Ohio's Jim Christian has acceppted the BCU job | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ohio's Jim Christian has acceppted the BCU job

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
' Irrelevant " except on here however. Lots more threads and discussions on this site revolving on what BC does and is doing, than any disccussion on BC sites on what is going on at Uconn. I don't think there can be much disagreement on this if we're honest about it would seem to me.

Because if they brought us up, they'd only look like Syracuse. Which would be far worse.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something here? When Jim Groce left for Illinois, he took over a team coming off a sweet sixteen appearance and proceeded to take them to the first round of the NIT the next year, and then the CIT quarterfinals the year after that. He was also seventeen games under .500 in four years at TCU, and never got past the first round of the NCAA Tournament with Kent State. Twelve years as a head coach, no wins in the NCAA or NIT.

BCU has been irrelevant for some time now. They needed to make a splash with this hire to keep afloat. UConn has drowned them with their success for years, and Providence, UMass, and Harvard all have far superior programs at this point as well. I'd be pretty shocked if Jim Christian changes that.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something here? When Jim Groce left for Illinois, he took over a team coming off a sweet sixteen appearance and proceeded to take them to the first round of the NIT the next year, and then the CIT quarterfinals the year after that. He was also seventeen games under .500 in four years at TCU, and never got past the first round of the NCAA Tournament with Kent State. Twelve years as a head coach, no wins in the NCAA or NIT.

BCU has been irrelevant for some time now. They needed to make a splash with this hire to keep afloat. UConn has drowned them with their success for years, and Providence, UMass, and Harvard all have far superior programs at this point as well. I'd be pretty shocked if Jim Christian changes that.

On the surface this is even worse than the Donahue hire, at least Donahue had that one run in him with Cornell, this dude walked into a ready made situation with a team that nearly beat UNC in the Sweet 16 and didn't do anything with it.

Reaction Score
' Irrelevant " except on here however. Lots more threads and discussions on this site revolving on what BC does and is doing, than any disccussion on BC sites on what is going on at Uconn. I don't think there can be much disagreement on this if we're honest about it would seem to me.
Not a bunch of posts about us being awesome on the BCU message board? You don't say........

We here at the Boneyard are fans of comedy. Your program is a joke, so it will be discussed.

Reaction Score
Inspired choice.

I think Amaker turned them down, which really gives you a good idea of the state of BC basketball.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you highlight the phrase Boston College Men's Basketball Head Coach and hit the thesaurus, it converts it to Career Killer.

Reaction Score
BCU doesn't discuss UConn because of their shame.

Reaction Score
I think because we wonder what it is you do with all that ACC money, There is not one sport that has seemed to have outwardly benefited from it. None. Not one. There is so much that we can accomplish with it, that is what you are ultimately afraid of.
' Might be hard to believe, but I don't get a plug nickel from the ACC money. I'd imagine the money their school gets does help their other sports there, more than if they were not members of the ACC. I'm not afraid of Uconn. So I don't know what that means. That said, I do agree with you that Uconn wishes they had the ACC money, and the school would like to get their hands on it. I can't fault the school for that... any school for that matter.

Reaction Score
Would this sentence get you a passing grade in English 101 at BC?

quote]

I don't know what the criteria is at BC for their English classes. I never went to BC. For that matter, I never made application to their school( ..probably wouldn't have gotten in had I submitted an application. )

Reaction Score
Inspired choice.

I think Amaker turned them down, which really gives you a good idea of the state of BC basketball.
True. The Men's Basketball program at BC is in pretty bad shape.

Reaction Score
BCU doesn't discuss UConn because of their shame.
I don't think they have a conscience to look at it this way. It doesn't help either that Uconn is no longer covered much in the local Boston papers, or on NESN, or on the Sportstalk radio stations in Boston, etc. BC is barely covered at all, and Uconn is pretty much non existent in sports coverage around Boston. Its a Pro Sports town. Uconn will get a blub now however, now that they have made the Final Four.. but if they lose, it'll be back to the same ol, same ol, where college sports coverage in Boston is akin to the coverage of the Revolution Pro soccer team ( probably less ). It is what it is. I wish it was different, but it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom