Oh Boy... | The Boneyard

Oh Boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They probably won't do the ceremony until next year when there are fans again....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She left early but did she officially graduate? If not, she will need to finish her course work before she can land on the wall...

Reaction Score
Sorry, love UConn basketball and I had conjured up scenarios last year that had UConn winning another NC. Especially if Geno had spread the floor out with some pressure D. ( I argued that on BY all last year.)
I respect Meg. She was excellent. She fought through the problems she had early in her career. She was a leader. She was a positive spokesperson. I enjoyed her interviews. Everybody can't be Katie Lou. She established a role on a top 4 program in which she and the program found success. Good enough to be an AA.
IMHO she's a notch below "wall" worthy. Not a slight. UConn is synonymous with WCBB greatness.
Don Mattingly, Paul O'Neill, Bernie Williams, Catfish Hunter, Willie Randolph don't have their Yankee #'s retired. They are iconic players with huge accomplishments. A notch below. Still honor. No shame.
The highest honors have to be just that, the highest honors.

Reaction Score
Sorry, love UConn basketball and I had conjured up scenarios last year that had UConn winning another NC. Especially if Geno had spread the floor out with some pressure D. ( I argued that on BY all last year.)
I respect Meg. She was excellent. She fought through the problems she had early in her career. She was a leader. She was a positive spokesperson. I enjoyed her interviews. Everybody can't be Katie Lou. She established a role on a top 4 program in which she and the program found success. Good enough to be an AA.
IMHO she's a notch below "wall" worthy. Not a slight. UConn is synonymous with WCBB greatness.
Don Mattingly, Paul O'Neill, Bernie Williams, Catfish Hunter, Willie Randolph don't have their Yankee #'s retired. They are iconic players with huge accomplishments. A notch below. Still honor. No shame.
The highest honors have to be just that, the highest honors.

Yankees are probably not the best comparison when looking for a comparison of teams not liberally retiring numbers. First, the numbers on the Wall of Honor are not retired. Have to make the Basketball Hall of Fame to earn that honor. And only Lobo has done that.

And the Yankees have retired Mattingly and Williams numbers, along with Pettitte, Guidry, and Posada.

Reaction Score
Yankees are probably not the best comparison when looking for a comparison of teams not liberally retiring numbers. First, the numbers on the Wall of Honor are not retired. Have to make the Basketball Hall of Fame to earn that honor. And only Lobo has done that.

And the Yankees have retired Mattingly and Williams numbers, along with Pettitte, Guidry, and Posada.
[/QUOTE

I’m embarrassed. I’m a Yankee fan too. Should have checked my facts first.
I do stand by my basic premise that Meg doesn’t belong on the wall. If she stayed, started this year, led this year as a captain, scorer and team leader, final 4, NC. A definite maybe.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I’m embarrassed. I’m a Yankee fan too. Should have checked my facts first.
I do stand by my basic premise that Meg doesn’t belong on the wall. If she stayed, started this year, led this year as a captain, scorer and team leader, final 4, NC. A definite maybe.
She met the criteria to be on the wall. If she graduates (if that is part of the criteria) she deserves to be on the wall.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
She’ll be up there and have an unveiling like everyone else has. And she was there to see enough of those unveilings to know that’s the drill.

No need to stir the pot, and I’m kind of disappointed in Connolly for insinuating there is some kind of snub.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No need to stir the pot, and I’m kind of disappointed in Connolly for insinuating there is some kind of snub.

That's what you get from a reporter who is too young to know better and from posters here who have no filter. Given the time between Dan's two tweets on the topic I'm guessing he heard from someone within the UConn program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Someday I'm sure Boneyarders will have to come up with an "All not on the Wall" team, since it would obviously be a pretty good unit. After all it would include this year's WNBA rookie of the year for example with Crystal, but I'm sure if I thought about it more, that team would be better than all but a hand-full of other teams all time best teams.

Reaction Score
She’ll be up there and have an unveiling like everyone else has. And she was there to see enough of those unveilings to know that’s the drill.

slow news day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22