Ohio St Loses again | The Boneyard

Ohio St Loses again

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Great news for Syracuse fans!!!!!!!!111111!!!1!!!1111!1!11!!!!11

Arizona is currently losing to Stanford and Syracuse is currently beating Wake!!!11!1!11!!!!

If this holds up, they can put good use to their #1 t-shirts again!1!1!! Or even make new ones!!!!!!!

10348232-large.jpg

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I think tonight's loss propels Ohio St. back into the the top 20. I also think Lunardi moves them up at least 2 spots in his projection tomorrow.

I mean, they did lose to...Penn St....at home...but you can't really hold that against them because I'm sure Aaron Craft had one of the pluckiest performances the world has ever seen. That alone is worth a road win against a top 5 team.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Wiscy now has lost 4/5 against Minny, Michigan, Indiana and likely Northwestern with a win against Purdue.

They are #14 before this loss. They and OSU are vying for quickest free fall.

caw

Reaction Score
8 OKState, 18 Pitt lost Monday, both 25 games

11 UK, 15 Iowa lost Tuesday, Iowa was a top 25 matchup also.

14 wisky, 16 ISU, 21 UMass and 24 OSU lose tonight. ISU was a top 25 matchup.

Long way to go this week still too. I imagine UMass and OSU are completely gone. Wisky should tumble a lot.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Don't we want that? Syracuse being ranked #1 would be nauseating.
Would of been "less of a bad loss" at home vs Stanford, if they were able to pull it out against Ariz.

Reaction Score
Would of been "less of a bad loss" at home vs Stanford, if they were able to pull it out against Ariz.

Yes, it's a missed RPI opportunity for us, just like Indiana losing against Michigan State a few weeks ago. Aside from Florida and, maybe, Harvard, our OOC isn't as strong as we might hope for, despite having played 6 power conference teams. Unfortunately, those 6 teams are ranked #6, #53, #67, #70, #85, and #170. When you schedule the big boys, you expect more than one top-50 game.

Having played unusually strong teams from cupcake conferences, Harvard #44 and BU #89 helps the RPI a little, but the fact remains we've only played one team OOC that's an NCAA Tournament lock.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Kensucky will drop maybe 7 spots I bet. Osu out Umass out.ISU and Wis will fall out of top 20 maybe.

Will beat Houston and still drop to 30 some how.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's a missed RPI opportunity for us, just like Indiana losing against Michigan State a few weeks ago. Aside from Florida and, maybe, Harvard, our OOC isn't as strong as we might hope for, despite having played 6 power conference teams. Unfortunately, those 6 teams are ranked #6, #53, #67, #70, #85, and #170. When you schedule the big boys, you expect more than one top-50 game.

Having played unusually strong teams from cupcake conferences, Harvard #44 and BU #89 helps the RPI a little, but the fact remains we've only played one team OOC that's an NCAA Tournament lock.

That's why scheduling is so crucial moving forward. Of the power conference teams we've played, only Indiana and Florida are consistently relevant. Between BC, Stanford, Washington, and Maryland, how many sweet 16's do those schools account for in the last five years? Without looking it up, I'd guess the answer is zero, maybe one. That slate would have been fine in the Big East, and it might even turn out fine this year, (w/ six combined games against strong Cincy, Louisville, and Memphis squads) but for this program to stay afloat RPI wise in the future, we're probably going to need teams like Michigan State, Wisconsin, Kansas, etc. on the schedule rather than mid-tier PAC 12 and ACC schools.

Reaction Score
I've heard Kansas and Wichita state tossed around as possible future series.

Also would expect some old big east games to get mixed in within the next couple years

Reaction Score
Wiscy now has lost 4/5 against Minny, Michigan, Indiana and likely Northwestern with a win against Purdue.

They are #14 before this loss. They and OSU are vying for quickest free fall.
I think Baylor is running away with that award

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

Also would expect some old big east games to get mixed in within the next couple years

Sounds like Nova could be on the list too.

caw

Reaction Score
I think Baylor is running away with that award

I considered them for a half second, but I think I'm on record as saying Baylor will continue to be mediocre as long as Drew is their coach. OSU and Wisky are actually decent teams.

Reaction Score

Rumor is they are playing UCLA in Pauley next year, that is on top of the expected return games with Florida & Stanford(not sure what to expect out of Stanford). I think the Texas series is re-starting, and it appears Barnes has them back in the right direction again.

Reaction Score
Between BC, Stanford, Washington, and Maryland, how many sweet 16's do those schools account for in the last five years?
Washington was there in 2010.

That's the only one...

Stanford was there in 2008 (just missing your cutoff).

Boston College hasn't been there since 2006.

Maryland hasn't been there since 2003.

Reaction Score
Rumor is they are playing UCLA in Pauley next year, that is on top of the expected return games with Florida & Stanford(not sure what to expect out of Stanford). I think the Texas series is re-starting, and it appears Barnes has them back in the right direction again.

So:

@Florida
@Stanford
H - Washington (?)

Maybe:

H - Texas
@UCLA

It would be great to add:

H - Kansas
H - B1G team
H or A - Nova or Georgetown or some other solid team with UConn history

Is there any chance they'll be in a pre-season tournament with solid teams?

I'd love to keep up a series with a school like Florida or Texas that is somewhat akin to what Kentucky/UNC do. And Florida is almost always really good since Donovan is there. They might be the team I'd pick for the title right now.

Reaction Score
Where have you guys heard about UCLA? And Texas is a certainty for next year. Washington deal was a 1/1, I believe.

Reaction Score
Where have you guys heard about UCLA? And Texas is a certainty for next year. Washington deal was a 1/1, I believe.
Honestly, I simply forgot that we played them last year.

As for UCLA, I'm only taking the point @aceboon made and putting it in the maybe.

Texas being a certainty is great. Hopefully at home to balance out the road games @Florida and @Stanford.

If the UCLA bit is true, and if they really are working on Kansas (or even WSU); those would be very good games and provide good cover for the weaker teams we'll play in conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom