he was going to be on the two-deep, and maybe would have seen the field to block for place kicks, but I don't think he was viewed as someone who would eventually start. So it's unfortunate, and it leaves us less depth, but it appears he was emergency depth, as opposed to emerging depth.

In any event, thank you for your contributions to the program and best of luck wherever you go.

Reaction Score
By all accounts a wonderful kid and hard worker. Would really like to have him for depth, but maybe he has an opportunity to get on the field somewhere else. I don't know how you can fault a kid for that.

Reaction Score
Tough to lose a 6'5" 298 lb tackle. Good luck to him

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Since the move to I-A, we have seen a number of walk-ons who might be able to help us if called on, but aren't likely to get the chance, move on. Brown is in that category. he was going to be on the two-deep, and maybe would have seen the field to block for place kicks, but I don't think he was viewed as someone who would eventually start. So it's unfortunate, and it leaves us less depth, but it appears he was emergency depth, as opposed to emerging depth.

In any event, thank you for your contributions to the program and best of luck wherever you go.
Nailed it. And I think this logic applies to most transfers due to competition.

Reaction Score
Good kid, hard worker, and very nice parents. Though not playing football, my understandinig is that he'll remain at UConn to finish his degree.

Reaction Score
Steve was a fine young man. Good kid good family. Was my sons camp roommate his freshman year. the life of a non scholarship lineman is not easy. As dtated in an earlier post they provide depth but most importantly they are key to the scout team giving the defense a good look week in week out.
As I understand it Steve is staying at UCONN and will actually compete on the ski team as he is an accomplished skier.

Reaction Score
I've seen college ski races. Had a son who raced. I am fairly confident that most of his opponents will be happy they go down the mountain one at a time, and not skiercross style, because I doubt many would want to be bumping young Mr. Brown going 70 miles per hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom