Ohio State on Sunday north of the border...a bargain! | The Boneyard

Ohio State on Sunday north of the border...a bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I see they are 5-2...I would guess they will provide some decent competition...hope so.

5:30 at the Ma. Mutual Center in downtown Springfield. Tickets range from $10 to $30...all the $60
seats are gone. There are 4 games with Marist playing in the game just befoe UConn/OSU. Marist is an entertaining team to watch due to patience and fundamentals. Brian DeGeorgis is the well-respected coach there....he was an assistant to Sherri Coale in the World University Games this past summer...KML and Bria on that team. Mass. Mutual phone is 866-768-5479. $10 a ticket? That price harkens back to the late 20th century charge. No bad seats at that arena...a bit smaller than Gampel.

You can watch action...leave and shop or have a bite to eat....and re-enter at no charge. The HOF is close by and well worth a visit...lots of fascinating displays and interactions available. I hear that Plan B restaurant [burgers] is worth checking out....in the HOF.

BTW: I read that Geno gave the kids Monday and Tuesday off and they will be practicing Wednesday. That would seem to suggest not enough time to go home if you live faraway. Wonder how many players will be at Geno's for Thanksgiving dinner? I saw his mother in the stands...I bet she can wield a serious spoon in the kitchen for some great Italian dishes.

I think I read a few years ago that Geno requires the kids to return from breaks 2 days prior to games...with an eye for possible winter weather delays. If true, that would mean all hands need to be on-deck on Friday.

Looking at the Christmas break... they have 7 days off between the game with California on D22 and Cincy on D29. That would seem to allow a decent stretch of home cooking and family time for everybody even if they have to get back on D27.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You can watch action...leave and shop or have a bite to eat....and re-enter at no charge. The HOF is close by and well worth a visit...lots of fascinating displays and interactions available. I hear that Plan B restaurant [burgers] is worth checking out....in the HOF.
Plan B is very good. Been there quite a few times. Max's Tavern is good also. And there's a Coldstone. :)

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
On the radio post game Sunday, it seemed that most ofthe team was going to be at Geno's home for Thanksgiving dinner. Between family, friends and his team, I bet his house rocks for Turkey Day!

Reaction Score
On the radio post game Sunday, it seemed that most ofthe team was going to be at Geno's home for Thanksgiving dinner. Between family, friends and his team, I bet his house rocks for Turkey Day!

That's a whole lot of food! My son used to invite the whole basketball team for dinner after practice and those guys could eat!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno has a huge recruiting advantage. Thanksgiving dinner in his fabulous house prepared by Kathy and Nonna. Who wouldn't want to be part of that?!

I'm getting in my car now to drive to Manchester. :)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately UConn will win by thirty. It won't be all that close. Looking forward to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom