Official visits for Katie Lou and Asia are....? | The Boneyard

Official visits for Katie Lou and Asia are....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Do we know the specific dates? Hopefully junior Napheesa Collier will also stop by....remember that Geno went to see her a couple of times this past season.

Reaction Score
Do we know the specific dates? Hopefully junior Napheesa Collier will also stop by....remember that Geno went to see her a couple of times this past season.
A group of recruits including Durr and Samuelson will be visiting the same time during early May. I believe Collier and Kalani Brown will be there at the same time as well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A group of recruits including Durr and Samuelson will be visiting the same time during early May. I believe Collier and Kalani Brown will be there at the same time as well.
Wouldn't that be nice. Durr, Samuelson, Collier and Brown? Can you say 195-0? ;)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Jdub; appreciate that info. Maybe scrimmage a bit with the returning players at the new practice facility? Hey...
I would pay to see that!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought it was May 15, but that's a Thursday and doesn't make much sense unless they are going for a long weekend. Maybe the 9th-11th? I check on the practice facility web cam almost daily. The exterior seems mostly complete. Brick and glass in the front with the pair of slanted roofs on the top in the back. No landscaping and I imagine they won't get to that until the interior is complete. Not sure how far along the project will be come mid-May, but even an incomplete facility will give the recruits a glimpse of what else the best WCBB program in the nation can offer them...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This will be Gorecki's 3rd visit to Storrs. She was at Duke last weekend, a "special visitor."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Weekend weather mid 50s with sun Fri and Sun and maybe a few showers on Sat. (And no ICE!)

Reaction Score
This will be Gorecki's 3rd visit to Storrs. She was at Duke last weekend, a "special visitor."
What were we doing this past weekend? Why couldn't she come to Storrs this past weekend for a tour????? OH wait. We were having a parade in Hartford. Why were we doing that again???? :)

Reaction Score
Thanks for update. Reportedly there is another recruiting weekend in May that will include other recruits.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought it was May 15, but that's a Thursday and doesn't make much sense unless they are going for a long weekend. Maybe the 9th-11th? I check on the practice facility web cam almost daily. The exterior seems mostly complete. Brick and glass in the front with the pair of slanted roofs on the top in the back. No landscaping and I imagine they won't get to that until the interior is complete. Not sure how far along the project will be come mid-May, but even an incomplete facility will give the recruits a glimpse of what else the best WCBB program in the nation can offer them...
Even if there was no practice facility, I know one big thing the best WCBB program can offer that no one else can. If I were a recruit and a coach went on and on about their facilities or their arena, I would be compelled to ask the obvious: how many championship banners are hanging from your rafters?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Even if there was no practice facility, I know one big thing the best WCBB program can offer that no one else can. If I were a recruit and a coach went on and on about their facilities or their arena, I would be compelled to ask the obvious: how many championship banners are hanging from your rafters?
Oh ... OK....
I thought you were going to go with the: 'I'm feeling a little hungry, do you think we could send SOMEONE out for some Wendy's fries?!' :eek::rolleyes:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Oh ... OK....
I thought you were going to go with the: 'I'm feeling a little hungry, do you think we could send SOMEONE out for some Wendy's fries?!' :eek::rolleyes:
The Huskies are usually Hungry! :)

Reaction Score
DeJanae Boykin
Kalani Brown
Napheesa Collier
Asia Durr
Hayley Gorecki
Katie Lou Samuelson

We would be so fortunate and blessed to get any of them. But I am greedy so I hope we get lots of commitments in the next few weeks! So much talent and these recruits seem like such high character, ambitious kids as well. Kalani Brown, a 6'5" top rated center from an incredibly successful basketball family. We will certainly need a talented center in 2015 after Kiah graduates. My fingers and toes are crossed we get her. Asia Durr - total game changer and Hoopgurlz #1 player in the country. Wow! DeJanae Boykin - Every time I read the heartwarming stories about her and her brother it gets to me. What a great kid. Good height, fearless and so talented as well. Napheesa Collier - yet another great student athlete who is the total package. She really strikes me as a Uconn kid. Hayley Gorecki I know the least about but Geno has already offered her a scholarship, and in Geno I trust. Last, but not least, Katie Lou Samuelson. She is widely acknowledged as having the most athletic upside of any of the Samuelson sisters. And, after all, KML, our last California / Matre Dei recruit has certainly worked out tremendously well. I'll be sending good vibes to Storrs the next few recruiting weekends.

Reaction Score
DeJanae Boykin
Kalani Brown
Napheesa Collier
Asia Durr
Hayley Gorecki
Katie Lou Samuelson

We would be so fortunate and blessed to get any of them. But I am greedy so I hope we get lots of commitments in the next few weeks! So much talent and these recruits seem like such high character, ambitious kids as well. Kalani Brown, a 6'5" top rated center from an incredibly successful basketball family. We will certainly need a talented center in 2015 after Kiah graduates. My fingers and toes are crossed we get her. Asia Durr - total game changer and Hoopgurlz #1 player in the country. Wow! DeJanae Boykin - Every time I read the heartwarming stories about her and her brother it gets to me. What a great kid. Good height, fearless and so talented as well. Napheesa Collier - yet another great student athlete who is the total package. She really strikes me as a Uconn kid. Hayley Gorecki I know the least about but Geno has already offered her a scholarship, and in Geno I trust. Last, but not least, Katie Lou Samuelson. She is widely acknowledged as having the most athletic upside of any of the Samuelson sisters. And, after all, KML, our last California / Matre Dei recruit has certainly worked out tremendously well. I'll be sending good vibes to Storrs the next few recruiting weekends.
What a line up of recruits! It's almost embarrassing how loaded UConn may be the next several years, and with Geno and Co. running the show the sky's the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom