OK; Game faces everyone! [Game Thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OK; Game faces everyone! [Game Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...And the talk of ND vs Uconn continues. 7 of the last 9! 7 of the last 9! Ugh. Seriously? In the NCAA tournament, a history lesson has no value.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What a play by Jefferson, around the back pass to Stewie while going out of bounds.

Reminiscent of the great Caron Butler play of a few years back.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that we did not come out flat. We took charge from the start and that, to me, set the tone for the game. I hope that we keep this same mindset the rest of the tournament. "Seek and Destroy".

Go, Huskies!!!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Moriah is just so fun to watch. She always plays so hard.

I think this is the most we will see of Chong this tourney. She has hit a few shots, but also made some dumb plays and just looks a step slow out there. (and I know she's incredibly quick, so it's not that.)

Stokes looks active, which is great. We will need her.

Reaction Score
Chong with her 3rd 3 of the night. 3 for 4 from 3 for her. And.. PV follows it up as they have often in this 2nd half by chucking up a 3 of their own. Game over 87-44.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Round one under the belt. But what a sloppy mess the last 12 minutes of the game. Prairie View actually outplayed UCONN over the final 12 minutes. Yeah, I know the game was well out of reach, but that was a sloppy mess of a stretch for the team. Lots for Geno to talk about. Certainly not as impressive a win as I would have expected...

Reaction Score
Players singing Happy Birthday on the court right behind Geno doing the post-game interview.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yeah, we didn't look great the last half of the 2nd half. Some of that was partly due to subs being in, but Banks needed to really step up (IMO) and show why she deserves time...seems like she just sort of fouled a lot.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I know. I was disappointed...those last 12 minutes. Yuck. What happened?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry, gang. I was in the fitness center watching the game and didn't bring my phone.

I thought the starting 5 were excellent. Stef got us off to a good start. Stewie was her usual versatile self. Bria shot well and pushed the pace. Kaleena hit open bombs. And Moriah was disruptive as usual, plus scored on 2 offensive putbacks. Plus Kiah played well, blocked shots, grabbed a lot of boards, and was fairly aggressive on offense.

Things were rough early on and again the last 10 minutes or so. To answer semper's question, I think it was Moriah's absence. On offense and defense, she wreaks havoc and makes things happen. We play so much better with her in the game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hartley had a great game, but ... I think she got a little out of control in the second half when playing with the subs - maybe a little too hyped when it got into sloppy mode.
But a very good first rounder - no drama, KML firing (though where was she for the first 10 minutes?), Bria still locked in, Stef scoring early, Moriah skying for offense boards, and Stewart doing her thing. Plus Stokes off the bench playing well - seems the only one who feeds her down low is Stef by the way - couple of nice assists.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we didn't look great the last half of the 2nd half. Some of that was partly due to subs being in, but Banks needed to really step up (IMO) and show why she deserves time...seems like she just sort of fouled a lot.

She was kind of lost out there, lack of composure. She picked the ball up without plan ahead who to pass to, this intern caused a stagnant execution to the flow of the offense. She needs to take a closer look of her game and mentally prepare for it. Didn't like her offensive drive neither.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Round one under the belt. But what a sloppy mess the last 12 minutes of the game. Prairie View actually outplayed UCONN over the final 12 minutes. Yeah, I know the game was well out of reach, but that was a sloppy mess of a stretch for the team. Lots for Geno to talk about. Certainly not as impressive a win as I would have expected...

The final 12 minutes at this time of year means nothing in regards to how Uconn will play in any of the next 5 games, should they get that far.

Three bench players with two rotating starters is always a recipe for sloppier play. Add in the fact that Geno has them work the clock and typically stops running and it can get even uglier.

My point is that it's doubtful Geno will talk much about the last ten minutes. He wants them focusing on the next game and playing as well as they can from the time the game starts until the game is in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom